Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

Protection from Magic

How can it be removable by Spellstrike but not by RRoR and Pierce Shield?
It turns PfM into spell and changes SS's power level to zero. Which reminded me about SR, as it sets Spell Thrust, Secret Word, Pierce Magic and Pierce Shield to zero as well. Btw, were these spells supposed to affect demiliches? I think they were.

Nonetheless, I assume PfM should grant direct protection against all of them but Spellstrike.

He's one of the best gladiators, so he should posess good magic weapon.
1) I doubt Lehtinan would have allowed his slave to keep a powerful weapon

2) I can see Hendak giving his weapon to party, as he now runs the inn and doesn't need to fight that often

3) Questpack has a quest (albeit bugged, iirc) for Lehtinan lovers, with 5k gold yield

I would replace the plate mail Lehtinan gives with +1 one or a full plate, at most. Giving any greater reward for doing basically nothing doesn't seem right to me. Were it opening another quest, like Hendak's anti slavers raid, then sure. Blame Bioware designers for not expanding the 'siding with Lehtinan' line.

Also, halfling who's giving you a quest for poisoning druids grove deserves something fine as a reward for completing his quest.
Considering his quest robs the party of ~15k gold and XP, while not providing 'much easier' route, I'm more than inclined to agree. But what exactly? Scroll of Incendiary Cloud...

Maybe something additional from Tolgieras which is unavailable for Valygar-lovers (isn't available when you're killing him in Sphere).
The Archmage robe for killing him, the Ring of Ram for turning Valygar over?

Don't mention special Bodhi quests.
Should they? Party signs a fair deal with Bodhi, and additionally gets to rob the ST guild, which I recall providing more treasure than siding with thieves.

And something for Saerk Fahrd (from Anomen's quest bad option).
I honestly know nothing about particulars, never had Anomen along.

I remenber fighting a tough warrior in shadow master stronghold (but with rogue rebalancing mod installed so maybe he's not present in vanilla).
He is a vanilla character. I wouldn't interfere with RR, however, and as I've already said the guild has lots of other treasure to loot.
1) I doubt Lehtinan would have allowed his slave to keep a powerful weapon

2) I can see Hendak giving his weapon to party, as he now runs the inn and doesn't need to fight that often

3) Questpack has a quest (albeit bugged, iirc) for Lehtinan lovers, with 5k gold yield

I would replace the plate mail Lehtinan gives with +1 one or a full plate, at most. Giving any greater reward for doing basically nothing doesn't seem right to me. Were it opening another quest, like Hendak's anti slavers raid, then sure. Blame Bioware designers for not expanding the 'siding with Lehtinan' line.

He's a slave but still, he's under his custody in cell so I don't think that there should be a problem with that. He's fighting against vary of creatures (yup, I know we can see wardogs and snow wolves but think about all of those Demiliches on arena! xD) so I think he deserves new axe or short sword. And no for "Hendak will give it to you", make evil path more unique.

You're right about proper lack of reward from Lethinan. You even violated his rules of tresspasing! But still, loot from Hendak would be just fine.

Considering his quest robs the party of ~15k gold and XP, while not providing 'much easier' route, I'm more than inclined to agree.

Exactly. Dunno if it's still present in IR, but in-game there was a cloak of druid-killer. Long time ago I've made mini-mod which provided a new axe 'Naturebane' which was instantly slaying animals and these special-druid summons (shoumbling mound?) and granted protection from insects, but IR's aim is to properly redistribute existing items. It should be something about druid hate OR some non-common magic jewelry. He's merchant/noble, they usually have stuff like this.

Should they? Party signs a fair deal with Bodhi, and additionally gets to rob the ST guild, which I recall providing more treasure than siding with thieves.

There's quest of killing one noble, it's optional and makes good NPCs sick. Maybe it deserves a bit of attention and better loot.

I honestly know nothing about particulars, never had Anomen along.

Messenger tells to Anomen that his sis is dead. You're coming to Delryn's house. Father is all-drunk nobody who tells you that he was ruined by Saerk Fahrd. Also Ano's sis was killed by him. You can went this case for guards (by telling Inspector about that - it's 'good way' which allows Anomen to become Knight) or you can go kill Saerk who's living in biggest building of Bridge District. There are many of low-level guards and final fight is quite difficult. There's something like 10 guards, Saerk who's high-level cleric and can cast 7th level spells and his son who's quite troublesome fighter. I think that they deserve something more unique, maybe Ring of Hollyness (it'll help Ano a lot).

