Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

Sewer Key
There's Valeria's party in Bridge District, hanging in some warehouse or whatever those stinking rottings that lay around may be. To my knowledge, she has no ties to any quest, neither do I know if some mod tries to fix that.

I seem to recall some UB-esque mutterings that if you take the Lawful path through Anomen's quest, originally BioWare's intent was that you would discover new evidence regarding his sister's murder, evidence leading to Dracandros & Co. But I have no idea just how "official" that is, and of course I almost always kill those guys before Anomen's quest even triggers anyway.

I place my vote for Ardanis' suggestion :)

That said, I don't think I like the idea of placing the key with them. As I said, I'd give it to the Rakshasa but buff him up to a respectable level (give him some thrall allies like the actual Mind Flayers have, and/or let him cast spells like rakshasa are supposed to do), but that's not within the field of IR.

Giving the key to Rakshasa is a rather silly move IMO. It's too close to the lair entrance, and would eliminate the whole thing with the finding the illithid lair location (remember the key's vague description). The key definitely should be in Athkatla, but NOT in the sewers under the Temple District.

Life Stealer +4

Aka Entreri's dagger.

1) weapon merchant in Ust Natha

2) Nizi the dragon, Suldanessellar

3) Watcher's Keep, as Shaitan says

4) Firkraag, Twisted Rune, Kangaxx someone tough and without much treasure. But who?

5) Ribald's special stock

Life Stealer +4

Aka Entreri's dagger.

1) weapon merchant in Ust Natha

2) Nizi the dragon, Suldanessellar

3) Watcher's Keep, as Shaitan says

4) Firkraag, Twisted Rune, Kangaxx someone tough and without much treasure. But who?

5) Ribald's special stock

1) There already are Firetooh and Spider Fang there.

2) he already has a good loot, but I wouldn't mind

3) yeah, but where? There already is the Dagger of the Star there, though this may actually be a more appropriate loot from the Demilich

4) if that "someone" could also use it even better!

5) I'd say no, it's a really "evil" weapon after all ???

Gnasher + 2

Yes, good point. I had enough trouble killing him as is, surprisingly enough.

Flame of the North

Is assigned to Anarg. But frankly speaking I'm not impressed with his performance. As I've predicted, he fell too fast for the fireshield effect to seriously hurt me, had poor ApR to benefit well from the damage increased, and he also has four guys alongside. I'm becoming inclined to give it to Tazok. While he too isn't much of a fighter, he's got more HP still.

If you give Flame of the north to Tazok, will you remove his standard +2 two handed sword ?

Personally, I prefer to see a good weapons in a shop instead that on a creature a bit weak. (even in the worst is to see a good weapon in the inventory of a week creature)

Gnasher + 2

Give it to cefgt01.cre (fighter level 16 in bosquet) can be nice no ?
Yes, good point. I had enough trouble killing him as is, surprisingly enough.
Who's this Adherent guy?

The poor Dalok had both Gnasher and Flametongue and now he would get nothing, but considering he's a 13th lvl druid with bad fighting stats he probably won't miss them much.

Flame of the North

Is assigned to Anarg. But frankly speaking I'm not impressed with his performance. As I've predicted, he fell too fast for the fireshield effect to seriously hurt me, had poor ApR to benefit well from the damage increased, and he also has four guys alongside. I'm becoming inclined to give it to Tazok. While he too isn't much of a fighter, he's got more HP still.
Keep in mind that if we move the sword into the early chapters I have planned to nerf it. Its current enhancement bonus is really too high (base +2, Icy +1, Fire Resistance +2, Fireshield effect +1) for V3 standards (before the Underdark two-handed weapons should be +4 or +5). I planned to remove the shield effect (mainly because of the repeating EFF issue which doesn't allow me to handle its animation as I would), but if you think it's important to keep it we may remove the Fire Resistance.

- Personally, I prefer to see a good weapons in a shop instead that on a creature a bit weak.

- (even in the worst is to see a good weapon in the inventory of a week creature)

- Indeed I agree (and surely Ardanis too). That's why I wouldn't mind moving the Gnasher, because it's pointless to have a great weapon on someone who won't benefit from it at all.

- That's the main problem I and Ardanis encountered imo. Really too many creatures within BG have bad stats and equipment, don't benefit from correct proficiency points assignments, don't have kits, and so on. Pratically all non-mage opponents are pathetic (e.g. Anarg, Tazok) even when they could easily be very tough (e.g give them Grandmastery, few potions, and good equipment).

The more we look into this the more I think a Revised Creatures would be great. Maybe it doesn't belong to IR, but an optional component or a mini-mod to improve at least "boss-like" characters like Tazok would be cool. ???

The poor Dalok had both Gnasher and Flametongue and now he would get nothing, but considering he's a 13th lvl druid with bad fighting stats he probably won't miss them much.

With SCS, druids use a custom item witch allow them to polymoyph as a bear. (2attack per round, 18/00 Str and a respectable thac0) so they don't need weapons ^^

The more we look into this the more I think a Revised Creatures would be great. Maybe it doesn't belong to IR, but an optional component or a mini-mod to improve at least "boss-like" characters like Tazok would be cool

Personally, I think that Tazok and Dig Dag are supposed to be the real boss of Firkraag lair. (Firkraag is not supposed to be defeated before underdark imo).

Same in bosquet druid. Raakshasas and Faldorn are optional boss for me and in theory unbeatable before underdark.

