Neeshka's Romance Updates

Damn, didn't code the talk. Feel really bad about stalling so much, I just don't know how it is possible to get 5 days off and barely manage 2 hours of a computer time. :)

Awww... *gives hugs* No rush ok? and no fretting either!

Three weeks later: finally coded the tails talk, and started on the 'after meeting Duncan' talk. They sure come hard and fast now, those talks. But it should thin out. Neeshka's tails talk ended up as PC initiated, unfortunately, as there was no really good place to stick the trigger in. :thumbsup:

If you haven't taken up that part yet but there's a dialogue choice where Neeshka tells you of her life in the temple.

You can add some choices where after she's done you say something like...

"Thank you for telling me, Neeshka."

"What the F?! That was such a bad story, goat girl."

*Snarky choice I can't think up"

And then if you didn't choose the mean choice she'll be like...

"K, HOW ABOUT YOUR LIFE?!?!"

I will not be expanding the existing talks, because the switch between a voiced cut-scene and unvoiced part of the conversation will be too jarring. There are a lot of talks I am adding where Neeshka takes interest in PC's life and his point of views on the past, present, future and random stuff. :thumbsup: I am right now concentrating on coding and testing those 40 talks I already have, rather than adding any more material.

You can add some choices where after she's done you say something like...

I think it's a little too late for brainstorming ideas :thumbsup:

I will not be expanding the existing talks, because the switch between a voiced cut-scene and unvoiced part of the conversation will be too jarring. There are a lot of talks I am adding where Neeshka takes interest in PC's life and his point of views on the past, present, future and random stuff. smile.gif I am right now concentrating on coding and testing those 40 talks I already have, rather than adding any more material.

Glad to see things are going well, at least I have Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age to hold me over until this mod is finished!

(Has anyone played either of those? Bioware definitely still has it)

Nope, didn't get to either (unfortunately). I am waiting on the entire ME to give it a swirl, and my rig has to be upgarded for DA, and since I have no time to commit to the new game at the moment, I am leaving the descision to upgrade the PC or to purchase a console for that magnificent day when I can say 'Yeah, I have at least 8 hours a week to play a game...."

EDIT: And to finish on a Neeshka-related note, I have a few Tuesdays in a row off after next week (15th is a stat holiday, meaning I am on baby duty), so I should hopefully be able to make progress again!

Finished coding a few versions of the talk after meeting Duncan. Also coded 2 PC-initiated quick talks "ask advice about joining the Watch" and "Oops, I joined the Watch." Need to test still. I think it's the reaction to Qara's joining in next, but I need to play to see if anything else comes up.

If anyone has a tiefling male and a non-tiefling, non-aasimar character close to meeting Duncan, I would appreciate a quick test run, to see that the appropriate dialogue triggers.

This post is spoilerific. Don't read it..

I think I may have run into an issue..

I'm playing my Aasimar paladin, and I'm not sure if I've run into a bug or just somehow killed the romance without me knowing it. Ever since I joined the Watch in Neverwinter, I haven't had any special dialogue with Neeshka since she got huffy with me for joining them. After most plot missions, I do the "Hey Neeshka!" option to see if she had anything to say, so far, nada.

Is there someway to check if I messed things up, or do things get rolling later on in the story? Just for reference, I've done her personal quest, stealing leldon's coin and robbing the collectors place, and in the main storyline I'm now just finishing my vigil for knighthood, and went off to the Port village to look for clues.

That's because I didn't code yet anything after that! Don't worry :suspect: You did get the talk from Hey Neeshka where she is annoyed with your descision? I was planning to fortify that option anyway by putting a global on talking to Caleb or fishing one out of his file. Haven't found one at the time of sending you the files. I will also probably add a small dialogue where she is happy about your choice of the Thieves if I get the global set and if she doesn't have any ITJ in the game proper already about it when talking to Caleb.

That's because I didn't code yet anything after that! Don't worry :) You did get the talk from Hey Neeshka where she is annoyed with your descision? I was planning to fortify that option anyway by putting a global on talking to Caleb or fishing one out of his file. Haven't found one at the time of sending you the files. I will also probably add a small dialogue where she is happy about your choice of the Thieves if I get the global set and if she doesn't have any ITJ in the game proper already about it when talking to Caleb.

Aha!

And it all makes sense now :p

I apologize, from what you sent me in your message made it sound like the mod was overall complete but still buggy, sorry that I misunderstood!

I suppose I'll play the Bishop romance to bide my time..

Guest Guest_DarkStar

Hey Domi, Random person <insert number of people who've commented here>.

I played a little way into Neverwinter Nights 2 for the first time a couple of months ago and looked up what kind of mods there are for it to. All I can say is, I can't wait to play Neeshka's Romance mod :)

Good luck with the modding and many thanks for dedicating so much time to modding this wonderful game :p

Thank you :p Unfortunately, I stalled again this week. But you don't need excuses, you need good news. I will try to deliver some asap.

Well the good news is that you haven't given up on it! ^.^ Time is finite, everyone is aware of this. I always disliked how Neeshka was excluded from the romance options, and I'm glad you're setting a slice of your time aside to remedy this. :D And I'm sure for everyone who extended their thanks here, there'll be dozens if not hundreds more who'll enjoy the results when it's done.

So - thanks, and keep up the good work! :)

Guest Cyarra

Hello! Me again! Once again reporting in to tell you that finnish it when you can and don't stress! We love you, and we'll love the mod, all the same irrispective of when you finnish it. :3

Archived