Flame Tongue +3

Atm this longsword is in possession of Dalok the druid (trio from the Grove), who can't even equip it and has the Gnasher club as a weapon of choice.

I'm thinking about giving it to elf merchant, thus completing the portrait. The weapon itself is only +1 in terms of damage, and it's +3 enchantment isn't going to be useful anytime soon, since with Mantles providing +3 immunity some occasional wizards won't suffer from it.

Killing Hendak

Blade of Roses? He is leader among slaves and many a visitor cheer for him, so he certainly is in his right to possess a CHA item.

Copper Coronet generic reward

Well, if we assume 35k XP per char is a fine match for BoR, then why not to leave it just a plain +1 sword?

Bala's Axe

A bunch of thugs resides in one of Bridge District's buildings. L12 mage, L12 barb and two L16 fighters, with no stuff but AC 7 bracers.

Flame Tongue +3

Atm this longsword is in possession of Dalok the druid (trio from the Grove), who can't even equip it and has the Gnasher club as a weapon of choice.

I'm thinking about giving it to elf merchant, thus completing the portrait. The weapon itself is only +1 in terms of damage, and it's +3 enchantment isn't going to be useful anytime soon, since with Mantles providing +3 immunity some occasional wizards won't suffer from it.

Good idea!

Killing Hendak

Blade of Roses? He is leader among slaves and many a visitor cheer for him, so he certainly is in his right to possess a CHA item.

Seems fine to me. A just hve to agree with the CHA stuff :)

Copper Coronet generic reward

Well, if we assume 35k XP per char is a fine match for BoR, then why not to leave it just a plain +1 sword?

Good! It's needed when playing with the masterwork part from SCS2 +1 weapons is somewhat scarce to kill say werewolfes.

Bala's Axe

A bunch of thugs resides in one of Bridge District's buildings. L12 mage, L12 barb and two L16 fighters, with no stuff but AC 7 bracers.

That seems fine to Bala's axe, as it give a better reason to beat the up, now we just need a RP reason :D

Fine work Ardanis!

Protection from Magic

How can it be removable by Spellstrike but not by RRoR and Pierce Shield?
It turns PfM into spell and changes SS's power level to zero. Which reminded me about SR, as it sets Spell Thrust, Secret Word, Pierce Magic and Pierce Shield to zero as well. Btw, were these spells supposed to affect demiliches? I think they were.

Nonetheless, I assume PfM should grant direct protection against all of them but Spellstrike.

Ok will do, it will be automatically included within IR/SR.

Flame of the North

I don't know if it's SCS improving him, but Tazok in my install is a 18HD fighter with 181 hit points (considering CON 19), and great stats (STR 20 and DEX 18). If we give him a powerful sword and grant him grandmastery he should be a tough challenge for a mid lvl party. No?

That's only because Glaicus already gives you one head of FoA, and I think you shouldn't get a better reward by slaying him instead of freeing him from the Charm spell.

Lehtinan's reward

I agree with you.

Druid's Grove evil path

Also, halfling who's giving you a quest for poisoning druids grove deserves something fine as a reward for completing his quest.
Considering his quest robs the party of ~15k gold and XP, while not providing 'much easier' route, I'm more than inclined to agree. But what exactly? Scroll of Incendiary Cloud...
I'll try to think about something "appropriate".

Tolgerias' rewards

Maybe something additional from Tolgieras which is unavailable for Valygar-lovers (isn't available when you're killing him in Sphere).
The Archmage robe for killing him, the Ring of Ram for turning Valygar over?
I'm planning to make Ring of Ram a little more appealing, but it will never be able to match a Robe of Archmage.

And is there anyone who really chose to turn Valygar in? Because that means losing the entire Planar Sphere quest if I'm not wrong.

Flame Tongue +3

Moving it would be good, either to a store or wielded by a decent opponent.

Isn't there a second meleer together with the one using the Gnasher? Is he already wielding something in particular?

Killing Hendak

I agree with yarpen instead, a Sunite singing swords isn't appropriate at all here imo. If we look at its lore (read it) the more suited equipment would surely be Karajah's armor (I gave it wrong abilities as some players correctly suggested long time ago), and considering he has DEX 16 I'd give the armor DEX bonus. :D (I'll subsequently change Mielikki's Gift, but it shouldn't be uber-difficult because its lore doesn't hint to something in particular as long as it's slightly related to Mielikki).

