Neeshka's Romance Updates

Yes, that's how I run it, on SoZ install.

And, the take away message today: before you attempt to fix a bug, first make sure you know what the bug is. I saw a little glitch when running the test on the post-Trial dialogues, and saw incorrect reference to PC being a tiefling. Well, a weekend later I was about to fix it, and saw a correct code, started doubting the correct code, fixed the correct code, re-run the test and saw the real bug. (Sigh) Corrected the correct code back and fixed the the tiny bug where it actually was. Duh.

Onto browsing the files around the Lorne duel to see if I can fish out a few variables to trigger "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" talk.

Slow, still too slow. But not in a standstill!

Still plugging away. Coded after Lorne's duel talk, was adding quick reactions to when other person championed the PC, and got sucked into a barb exchange between Neeshka and Qara if the PC is fire genasi. I am just obsessed about that Qara-Fire Genasi Male PC special relationship, huh.

Then i will need to code the Twilight Crypt talk, after which, i have no choice, but to send my heroic Lan Farlong to run in circles from Lorne!

I really wish I had more time to work on it, and get it done sooner, but that's all I have... Anyway, found the placement and started intergrating the dialogue. This one will be actually kicked off the game's dialogue, and initiated by Neeshka. :)

I really wish I had more time to work on it, and get it done sooner, but that's all I have... Anyway, found the placement and started intergrating the dialogue. This one will be actually kicked off the game's dialogue, and initiated by Neeshka. :)

Awe I didn't mean to rush you! >.< I'm so grateful that you're doing this at all, that amount of devotion you and berelinde have shown this game is simply amazing.

No, no, I don't feel pressured or anything, I just wish I could move faster to be able to complete the module :) At this point of time, it will not be a novelty by any means, so the release date is irrelevant, but i would love to see it done.

Pretty much done with the Vampire talk, so now to the dreaded play-testing of this section of the game. If you don't hear from me for a while, rest assured, I am just running in circles from Lorne or trying to let enough time elapse for my character in god mode to slay all the vampires one hp at a time. I hate the absence of quick kill button in NWN2!

Have you considered modifying your attributes through the console for testing? Regardless of what class you play a STR/DEX/CON of 50 each can make things easier and speed it up.

(And on a side note, thank you for keeping to work on this. It's much appreciated.)

I don't like the idea of messing char's stats, because that might screw up dialogue options/choices. Normally, my party is just fine, but vampires are annoying iirc. Auto-kill button is definetly one I'd like to have. On a sad note, dragged through the entire Tyr cutscene, got to the field, and then the bus got to my stop, so I lost the whole endless sequence, because of course, the game won't let you save anywhere through the cutscene. Oh, well, here we go again on the way home. Argh.

All working, plus on the scheduling front, well, it's good news for modding. Due to a F-up with school buses system, I will now be working split schedule, which means that I will be going on the bus (meaning modding) all 5 days a week, and riding at a non-peak times, meaning, I will actually be able to get a seat and mod. So, I anticipate 5 to 6 hours of modding a week from now on.

Finished the Shadows talk, and looked through the talks inventory. On with the play-testing looking for the next dialogue placement. I am missing the Collector's mansion, since I assume it is Neeshka heavy as is to save time.

Archived