V6 reports

Yeah, I asking just in case a global fix comes out tomorrow, or something. Anyway, since IWD-in-BG2 is The Platform, I thought I'd ask anyway. :cool:

(Because, who knows, maybe there's a terrible problem lurking around the corner? I mean, it's been years of OK for me, and now there's this importing chars issue in BG2 and Tutu, the one I reported in General Mod Discussion. Thankfully, IWD-in-BG2 works fine in this department, but an extra "hey, do you think IWD+HoW are relatively stable now, time for some mods?" can't hurt :) ).

Reinstalled to check things. I've just reached Kuldahar Pass.

Several weapons have names but no descriptions (composite long/long/short bows, quarterstaff, sling, long/short swords, scimitar, all non-magical).

I had two Hrothgar's - one at home (proper) and one roaming (even followed me into Hrothgar's house).

I got the first random treasure off the goblin commander in Easthaven, but no random treasure in the orc cave chest.

@ Kulyok: have you been checking the random treasures or skeleton archer drops by chance? I want to know if it's just me or not...

I'll check. (the problem is that the long May weekend is over, so I'm not sure I'll be able to. But I'll try) But from my runs it seemed most monsters had some sort of treasure - didn't look closely, though.

Cleared the first level of Dragon's Eye. After defeating the first guards, the lizardman shamen near the lizard man king cast Strength of One.

Went south to the bombardier beetle/spider chambers. I revealed one beetle in the main south chamber and all but two attacked. I don't recall this happening in vanilla. I also had two of the wraith spiders move toward the party from south of Erevain's body. And, of course, the random DE1TRES was not there...

All else went fine.

Went south to the bombardier beetle/spider chambers. I revealed one beetle in the main south chamber and all but two attacked. I don't recall this happening in vanilla.

Just checked in vanilla. It's there too. No bug.

Finished Dragon's Eye level 2 but with two serious GLOBAL problems, which I had to set since CLUA won't accept IncrementGlobal. I did some digging into the AR4002.BCS.

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADTalonite_Priestess_3","I#DV_Talonite_Priestess_3")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Talonite_Priestess_3","GLOBAL",1)
	IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTALONITE","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADTalonite_Priestess_2","I#DV_Talonite_Priestess_2")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Talonite_Priestess_2","GLOBAL",1)
	IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTALONITE","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

Globals did not increment. Mother Egenia won't be free without them.

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_KID_3","I#DV_Lizard_Man_Shaman_KID_3")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Lizard_Man_Shaman_KID_3","GLOBAL",1)
	IncrementGlobal("PATHDEAD","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_KID_2","I#DV_Lizard_Man_Shaman_KID_2")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Lizard_Man_Shaman_KID_2","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_KID","I#DV_Lizard_Man_Shaman_KID")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Lizard_Man_Shaman_KID","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADWraith_Spider_KID_2","I#DV_Wraith_Spider_KID_2")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Wraith_Spider_KID_2","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

IF
GlobalsGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADWraith_Spider_KID_1","I#DV_Wraith_Spider_KID_1")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	IncrementGlobal("I#DV_Wraith_Spider_KID_1","GLOBAL",1)
	Continue()
END

SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_Kid, Kid_2 & Kid_3 cut to SPRITE_IS_DEADLizard_Man_Shaman_

SPRITE_IS_DEADWraith_Spider_Kid_1 & Kid_2 cut to SPRITE_IS_DEADWraith_Spider_Kid_

PATHDEAD does not exist so Sheemish can't be freed.

On to level 3.

Just finished Dragon's Eye level 3. Returned to level 2 and found Mother Egenia returning to the foot of the ziggurat rather than remaining near the entrance to level 3.

@ lynx: I'm simply stating what I find. When globals don't increment when the baf file calls, there's a problem somewhere. Who knows? Maybe DavidW will find it helpful.

Finished Dragon's Eye Level 4.

I had two CTD's, both when viewing the Area Map along the south hall.

