IA v6 Final

Well, give the paying IA players also some credit. Even if we cannot look into their forums they may have reported bugs as well since they play with differeing parties than those who didn't pay for IAv6.
Don't you mean the one party Sikret designed for them:

Necromancer, Riskbreaker, Auramaster on Jaheira, The Hobo(...Vagrant), a Protector probably on the 'love of their life', Valygar +1 another party member(which is not much to choose from) . Or was their kits changed at all, hmm well that doesn't matter, as their personality has nothing to do with the enjoyment of the game...

they pushed a massive IA6 fixpack over at the Iron Curtain. I wonder how much of those fixes are aimed at Saros...

which means that the first release of IA 6 (the one Sikret was sending via email for useful idiots "for free") was massively bugged.

ROTFL

I doubt that any of the leftover infinite gold & experience exploits are fixed. And I doubt that all implemented cheats are removed from the 'patched' IA 6.

Since no one of Sikret's testing team dares to stray from the narrow path which Sikret forces them to take, no one is able to actually see most of the bugs and exploits, nor fix them for that matter.

Sikret is keeping a close eye on this thread and similar ones. If you described an exploit, non canon strategy etc. in sufficient detail for it to be reproduced, you can bet that he will (attempt to) remove it without actually involving the testing team.

Sikret is keeping a close eye on this thread and similar ones. If you described an exploit, non canon strategy etc. in sufficient detail for it to be reproduced, you can bet that he will (attempt to) remove it without actually involving the testing team.

Yes they are reading this and my other threads on daily basis. For example, as soon as I stated that I would infiltrate myself into BWL only to re-distribute v6, the following announcement was posted immediately in the BWL private forums :

The vulture doesn't go hunting. It waits for the lion to do the hard job and then comes for an easy food for free.

Now that IA v6 is close to release, there is something important I should say here to all Premium and Gold members of the site. Some people who didn't help us in this financial crisis and even stated a lot of foul things against us have said that they are waiting for members of BWL to upload IA v6 to a free download site (such as Rapidshare) to be downloaded.

These people have chosen to live a vulture's life-style. You are the lions and you should be careful not to feed the vultures.

To be honest, I don't see why any of the premium (Gold) members of BWL may even think of doing such a thing. The only possible scenario which may occur to mind is that some day, they (the vultures) may decide to send one of them here (sacrificing $30) to get the mod and publish it on a download page. To prevent such an incident in the future, I have decided to make a precautionary meaure. I will not upload the mod anywhere to be downloaded. I will make separate and unique versions of the mod for each and every Premium and Gold members here and will send them to your e-mail addresses. The version of the mod sent to any of you will be different from the one sent to others (the content of the mod will be the same, but there will be something hidden in each copy which will be unique and different from other copies of the mod; for example, a minor treasure dropped by a certain enemy may not be the same in different copies of the mod). In this way, if the mod suddenly appears somewhere on public download page, we will download it and will know who has done it. Of course, in that case, the harm is done and even if we ban the spy, the mod is out for the $30 they had sacrificed for it, but at least, we will know who he was and after banning him from the site, they won't have the chance to do the same thing with any further technical supports, fixes, patches and other things we may release here in the future.

That's the reason why v6 was delayed for a few more weeks, to make each copy distinguishable from the other :thumbsup:

I had gotten my v6 version about 2-3 weeks after the first guy got it :thumbsup:

Anybody else playing btw?

I'm currently in the Underdark with my party, and so far had zero problems. I have a lot of IA runs since v5, and I have to admit that this is the strongest party by far. Four full fighters and a half fighter, but a good tank. So 4.5 fighters + Necro. Actually Riskbreaker makes up for the Ranger/Cleric, so it's pretty much 5 full fighters.

Necro

Riskbreaker

Vagrant

Berserker

Kensai

Ranger/Cleric

Pre-Spellhold I did: Kangaxx, Samia & Co and the chamber before Alhoon. Sadly Alhoon + Greater Elemental is not doable imo so I had to reload before doing the chamber, since you can not return back to the sewers once you enter that area.