Bala's Axe

I think you can also get an Ankegh's shell here (very nice armor early on). Anyway, if you don't have a better fighter go for it...or what about Mencar? :)

Flame of the North

I don't know if it's SCS improving him, but Tazok in my install is a 18HD fighter with 181 hit points (considering CON 19), and great stats (STR 20 and DEX 18). If we give him a powerful sword and grant him grandmastery he should be a tough challenge for a mid lvl party. No?
These are vanilla stats. And still, even with SCS he didn't feel like a challenge. Otoh, I usually do De'Arnise the first and leave Windspear for much later, could be that too.

Duh. Well, let it be so for now - give FoN to both Tazok and Glaicas and comment the latter out.

Regarding grandmastery, should an item mod actually boost enemies beyond giving them better weapons? I have nothing against it, in fact I've already thought to give House Jaelat's weaponmaster proficiency points in scimitars so he can pick up the Water Edge lying prone in their house and use it with better result.

Better be a separate component, including all the items moved that have nothing to with stores, with two options - simply re-allocate them or give enemies receiving them additional appropriate weapon mastery.

Druid's Grove evil path

Necklace of Missiles in it's current state (let's fireball those pesky tree huggers!). I doubt anyone ever bothers to buy it in BG2. But you've said something about changing it, right?

Tolgerias' rewards

And is there anyone who really chose to turn Valygar in? Because that means losing the entire Planar Sphere quest if I'm not wrong.
None :) Even Korgan suggests something among 'screw those wizards, we go inside (with Valygar alive or dead) and take what we want for ourselves' lines.

Flame Tongue +3

Isn't there a second meleer together with the one using the Gnasher? Is he already wielding something in particular?
After checking again, there indeed is a L16 fighter with mundane scimitar. You probably already know what I'm going to suggest - give him the Scimitar of Flame ;D Ok, kidding.

There are trolls nearby, however, thus causing flaming weapons to fall into 'unrealistically helpful' © SCS2 category.

Killing Hendak

Ribald already had three unique leather armors, with one going to Bridge District and another to Hendak he certainly won't look a tanner's ally any longer :D

Bala's Axe

DLTCEP can't find a Ankheg Plate on someone or in a container. Valeria's party, iirc, was a part of some cut quest, leaving them alone there with no loot. Mencar's party otoh has a Ring of Invisibility, Cloak of Non-Detection, full plate, wand of Lighting, some loot worth a bit of gold. Hm, you know, I'd say Mencar too, if only because it won't be an ugly attempt to add more sense to Valeria's presence. (Does anyone know if there's a mod that deals with her?)

Flame of the North

These are vanilla stats. And still, even with SCS he didn't feel like a challenge. Otoh, I usually do De'Arnise the first and leave Windspear for much later, could be that too.

Duh. Well, let it be so for now - give FoN to both Tazok and Glaicas and comment the latter out.

I'm not saying he will smash the party (highly unlikely) but at least he may look less pathetic. In theory a 18HD fighter with similar stats should be a real challange for mid-lvl parties if SCS grants him a good selection of healing and boosting potions.

Regarding grandmastery, should an item mod actually boost enemies beyond giving them better weapons? I have nothing against it, in fact I've already thought to give House Jaelat's weaponmaster proficiency points in scimitars so he can pick up the Water Edge lying prone in their house and use it with better result.
Theoretically you're right, we should only grant them the equipment, but who could complain about granting Tazok something he should have? How can a fighter reach 18th lvl without mastering the only weapon he wields?!? :)

Better be a separate component, including all the items moved that have nothing to with stores, with two options - simply re-allocate them or give enemies receiving them additional appropriate weapon mastery.
No, I'd prefer to either do it without telling anybody :) or not do it at all.

Druid's Grove evil path

Necklace of Missiles in it's current state (let's fireball those pesky tree huggers!). I doubt anyone ever bothers to buy it in BG2. But you've said something about changing it, right?
As of now I've only found it a lore that could match its abilities, because the old one was an absolute non-sense (read it at tell me what the hell it meant).

"When Szass Tam was a living mage, he faced a competitor who was famous for his skill at evocation. Not wanting to be outdone by someone from another school of magic, Szass Tam came prepared to the duel. He threw twelve fireballs in a row, much to the consternation of his opponent, who came ready to face the powers of a necromancer. When the Necklace of Fireballs was used up, Tam began to actually cast his own spells, while his opponent had already used most of his up."

