V15 Bug Thread

erebusant

I found a bug when completing Kagin's quest in Baldur's Gate. Talking to lady Silvershield with any NPCs that have interjections gives you no option to tell her "the grave news" about her step-son. I was able to complete the quest by sending the commenting NPCs, Corran, Eldoth, and Skie, down to the first floor. When I talked to Silvershield without the offending NPCs I was given the "grave news" choice and recieved the 3000exp.

This is also solved. The reason was the wrong install order of interjections and the quest reply, letting the reply vanish if an interjection occurs. Will be fixed.

Thank you very much for reporting! If any more issues and bugs arise, please let us know so we can fix them.

I found a slight problem in the Phase1/dlg/x#rumor.d file. The following state should read global,6 not global,5 so you don't get the dialog about the Iron Throne leaders being offed when you're wandering about Baldur's Gate in Chapter 6.

IF ~GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5) RandomNum(8,7)~ THEN BEGIN 6
SAY @12
IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL @13 EXIT
END

Actually, looking at it a little closer, this was the only state that didn't use the ~GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_5%) RandomNum(8,6)~ syntax. It just uses a straight Chapter 5.

Guest Guest_temujin_*

the links in the readme pointing to each NPC's quest are broken. it's referring to the old 'bg1_npc' folder instead of the current 'documents' folder.

Another minor thing that I forgot to mention...

While the NPC-related music is playing, the background (area related) music sometimes starts to play making the two overlap. Is it possible to prevent the area music from playing while having a conversation?

Another minor thing that I forgot to mention...

While the NPC-related music is playing, the background (area related) music sometimes starts to play making the two overlap. Is it possible to prevent the area music from playing while having a conversation?

Not that I know of, as PlaySong(0) stops the song playing initially. I turn off background music completely while playing with the Music Pack.

Is there a list of things that are fixed in the upcoming release? My issues were just the Montaron/Xan (due to Ajantis romance @ global 2) banter mixup and the Tiax quest (another topic in this forum). I did most of the quests and everything was groovy.

I always use every NPC for their quests and change romances depending on what I decide to play as.

Shar-Teel Romance was still getting stuck? I would like to try that in the next version.

Keep up the great work, BG1NPC Project rock stars!

Guest Guest_temujin_*
About music: is there a way to start/stop the main area music either by script or in the dialog actions when the dialog starts?

Hoppy, he just answered that question right above your post. :crazyeyes:

Keep up the great work, BG1NPC Project rock stars!

hear, hear! happy0147.gifhappy0147.gif

The Shar-Teel romance works just fine, Hoppy. Erebusant got stuck because his next lovetalk was slated to happen at an inn during daytime, and he was in a Bone Hill area that didn't have any inns. Once he returned to the main game area, the lovetalk happened, and everything went back on schedule.

Having said that, the romance is difficult to navigate successfully, especially in the beginning. I had a tough time with it, anyway, but then I generally play paladin types.

I'll see if I can get a changelog.

Archived