Firkraag is doable pre-spellhold as confirmed by another member at BWL. I had too much XP to do it after Kangaxx and no use for Carsomyr either.

These people have chosen to live a vulture's life-style. You are the lions and you should be careful not to feed the vultures.

As a point of interest, real lions frequently scavenge for meat from carcasses, and aren't averse to stealing them from vultures, so there's not really much to choose from between their two lifestyles. (This has no relevance to the IA debate beyond a certain irony.)

The pigeon doesn't go hunting. It waits for the chipmunk to do the hard job and then comes for an easy food for free.

These people have chosen to live a pigeon's life-style. You are the chipmunks and you should be careful not to feed the pigeons.

fiksed

Also: apparently they pushed a massive IA6 fixpack over at the Iron Curtain.
For once, someone tries to fight piracy not via stupid protection code, which anyway is only annoying for honest users, but via improving quality of the software. If only mainsteam publishers were like that...

Btw, they're down once again. Seems like a good time to invest 30$ more, as well as give them another push to continue development by pirating the latest version.

I really and truly wonder what Baronius' response would be to any of the poor "elite club" members that might email him, demanding a return of their "donation" due to crappy service.

I'm not talking about those of us already on his banned list - I mean the current people who are (still, for some reason) loyal, paying customers. I simply can't understand why anyone would remain loyal to BWL when the site is the worst maintained in the community and yet they paid for it - literally. If I were still a part of the "in" crowd, this would have pushed me over the edge.

I can only imagine the creative responses he would use as excuses for why the money couldn't/wouldn't be returned. Ahh...to be a fly on that wall.

The vulture doesn't go hunting. It waits for the lion to do the hard job and then comes for an easy food for free.

jester2.gif

Someone might want to send this monolithic Mobutu a copy of Eternal Enemies: Lions & Hyenas, or at least have him watch the first few minutes to learn a little more about his beloved "hardworking" lions. :(

I can only imagine the creative responses he would use as excuses for why the money couldn't/wouldn't be returned.

It's the "old contract", George. You know, the one that never expires? :thumbsup:

Or maybe this time he'll say he traded his soul to maintain this seemingly perpetual clause with that service provider. :thumbsup:

I mean, it's been almost a year since he started pilfering donations for this purpose. So why haven't we seen any noticeable improvements? ???

I mean, it's been almost a year since he started pilfering donations for this purpose. So why haven't we seen any noticeable improvements? :thumbsup:

There's more to it than that. In the past year - since the start of Baronius' ridiculous "donation" based membership policy - the reliability of BWL has been markedly worse than it had been for the 2 years prior to that.

I find it hilarious that the IA-maintainer is using the hottest in Anti-Piracy techniques to prevent spread of said mod.

The version of the mod sent to any of you will be different from the one sent to others (the content of the mod will be the same, but there will be something hidden in each copy which will be unique and different from other copies of the mod; for example, a minor treasure dropped by a certain enemy may not be the same in different copies of the mod). In this way, if the mod suddenly appears somewhere on public download page, we will download it and will know who has done it. Of course, in that case, the harm is done and even if we ban the spy, the mod is out for the $30 they had sacrificed for it, but at least, we will know who he was and after banning him from the site, they won't have the chance to do the same thing with any further technical supports, fixes, patches and other things we may release here in the future.

Coded anti-piracy:

CAP coding is a multi-dot pattern that is printed in several frames of a film print of a theatrically exhibited motion picture. It is sometimes accompanied by text code printed on the edge of a motion picture print, outside the visible picture area.

The dots are arranged in a unique pattern as identification of the particular print of a movie, and are added during manufacture. The marks are not present on the original film negative; they are produced either by physical imprint on the final film print or by digitally postprocessing a digitally-distributed film. This enables codes to be customized on a per-copy basis so that they can be used to trace the print to the theaters that played that particular print and to trace any bootleg copies however they were made – be they telecined, cammed, or telesynced.

Good honest watermarking, counter-intelligence (counter-intelligent?) 101.

Archived