Flame Tongue +3

After checking again, there indeed is a L16 fighter with mundane scimitar. You probably already know what I'm going to suggest - give him the Scimitar of Flame ;D Ok, kidding.
Well, my solution would blend perfectly because we wouldn't even have to move it to another area and seems easier for now...but being them druids you're right.

P.S Why on earth so many characters keep unique items in their inventory?! And in this case they couldn't even use it if they wish! :D

There are trolls nearby, however, thus causing flaming weapons to fall into 'unrealistically helpful' © SCS2 category.
Well, you can get it only at the end of such quest, and I suppose those "druids" would equip themselves to fight the nearby threats...

Killing Hendak

Ribald already had three unique leather armors, with one going to Bridge District and another to Hendak he certainly won't look a tanner's ally any longer ;)
I take it you like my solution. I'll tweak the armor then. ;)

Bala's Axe

DLTCEP can't find a Ankheg Plate on someone or in a container. Valeria's party, iirc, was a part of some cut quest, leaving them alone there with no loot. Mencar's party otoh has a Ring of Invisibility, Cloak of Non-Detection, full plate, wand of Lighting, some loot worth a bit of gold. Hm, you know, I'd say Mencar too, if only because it won't be an ugly attempt to add more sense to Valeria's presence. (Does anyone know if there's a mod that deals with her?)
Yep, personally I don't like to give an additional incentive to enter a random house and fight a bunch of random characters only to get a cool loot. The worst case of this is the Twisted Rune, what a shame...
I'd prefer to either do it without telling anybody or not do it at all.
Well, I trust you know then what you do :)

Flame Tongue

Well, you can get it only at the end of such quest, and I suppose those "druids" would equip themselves to fight the nearby threats...
They may show up immediately if you take it rough with Pauden. Besides, don't druids have Flame Blame, Fire Seeds, Fire Elemental spells to fight those green meatbags? If you ask me, I'd keep the Grove (and SCS already takes care of De'Arnise keep) a place where Flame Blade is justified to be memorised.

Ardanis, are you still moving the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength to the cleric of Tempus?

Just in case, I had to add a lore to it, and I've actually replaced it with a new belt (if you haven't noticed it here). I hope it can still suit your re-allocation, and I've tried to keep it into account within the lore itself. :)

Girdle of Beatification

"Priests of the Red Knight in the Citadel of Strategic Militancy, just north of Baldur's Gate, consecrated this belt and gave it to the warrior Thom Wainwright, who had performed a number of great services for the Order of the Red Falcons. Thom wore the girdle proudly until he fell into severe debt in his later years. To his undying regret, he auctioned it off to a well-known priest of Tempus."

Equipped Abilities:

Blessed: wearer is under the effects of a Bless spell, which raises morale by 1, and grants +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls

P.S if it seems too weak what about adding immunity to Doom and the negative effects of opponent's Chant?

Yeah, have noticed the change :)

It's moved to him in Beta V3 package, yes. I seemingly have failed to find any more bugs in it, besides Lathander's temple and DEX gauntlets, so unless there's more stuff to code in, I think that makes it.

PS Well, actually... If you/Mike haven't already done lots of hackery with libs, there're couple of things to take care of, that I had to skip due to a deadline of my own (I hadn't hope to get back in just two days as I did).

In particular

1) the Extortion Encounter merchant

2) probably 100% restocking of remaining spellstores (not that I really would want to touch them, though)

3) something new for Sahuagin Priestess and Rierra the elf girl preistess in Ch.7 as I theoretically might figure out what to do with them, since some time has passed already and idea material could have regenerated by now

4) divine scrolls for temples

5) possibly scroll loot for wizard enemies, although I don't know whether it's indeed our business and not David's

Girdle of Beatification

P.S if it seems too weak what about adding immunity to Doom and the negative effects of opponent's Chant?

Well, the name would indicate charisma bonus :) :) ... but immunity to Dooms and Chants negatives sounds way better, might actually be using this then in off shopping sprees, a lot actually. :D

At least the immunity to Doom would be nice.

I'd move Bands of Focus (best bracers of armor in-game) from Draconis (a dragon with base AC -10) to Sendai's guard Thelynn'ss (a kensai with base AC 6). Not only they are incredibly appropriate for him (due to IR's lore), but they would also grant him +3 AC and +10% physical resistance.

If SCSII could make this character use his amulet's power (Improved Haste), Thelynn'ss could really be a serious threat considering he's a level 20 kensai with innate 90% magic resistance! :)

Archived