Portraits and Various and Sundry Materials

cmorgan

Not sure about younger, unless you imagined him to be a greybeard of an adventurer. The portrait has an ageless quality about it, so it works whether you imagine Aran to be a slightly jaded veteran of thirty or a somewhat weathered and worldly young man of two and twenty.

That might actually be a good idea, never fixing Aran's age precisely, since it doesn't really matter to his story. He's old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

Not a full head of gray, but a few streaks. And perhaps a wrinkle or two. Adventuring is hardly a stress-free lifestyle. ??? I wasn't complaining, though, in case it came across that way. It was just not what I had pictured in my head for him from the dialogs I'd read, but perception usual differs from person to person with such things anyway. :p

Unfortunately, I didn't know much at all about the character when I made the portrait, I'm embarrassed to say. I just went with the request description on SHS and drew what I pictured, while trying to make it fit with the BG2 style. Somehow I didn't think to come here and read some of the dialogues beforehand ???

Edit: I don't mind retouching my work though, if needed.

And thanks for saying such nice things about it, guys.

The tough thing about doing any "pinning down" of Aran into a portrait is that the goal of the mod is to try to get a character that is very adaptable (tinker, tailor, soldier, spy). Heath, Sean, Harrison, <<insert-your-mind-picture-here>> - heck, if you take the original intent of the mod, the only thing that he has to be is human!

I like this interpretation; I also am hoping for other differently-styled portraits to ship as well. That means more possible interpretations to fit different players. I can see him as a 50 year old Sean Connery-type, if the player is roleplaying a 40 year old veteran/cleric/whatever. All sorts of possible interpretations!

Great portrait! I like the intense eyes and I'm a sucker for defined cheekbones. Yum.

A bit more age on him would probably fit how I pictured Aran as well.

The tough thing about doing any "pinning down" of Aran into a portrait is that the goal of the mod is to try to get a character that is very adaptable (tinker, tailor, soldier, spy). Heath, Sean, Harrison, <<insert-your-mind-picture-here>> - heck, if you take the original intent of the mod, the only thing that he has to be is human!

I like this interpretation; I also am hoping for other differently-styled portraits to ship as well. That means more possible interpretations to fit different players. I can see him as a 50 year old Sean Connery-type, if the player is roleplaying a 40 year old veteran/cleric/whatever. All sorts of possible interpretations!

Or a Sean Bean. ??? Mmmm.

Archived