IA v6 Final

And post-Spellhold it's the same thing(I mean, Ribald offers the same low prices as everyone else). I usually apply the tactic of accumulating vast quantities of similar items (i.e. Extra Healing Potions, invisibility potions, plate mails, identical spell scrolls) before selling them to the merchants just to be on the safe side and get the maximum selling price for each item.

And post-Spellhold it's the same thing(I mean, Ribald offers the same low prices as everyone else). I usually apply the tactic of accumulating vast quantities of similar items (i.e. Extra Healing Potions, invisibility potions, plate mails, identical spell scrolls) before selling them to the merchants just to be on the safe side and get the maximum selling price for each item.

Ok good to know.

Joluv, Deidre and Galoomp (the Bookkeeper up on the east end of the Promenade) are all good places to sell common items since they don't have any of their own aside from their particular stock. Galoomp sells scrolls but he will buy just about anything, unlike some other scroll merchants.

A couple of the merchants in Imnesvale specialize in certain types of items (weapons or armor) allowing you to sell the opposite to them for better prices. At least for the first "batch" of 16 items sold, anyhow. Once you sell that batch, their offer price drops because they already have that item in stock now. This applies to other merchants as well.

By the way...has anyone here noticed that the Iron Curtain (otherwise known as "BlackWyrmLair") has been down for quite some time now, perhaps a week or more?

I'll be those poor fools that were swindled out of their money... donated for the privelege of being able to access all that special content are feeling rather....ripped off right about now, considering every other FREE site for BG2 seems to have less, ah...."Technical" problems than Mr. Greedy's site has.

Yeah I noticed the bwl had some difficulties, can't connect to their homepage for quite some time now.

As for merchants - there is a way of selling a batch of more than 16 items at once - via the Bag of Holding. That's why I usually store things like Plate Mails in a container until they reach 30+, and then sell them at once to a single merchant via the bag.

I managed to make Baronius embarrass himself a bit over at Sorceres.net :)

(Just a quick FYI: BWL is dead at the moment, I contacted the hosting company's support; before it died completely, I could log in and it looked like a harddisk problem, so who knows what will happen... I have backups but no free time to upload them to another server etc. This is/was still the "old" server because we decided to wait until contract completely ends, so all donations we've received so far can be used for the newer package subscription, at another hosting company.)

About that hosted mod on megaupload: it was checked by more BWL members, last time it contained a trojan in WeiDU.exe (every scanner found it so I'm not sure if the uploader intentionally added it or rather his/her computer was infected with viruses -- probably the latter), the latest version looks valid, but it's outdated. Outdated because it was leaked by a member before the latest closed beta patches and fixes (and he was banned after it). It still contains much v6 content though, that's true.

- by Bonarius :D

I like this one

I would understand if maybe a zillion people were actually playing it, but IA? Tried it, didn't really like it. That mod made the game ridiculous. For me, mods like IA take the fun out of it. OR better yet, as a long time D&D fan, it takes the nostalgia out of it.....

This is a typical text of those who just don't want to admit they're WEAK to play the mod. Poor tactical skills or no patience. Improved Anvil is for the best only, and those who want to be the best BG2 tacticians after drawing their learning curve and investing lot of time to learn and develop new tactics. The result is not only Improved Anvil-specific: some people already confirmed that after Improved Anvil, other tactical mods are easy as pie

And thanks for a link, more WoTs to be found :)

PS Have read it. Nice :D

If you don't even know highschool maths or a particular field you will talk about, you don't go to talk SELF-CONFIDENTLY with a professor of mathematics!

Ah, but therein lies the problem, Baro. :)

You see, just because a professor paid for a $50 online PhD to earn his 'degree' doesn't mean he is an actual professor or even imply he knows any highschool maths himself.

Likewise, just because some dude walks around with the title 'Distinguished Developer' doesn't mean he is either distinguished or even a developer. It simply means that title was carefully constructed with selective, hand-picked criteria to zero in on one and only one target. pathetic.gif

A couple of examples where our distinguished professor had no clue what he was talking about:

Once upon a time, one of the students of this professor had reported that the prof's hyper intelligent, polygon-using creature AI was not attacking targets who were unconscious. The professor was shocked at first because he was always supremely confident in his AI. But more importantly, the professor didn't know how to fix this problem. Instead of admitting as such, our beloved prof concluded the problem simply cannot be fixed! In other words, he claimed the problem was 'hardcoded' despite having no skill in Assembly or any intimate knowledge of how things work. Fortunately for him, a more experienced professor in DavidW quickly came to the rescue and showed the Distinguished One how the problem could be solved with just a couple of lines in softcode.

