[Repaired] Typos & stuff v18

Daulmakan

x#skie.tra:

@45 = ~Yes, you have told me about it... let us see... twenty-six and a half time. If you continue on now, that will make full twenty-seven.~

Should be 'times'. And I think 'a full' would sound better.

* The description BAM for the turnips (x#cturn) needs centering.

x#imoen.tra

@445 = ~How can ya act so cruelly, Monatron? Aren't halflings s'pose ta be fun-loving thieves and adventurers or more homely types?~

Montaron, or intended joke by Imoen? :)

@583 = ~Hmm. I suggest you return this book to Sage Bunter, before he starts tearing though the whole city.~

through?

I wrote a poem about your neck. And then I burned it.

I wrote a poem about your neck. And then I burned it.

I founded a library and every book was about your neck.

Isn't the second line redundant?

I don't know, but either way it seems Coran has been imbibing a bit too much cheap elvish wine.

It's almost as if it's missing a line or two:

I wrote a poem about your neck, and then I burned it.

I founded a library and every book was about your neck.

For centuries, the library endured, though your neck did not.

Then did the library fall; never was there a greater loss.

(shrug)

Actually, Coran's flirt goes like this, perfectly fine and no repetitions:

@100 = ~I wrote a poem about your neck. Then I burned it.~

@101 = ~I wrote a tome about your neck. Then I burned it.~

@102 = ~I founded a library and every book was about your neck.~

@103 = ~I've burned it, too.~

@104 = ~Why wrestle with imperfect words, when one can gaze upon perfection?~

Two more typos. I haven't checked if they were already reported.

in x#imint.tra, @220 : "when it they come again"

Remove "it"

in x#ict3.tra (@453) and x#viint.tra (@1) : ~Another fool freed. Oh, <CHARNAME>, what are hero you truly are.~

"What a hero"

yep - that last one is a conscious choice. It changes the story to have Coran involved - see the Eldoth/Coran/Skie stuff within project.

(If it becomes a hassle, we could make sure that in the case where Coran is in the party the guard you meet who sends you upstairs can resolve the quest; I will recheck the workrooms, but i am pretty sure the answer was "leave it unresolved. Coran distracts the quest-resolver and things head in a different direction, so no resolution".)

Kivan's talk with Thalantyr, during which he gets his spear of entanglement, will never happen, if you already talked to the latter, as the condition for this talk is either NumTimesTalkedTo(0) or Global("ThalantyrRumours","GLOBAL",0).

10th

A member of our translation team wrote a tool to allow identifying several kinds of problems in our tra files (missing @ line compared to original, syntax errors in ~~ and other stuff). He also added a check on the tokens, based on the list on IESDP.

The tool highlighted several problems with the english files as well :

@303 unknown keyword <CLASS> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\p#corlt.tra
@309 unknown keyword <CLASS> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\p#corlt.tra
@311 unknown keyword <CLASS> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\p#corlt.tra
@35 unknown keyword <CHARNAMES> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\x#alint.tra
@100 unknown keyword <PRO_MANWOAMN> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\x#cosqu.tra
@113 unknown keyword <PRO_BOYGIRL> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\x#cosqu.tra
@231 unknown keyword <CHARNAME!> in D:\BG\BG1NPC-v18\bg1npc\tra\english\x#viconia.tra

There are a few obvious typos and an inversion of BOY and GIRL.

I'm not sure about the <CLASS> token though. It does appear in the dialog.tlk file but it seems tied to various GUI items like the character screen and maybe the multiplayer screen. Since it is not listed in IESDP or in the tutorial from PPG, I'm wondering if it's missing because it cannot be used in dialogs, although the token is accepted in selected places.

Archived