Neeshka's Romance Updates

Sorry for stupid question, Domi, but I am reading your updates and I haven't understood a thing.

You have to "tie" your dialogues to some already existing dialogues? So if there isn't an already existing dialogue, you can't put a new one in the game?

Yes, you have to tie one in, either to the NPC's main talk (gl_ file) or the one that already coded in. NWN2 uses area triggers painted on the area map to start dialogues. Adding such triggers means copying and overriding the entire area, which means huge download and Obsidian pulled the first mod that did that back when the NWN2 was out. Over-writing is a horrible way of doing bussiness, but at least with the dialogues it's not so broad of a change, as in replacing the whole goddamn area.

Anyway, it was a minor mistake I made, a left-over trigger that screwed things. Both dialogues are now working just fine. Yay, onward with play-testing, and have to see what dialogue comes next. But I think I am getting rather close to finishing Act 1 now.

Confirming that I've resumed work on the module. The good news is that I found placement for the 2 easier to find placement talks - one is player-initiated, and the other will be sprung from clicking on Neeshka, unless I see a golden opportunity in the Gith Layer. I am still concerned about the placement of Shandra's talk. I'd initiate it from after talking to Shandra after she joins, but it didn't work to start the talk for Casavir. Shandra, always gives me troubles, that one. So, coding the easiest talk atm, and then going to play Gith Layer to the endin hopes of a fortutonous openning for the Gith talk.

Hey :cringe:

I love what you're doing here :)

I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions, I didn't see the answers anywhere in my searches, I hope this is the right place.

If I'm playing a female character, am I still able to romance Neeshka ? and will I be able to install it on a game that I am already half way through, and not limit the outcome ?

If I'm playing a female character, am I still able to romance Neeshka ? and will I be able to install it on a game that I am already half way through, and not limit the outcome ?

Only male PC's can attempt to romance Neeshka.

Curses, that means I might have to roll up an ugly male character to play this through ;_;

There's a romance addon thingy on the Sexy OC Reloaded page that claims to enable a stock Elanee romance for female PCs, and as a consequence makes Neeshka interested in you as if you were a male PC. Will that work?

Otherwise, since I'm willing to screw around with the toolset, how easy is it to strip out gender checks? Assuming that's the easiest way for Neeshka to be interested in a female PC.

Thanks for this mod, Domi and berelinde. :cringe:

rimmington, thanks for that link and that's a very cool idea about removing the gender check would solve lots of problems. Removing the gender check, might prevent having to start a new game, not to mention making all the romance females available. I certainly hope you look into this.

As a guy, just can't bring myself to roll a guy PC, on any RPG. I don't want to spend 30+ hours running around looking at some guy's butt. As a female PC I don't really want to romance a male, anymore than I want to look at their butts. :)

It isn't going to be possible to remove the gender checks from Neeshka's romance. There is a mod that lets you do it for the OC, but it isn't compatible with the NWN2 OC Romance Pack since it modifies the same files.

While I appreciate that you want to romance Neeshka as a female character, I don't know if that's what Domi has in mind. If it is, Domi and I are going to have to talk, because it affects my plans for Sand.

Oh I see, thanks berelinde for the reply, though sad to hear the linked file won't work.

Wonder there is a way to fake the gender check with a Save Game Editor, without having to change the dlg files. I just installed the EasyTutu and was able to remove the gender check on the dialog file directly. I don't mean to cause you mod creators grief or offense by wanting/trying to change these things. I personally have no problem with the females referring to me as a male, if I am romancing them with a female PC. It's funny sometimes as Bioware's writers even have Iomian call your female PC "a queer fellow" hehe.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about save-game editors. Some BG2 players do fool would-be lovers by creating a characer of the opposite gender and then switching the animation to the one they want. It's possible that such a thing would work with NWN2, but I just don't know.

I've never had planned to open Neeshka's romance to be opened to a female protagonist, and that didn't change.

Oouf, finally done with the wilderness talk. I am going to take a few days off work soonish, so I am planning to have Act I finished by the end of next week. Here is hoping Act II will go faster!

Oh I see, thanks berelinde for the reply, though sad to hear the linked file won't work.

Wonder there is a way to fake the gender check with a Save Game Editor, without having to change the dlg files. I just installed the EasyTutu and was able to remove the gender check on the dialog file directly. I don't mean to cause you mod creators grief or offense by wanting/trying to change these things. I personally have no problem with the females referring to me as a male, if I am romancing them with a female PC. It's funny sometimes as Bioware's writers even have Iomian call your female PC "a queer fellow" hehe.

There is a gender flag in NWN2, it has m/f/both/neither. Changing it will cause wierd stuff to happen, the mod that lets you pick which peope you romance replaces the gender checks on romance dialog with a flag check. (which won't work on this one unless you edit all the dialog they add...)

Weird stuffs includes if you happened to be using say sexy clothing or something, THAT mod uses your gender check to make armor not equip on the wrong intended one, so you'd have no armor depending on if you used both or neither, or just odd armor with m.

Thanks berelinde, might try the gender switching idea.

Ok, Domi I understand not including Neeshka's romance to be opened to a female PCs whether it's personal ideas or just too much work.

Thanks for those tips about gender checks and flags Guest_Akaiku_*. I might try to look at the added dialog files, though my limited skills are an obstacle. :cringe:

Just out of curiosity have you considered adding a romance for Shandra? Seems lots of opportunity some great dialogs in a quest to Resurrect a lost love. I don't think using something like NWN2Editor to add her .ros file back into your game and use rs kr_roster_edit make her selectable again, would be too difficult.

Archived