Some time later, our beloved professor had made another bold statement - that a certain bug in Spell Shield simply cannot be fixed! Once again, instead of admitting that he doesn't know how to fix the bug, the Distinguished One is audacious enough to claim it cannot be fixed - as if it is an empirical statement written in stone. Within hours, a player who went by the name Ardanis, a lowly mortal, clearly no where near as experienced as the Distinguished One, had shown him the bug could be easily fixed using custom sectypes. The professor was outraged! He couldn't accept that he was proven wrong by an inferior, inexperienced being! Instead, our professor resorted to his usual tactic - that Ardanis used a cheap, cheesy method of fixing a problem and therefore it isn't valid! jester2.gif

I could go on and on... but these two examples alone should make one wonder why this professor should be referred to as "distinguished" when he simply has no clue in his own area of expertise? Is he perhaps too WEAK to admit he lacks the necessary modding skill and just deflects his shortcomings on his players? dunnof.gif

How does an average Central European player approach a BG2 mod (e.g. Improved Anvil)? *What's good in it*. He tries to play in a way that is supported and still enjoyable for him, i.e. to find WHAT IS GOOD, even if it needs to adjust his playing style or methods. On the other hand, how does an average Western player approach a BG2 mod? *Nice, nice, but this and this part doesn't meet my expectations*. Unlike the Central European player, he would not adjust his playstyle/methods much, instead he expects the mod to be adjusted. For products in commerical market, this is completely correct

84860677.gif

While I agree that Central European (and by that I assume you mean Hungarian) mentality is far superior to the Westerner mentality, I disagree with that last sentence. Improved Anvil is a product in a commercial market. The game itself costs only $9.99. Improved Anvil costs $30. Lets just ignore, for a moment, your arrogance in thinking Improved Anvil is worth three times more than the game. jester2.gif Please tell me, how is this not commercial? scratchheadl.gif

"This is a typical text of those who just don't want to admit they're WEAK to play the mod. Poor tactical skills or no patience. "

Improved Anvil is watching you....scum.

I managed to make Baronius embarrass himself a bit over at Sorceres.net :)

(Just a quick FYI: BWL is dead at the moment, I contacted the hosting company's support; before it died completely, I could log in and it looked like a harddisk problem, so who knows what will happen... I have backups but no free time to upload them to another server etc. This is/was still the "old" server because we decided to wait until contract completely ends, so all donations we've received so far can be used for the newer package subscription, at another hosting company.)

About that hosted mod on megaupload: it was checked by more BWL members, last time it contained a trojan in WeiDU.exe (every scanner found it so I'm not sure if the uploader intentionally added it or rather his/her computer was infected with viruses -- probably the latter), the latest version looks valid, but it's outdated. Outdated because it was leaked by a member before the latest closed beta patches and fixes (and he was banned after it). It still contains much v6 content though, that's true.

- by Bonarius :D

Trojan? Sikret's new monster type? Let me guess - 90% physical damage res., 100% magic and magical damage res., immune to hold, slow, stun, vorpal, spells level 1-9, timestop, breach, weapons +3 or lower, has tactical rep 100, beat IA 17 times (9 with 7 person party and 13 with 8 person party = 17, right guys?), see invisible, see you masturbate...

By the way...has anyone here noticed that the Iron Curtain (otherwise known as "BlackWyrmLair") has been down for quite some time now, perhaps a week or more?

Notice every time the server goes down, the response is always the same old "the server is still running under the 'old' host because the contract hasn't ended..." Baro would never give us the exact date when this mysterious contract would end, just that it hasn't ended yet. jester2.gif

If he did, obviously he would be cornered and trapped into a position where he cannot explain why the server crashed the times after that certain date. Ten months ago, when BWL went pay-to-play, the contract was about to expire. Now, it seems the contract is still ongoing. I bet five years down the road the contract would still not have expired... Apparently, this elusive, mythical contract is seemingly eternal! hahar.gif

Word on the street is that Baronius is currently "shopping" for a new much, much cheaper host with a tight budget on hand -- and I do emphasize the word 'tight' because most of the revenue was likely spent taking a cruise into the Bahamas. Baro himself recently admitted (rather unwittingly) that he was "abroad"... 85079151.gif Somebody spilled the beans on Wikileaks that the Black Wyrm currently resides in Baronius' private office.

How does an average Central European player approach a BG2 mod (e.g. Improved Anvil)? *What's good in it*. He tries to play in a way that is supported and still enjoyable for him, i.e. to find WHAT IS GOOD, even if it needs to adjust his playing style or methods. On the other hand, how does an average Western player approach a BG2 mod? *Nice, nice, but this and this part doesn't meet my expectations*. Unlike the Central European player, he would not adjust his playstyle/methods much, instead he expects the mod to be adjusted. For products in commerical market, this is completely correct

In Central Europe, mod plays YOU!

In Central Europe, mod plays YOU!

LMAO. Funny thing is Nicoper (avid IA player who wrote the walkthru's) is from Western Europe :p

Somebody spilled the beans on Wikileaks that the Black Wyrm currently resides in Baronius' private office.

Thats where the magic happens. :):D:)

Archived