Items re-allocation

Demivrgvs

There is a big free loot (battle Axe +2) in AR0800.

With another free loot in AR 0811 (cure staff), it's maybe a bit too much.

AR18DWAF ( a duergar level 8 in north forest AR1800 ) has got no melee weapon.

maybe give the axe to him? (or another weapon)

If you are looking for a tough party in AR400:

IF

Delay(10)

Range([PC],20)

ReputationLT([PC],4)

!StateCheck([PC],STATE_INVISIBLE)

!StateCheck([PC],STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY)

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("RepTrap","GLOBAL")

!GlobalTimerNotExpired("CDMostNobleOrder","GLOBAL")

Global("MostNobleOrder","GLOBAL",0)

LevelGT(Player1,13)

THEN

RESPONSE #75

SetGlobal("MostNobleOrder","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobalTimer("RepTrap","GLOBAL",FOUR_HOURS)

Wait(3)

DisplayString(Myself,8205) // 'Les gardes approchent. Vos méfaits ont attiré l'attention des autorités.'

CreateCreatureObject("JOLUS",Myself,0,0,0)

CreateCreatureObject("WILLIAM",Myself,0,0,0)

CreateCreatureObject("ALEX",Myself,0,0,0)

CreateCreatureObject("RYAN",Myself,0,0,0)

CreateCreatureObject("ALHEL",Myself,0,0,0)

CreateCreatureObject("KENDAK",Myself,0,0,0)

Wait(40)

RESPONSE #25

DisplayString(Myself,8205) // 'Les gardes approchent. Vos méfaits ont attiré l'attention des autorités.'

Wait(2)

END

==> it's AMNTRP1.bcs. Occurs only for evil party (rep <3). Theses fighters are really strong.

Maybe it could be cool to add an item to one of these paladins .? (and then reward a bit players who play evil)

They're only strong against low-level party. They also appear if PC rejects Garren Windspear's offer of help and returns to Athkatla, then they'll show up regardless of rep.

This however is a reputation trap, not a quest or something. I would prefer to leave them be.

For evils, the Prelate in the Order's building is a better candidate, and he CAN be provoked into fight indeed via dialogue (evil party in Ch 6 when asking for help against vamps).

With another free loot in AR 0811 (cure staff), it's maybe a bit too much.
The Staff is already moved to Ilmater temple.

Plate of the Order +2

Only available as a reward for paladin stronghold. Give one to Prelate? Since I highly doubt a paladin PC would attempt to massacre the Order. For evil parties, extra money loot and a bit of enemy toughening up.

Helm of Charm Protection

Initailly, there were three of them - one in Harper Hold, in docks, two others sold in temples. Atm I removed one 'templar' copy. Should the number be reduced to one item only?

Ring of Animal Friendship

There was a bunch of them, atm there're only two left. Since the ring has been changed into druidic version of Ring of Holiness, should the second copy be removed?

Ring of Holiness

Available to clerics only. Add another one, like the Periart of Life Protection?

Plate of the Order +2

Only available as a reward for paladin stronghold. Give one to Prelate? Since I highly doubt a paladin PC would attempt to massacre the Order. For evil parties, extra money loot and a bit of enemy toughening up.

This is a good idea.

Helm of Charm Protection

Initailly, there were three of them - one in Harper Hold, in docks, two others sold in temples. Atm I removed one 'templar' copy. Should the number be reduced to one item only?

Leave only the one in Harpers Hold, remove the others.

There was a bunch of them, atm there're only two left. Since the ring has been changed into druidic version of Ring of Holiness, should the second copy be removed?

Don't even remember where to find RoAF, but I think only one ring should be in-game.

Ring of Holiness

Available to clerics only. Add another one, like the Periart of Life Protection?

Stick with one example in-game.

I like the "artefacts" in BG to be very rare.

Cheers

Plate of the Order +2

Fine.

Helm of Charm Protection

I don't know, these magical helmets are relatively common, thus having more than one copy is fine imo, but 3 were probably too much.

Two is fine imo, as there were two Ring of Wizardry too. Nyalee is obviously perfect for it (and it makes much more sense an archdruid like her wears it now that it has become a powerful ring instead of a useless trinket), while the copy sold by Ribald can indeed be moved to a better place.

Ring of Holiness

Well, if we have two RoWizardry and equivalent druidic version I don't see why we can't have two of RoHoliness, especially if one of the two copy is only for cleric protagonists.

Where's the second PoLP?

In theory my "dream" was to fix the whole reward system of cleric strongholds, granting a unique item to each of the three temples:

* Armor of Faith for Helm

* Periapt of Life Protection fro Lathander (and keep it unique, no 2nd copy)

* Talos' Fury for Talos (the old Halcyon +1, which in V3 is now a Shocking Returning Spear +2)

* Ring of Holiness can be granted to al three classes as a mid-quest reward

Am I wrong or the system is so broken that it currently grants multiple copies of Ardulia's Fall?

I don't mind the helms and rings of non-epic proportions/non-unique to have multiple iterations. Triplicates might be pushing it (really depending on how common a magic item it is), but generally for items without a "name" duplicates are totally fine with me.

Or in other words; what Demivrgvs said. :mad:

Suggestion about item placement for BGT/BG1TuTu

Do you think that Berserker's Sword is really appropriate for this guard from Nashkel? He seems to become rather evil than just being berserker. It's also a bit stupid that character who's wielding Berserker's Sword isn't so bad. What about granting to him instead Helm of Opposite Alignment (or even better something which turns character into Chaotic Evil).

Maybe. It's been almost five years since I've played BG1, so I really don't remember it in details. Considering that, I think it would be better to postpone the BG1 part revision until I re-familiarize myself with it. Should happen the next year.

Suggestion about item placement for BGT/BG1TuTu

Do you think that Berserker's Sword is really appropriate for this guard from Nashkel? He seems to become rather evil than just being berserker. It's also a bit stupid that character who's wielding Berserker's Sword isn't so bad. What about granting to him instead Helm of Opposite Alignment (or even better something which turns character into Chaotic Evil).

Yes, it's appropriate for him and he isn't just a guard, he was an officer, guard captain or something. It's also mentioned few times that he just started killing people, including his own family, just after getting a new sword. And he didn't become evil, he just started uncontrollably killing people near him and was afterwards really sorry and depressed because of it.

Archived