Sadely the fight vs tazok party and dalok is really pitiable. :)

===> ??? I don't want to make pub but personally, I have made a litlle mod witch improve a lot the fight vs Tazok and Dig dag.^^ I have made Tazok a barbarian level 18 half ogre (wielding Roranach's Horn,orc leather +3 and flame of the north ) . Tazok drink a potion of absorption witch grants him 60% physical resistance in all and with 5 potions of healing, not easy to beat him (just borrowed your idea to make same for Gromnir^^ but the fact is I think that Vaillor helm already suit very well for him)

>The fight take place in the the firgraak room. Much more space for a nice butchery made in DrAzTiK ^^

mini_100619113455381231.jpg

mini_100619113530816137.jpg

For Dig dag, I have made him a Berserker. (with tazok original avatar, drinking a potion of defense and agility, large shield +2, grand mastery). And All compatible and optimized with SCS scripts. Tested on an install with many mod ^^

I will try to post my mod in some weeks :hm:

I don't make wonders in modding but I am rather happy of my job :D If some players want to play and/or advices me, I can send them my mod.

But Finally, there is a lot of loot in firkraag lair now:/ lol

I have also make a good fight vs dalok and his friends :D

Gnasher + 2

Who's this Adherent guy?
One of Dalok's cronies, pure fighter.

Flame of the North

Keep in mind that if we move the sword into the early chapters I have planned to nerf it. Its current enhancement bonus is really too high (base +2, Icy +1, Fire Resistance +2, Fireshield effect +1) for V3 standards (before the Underdark two-handed weapons should be +4 or +5). I planned to remove the shield effect (mainly because of the repeating EFF issue which doesn't allow me to handle its animation as I would), but if you think it's important to keep it we may remove the Fire Resistance.
It can be moved to Trademeet's shop, not so fast and easy access. And don't forget that it'll cost some, as opposed to be looted for free.

Although I'd ceratinly prefer to fight for it ???

Revised Creatures

I think it'll be fairly easy to convince David to include it, especially if give him ready code.

Revised Creatures

I think it'll be fairly easy to convince David to include it, especially if give him ready code.
I wouldn't be so sure, because in theory he made himself a rule of not changing vanilla's creatures, stats, and so on. Though he kinda does that for some creatures with more recent versions.

What about having two options in the re-allocating component of your mod. One where you simply move the item, the other where you slightly adjust the creatures who get those items (Anrag, Tazok, Ihtafeer, Gromnir, ...). I don't want to add work to you, I'm just giving you ideas (like you did by suggesting me tons of you summons for SR V4 ??? ).

I don't want to make pub but personally, I have made a litlle mod witch improve a lot the fight vs Tazok and Dig dag.^^ I have made Tazok a barbarian level 18 half ogre (wielding Roranach's Horn,eather +3 and flame of the north ) . Tazok drink a potion of absorption with grand him 60% at the end physical resistance and with 5 potions of healing, not easy to beat him
I'm pretty sure SCS's melee script handles the Enrage ability, but does it handle the Potion of Absorption itself? Anyway, this is what I'm talking about...a previously pathetic opponent becomes a juggernaut (tons of hp, high physical resistance, good offensive abilities, and immunity to mind-affecting spells) by simply using "normal" resources (no cheats, secret immunities, and so on).

(just borrowed your idea to make same for Gromnir^^ but the fact is I think that Vaillor helm already suit very well for him)
:) I've a similar suggestion then... Change Gromnir's kit from kensai (in heavy armor?) to Wizard Slayer (it does fit his background), give him a Potion of Magic Resistance and watch him (and his clone) tear apart your archmages. :hm: V3's Vhailor's Helm will even raise his magic resistance a little more.

>The fight take place in the the firgraak room. Much more space for a nice butchery made in DrAzTiK
What I was suggesting is more "minimalist", and I'd prefer this approach because blending with vanilla's setting as much as possible is quite important imo.
I'm pretty sure SCS's melee script handles the Enrage ability, but does it handle the Potion of Absorption itself?

Potion of absorption is not handle yes, I let Tazok drink this potion with a custom script.

What I was suggesting is more "minimalist", and I'd prefer this approach because blending with vanilla's setting as much as possible is quite important imo.

Yes, a component to boost some minor boss could be great and not so difficult to code Imo considering SCS script handle kit ability and most of potions^^

Just some suggestions about some cre if Ardanis or someone else build this component :

-Also rationalize Dig Dag (firorc01.cre) coz he figh with Tazok and got the +3 armor plate Delyver;

-Make tazok a barbarian or berseker. Same for Dig dag

- make cefgt01.cre a barbarian

And Great Idea for Gromnir ^^

:hm: I've a similar suggestion then... Change Gromnir's kit from kensai (in heavy armor?) to Wizard Slayer (it does fit his background), give him a Potion of Magic Resistance and watch him (and his clone) tear apart your archmages. ??? V3's Vhailor's Helm will even raise his magic resistance a little more.

I concur. Wizard-Slayer Gromnir would be much more interesting due to that magic resistance alone. His previous kensai+armor business could be considered a glitch anyhow...

Yes, a component to boost some minor boss could be great and not so difficult to code Imo considering SCS script handle kit ability and most of potions^^

Just some suggestions about some cre if Ardanis or someone else build this component :

-Also rationalize Dig Dag (firorc01.cre) coz he figh with Tazok and got the +3 armor plate Delyver;

-Make tazok a barbarian or berseker. Same for Dig dag

- make cefgt01.cre a barbarian

And Great Idea for Gromnir ^^

Just keep in mind that NOT all players wanna see all bosses considerably boosted, so it must be an optional component. I also suggest that "toughter bosses" and "corrected creatures" whould be separate components for the same reason.

I'd like to see creature revisions myself. Too many entities in the game have illogical stats, either all 9s or all 18s, or screwy class or thaco/hp levels. Consistency alone would be nice. If the developers have time this could be a mod in its own right, and would make a nice addition to the "Revisions" series.

Archived