Question to correct spelling (English)

jastey

want to make sure he got what he requested at the drive-thru?
Well, obviously, there's no such ambiguity with that in Faerun (though I've no doubt someone might think it cute to create such a mod). You could get away with 'your Order' but it looks weird.
Sir_Carnifex: That's a good idea. It shows that I am not used to having an English install: since I have one now, I could have thought of this idea myself.
I suppose that is acceptable, unless you're riding with a proper game text update that corrects Bioware's poor English. They capitalise so many nouns you'd think someone translated it poorly from the German or something (even indistinct creature names like 'Ogre' and 'Elf' etc., which we've all agreed should not be capitalised from posts in the common workroom). And there is very little consistency in the unmodded dialog.tlk. Also, I think capitalising 'the Order' is marginally more acceptable than 'your Order' since the former implies the fuller name.
But that's the thing--the Judeo-Christian deity's name isn't actually "God"
I didn't, of course, mean it is the 'true name of God' which could be any number of things depending on which religious authority you consult, but in any case, it is a name for God rather than a reference to a god in general. But my point is the same as yours - it should be lowercase in any practical Faerunian dialogue (maybe if it's used as another name for Ao that might be different, but I'm not aware that it is - in any case, I don't think Ao's followers claim he is the only god).
Guest jastey*

Two more questions.

Ajantis' / Ajantis's

I know both versions exist, but which one is the more natural one for you?

my love / beloved

Ajantis calls his romantic interest "my love" or "beloved". My question: Should he stick to one name only, and if yes, which one sounds more natural to you?

Thank you again for your answers.

Ajantis' / Ajantis's

Both can be used in a possessive, but with an s' is more natural for me to use with a possessive noun that ends with an s.

Beloved sounds more romantic. My beloved is the greatest thing that happen to me. She is my beloved, my heart, my joy, my very existence.

For the second question, Bioware NPCs stick to one nickname, but to be honest I personally find it annoying. Anomen putting in 500 my loves right after 300 my ladies was pretty tiring. I'd vary, using a lot of different endearments, like CoM suggested above.

my love / beloved

Ajantis calls his romantic interest "my love" or "beloved". My question: Should he stick to one name only, and if yes, which one sounds more natural to you?

I like both, but I prefer a third one: simply "love", because it is 1) seldom used, and thus less cliche (in my opinion); 2) very powerful - it definitely gets the point across, as far as I'm concerned. I agree with what Domi said about how always using the same word could get tiresome after hearing it too often. So why not have two of them? Or three, for that matter? But that's just me and I believe you know what I think anyway. My suggestion is to go with what you consider to be the way he'd call his romantic interest.

As for Ajantis'/Ajantis's, I prefer the former because it feels and hears more natural to pronounce to me. Then again, if you're really unsure about either of them, you could try replacing some of the possessives with "[X] of Ajantis" (eg: the shield of Ajantis), which is more long winded and can get annoying if used too often, but it can still be acceptable in some places.

Thank you for your comments, I guess I will take Ajantis' and leave the names as it is and wait what my platesters will say about it.

Another question: a female knight is what, a Sir, a Lady... or something else? Meaning, if a female squire gest knighted, what would be her new name?

Archived