V15 Bug Thread

erebusant

She is built on copying and patching the existing.cre; I suspect it would harm nothing to add a scalp on the next big release for consitency. Except that the BG Fixpack has rejiggered the scalps, and possibly some other mods - I'll take a look. May have to do some quick checking to see if she has already had one assigned at the base .cre level and adding it only if it doesn't exist, to avoid those buig reports "she has two scalps!!"

I think BG1UB adds scalps to all bandits who don't have them. So if you installed BG1NPC after it and you're copying the .cre in question, the bandit might have the scalp already.

And you can scalp a bald person, it's just... trickier. Helps to have something to hold on to...

Hmmm... I put UB (v6) before BG1NPC, because it really should be that way, and folks should skip the conflicting stuff; X#KABAND still doesn't have a scalp. Gotta go investigate. Putting it on my long range list to look at in early August.

Oh... it's because you're not copying a bandit. You're copying a Black Talon Elite (ironelit.cre). To give it a scalp, just slap an ADD_CRE_ITEM ~%whatever_var_you_use_for_underscore%misc86~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~GLOVES~ at the end of the COPY_EXISTING block.

Heh. This .cre is getting changed so much, I'm almost wondering why they didn't just build a custom one from scratch. The gender, sounds, animation etc. all get switched. I'm also wondering why assign a WTASIGHT default script when there's already a WTARSGT class script, which I'm pretty sure includes everything in WTASIGHT.

That's me - I think the safest way to deal with stuff (especially cross platform, etc) is to copy an existing .cre and patch it rather than deal with mismatches betweemn creating platform. Not such a big deal now that everyone uses .tra, but it used to be a hassle with .cres from SoA on ToB and vice versa.

I'll see about it - if I can touch it this weekend, I will toss this on :) It will be little work for me and will give Jastey a miniature version up for a missing "-", and I will get one more quick pass through for typos.

(I was hoping to stick to my guns and just play, but perhaps this is for the best. My rig is really dying, and my new one is at least 2 weeks away from delivery.)

I found a bug when completing Kagin's quest in Baldur's Gate. Talking to lady Silvershield with any NPCs that have interjections gives you no option to tell her "the grave news" about her step-son. I was able to complete the quest by sending the commenting NPCs, Corran, Eldoth, and Skie, down to the first floor. When I talked to Silvershield without the offending NPCs I was given the "grave news" choice and recieved the 3000exp.

Just a slight non-critical dialog bug I just noticed. When dialoging with Tibor in the Cloakwood Nest area, Viconia interjects with "Foolish indeed. The death of the weak is to be encouraged. This natural selection is what made my people superior.", and then when you click on "continue" she says the same dialog all over again, and you get the 2 options to help Tibor locate Chelak or not.

When playtesting v15, I remember having a couple of interjections from Viconia (with Ardrouine) and Jaheira run twice. I signaled them to cmorgan. Interjections repeating are not a big deal anyway, as long as the player is not stuck in an infinite loop.

Archived