Several monks did not move to the party, and neither did the summoned monsters. I had only two trolls and three lizard men as summons. Like the jackalwere summoners, these high summoners should keep summoning until the party attacks them.

Again, no randoms in containers.

Win7 x64

intel i7

nvidia gt330m

Bugs:

a) took ~6 attempts and 3 hours to install - finally got it working by installing BG2+tob (patched) and IWD (unpatched! didn't seem to work with patch, unless that was another glitch from something else) to C:\SOA and C:\IWD, setting the installer to run as admin AND in winXPsp3 compatibility mode, installing to C:\IWDTUTU

b) config program coughed up a bunch of errors in weapon proficiency setup (option 4, BG1 + styles), weapons descriptions FUBARed (long sword *alternates* between generic mace description and longsword +3 description, bastard sword described as short sword, etc.)

c) couldn't create a new multiplayer game, system offered a "load scenario" (?) button only

...so far so good, except for the weapon descriptions and the issue of inventing a workaround to create a party

Guest Veszerin
TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.20.3.25 (Wed 18 May 2011 17:40:22)

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x98F677 File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 1246 Expressio

n: FALSE Message: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur

.log for missing resource)

I've installed twice, IWD and BG2 are GoG.com version, no mods. Same error.

Guest Veszerin

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x98F677 File: ChDimm.cpp Line: 1246 Expressio

n: FALSE Message: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer invalid (Check Baldur

that's on Win 7 x64 btw. Also, there is no baldur.log

*******Nevermind. I forgot how anal batch scripting is about spaces in folder addresses. Leaving this up for anyone who runs into the same problems.******

that's on Win 7 x64 btw. Also, there is no baldur.log

I've registered so I don't have to keep making new posts.

I've just uninstalled my GoG.com versions, and installed fresh from the cds. I then tried the mod again.

At the end of the mod setup, it showed the following:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS convert animations
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Convert GUI
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  copy over portraits
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS convert soundsets
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  convert music
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Thieves use light crossbows
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Resting in towns
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Collected string updates
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Decompress NARR files
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  wipe death movie
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Clear out BG2 sample characters
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  Misc string fixes
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  EXE modifications
SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED	  BIFF misc files
Press ENTER to exit.

These errors appeared before as well. Ran bgmain.exe again, same error as before.

Another thing, when I put in my IWD path each of these times, it went through a list of command line switches having me press enter quite a few times. The paths I used on the 3rd install are:

B:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA

B:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Icewind Dale

C:\Program Files (x86)\IcewindTUTU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems I've fixed it and it's now going through a very long install, as advertised. and it runs fine.

Used the following as paths:

B:\BG2

B:\IWD

C:\IcewindTUTU

a) took ~6 attempts and 3 hours to install - finally got it working by installing BG2+tob (patched) and IWD (unpatched! didn't seem to work with patch, unless that was another glitch from something else) to C:\SOA and C:\IWD, setting the installer to run as admin AND in winXPsp3 compatibility mode, installing to C:\IWDTUTU

b) config program coughed up a bunch of errors in weapon proficiency setup (option 4, BG1 + styles), weapons descriptions FUBARed (long sword *alternates* between generic mace description and longsword +3 description, bastard sword described as short sword, etc.)

c) couldn't create a new multiplayer game, system offered a "load scenario" (?) button only

...so far so good, except for the weapon descriptions and the issue of inventing a workaround to create a party

r.e a): Clean installs, no mods/fixes of any sort. ToB to 2.5.26498. IWD with Trials of the Luremaster (this is the latest and last patch 1.42 (062714) as well, and nothing else is needed).

r.e. b): My install simply has some descriptions missing...

r.e. c): Make sure you didn't hit the "Arena" option in the Start menu. I've no idea what that is, but that's where it takes you. Hit "Connect" instead to get to the proper multiplayer access.

Another thing, when I put in my IWD path each of these times, it went through a list of command line switches having me press enter quite a few times. The paths I used on the 3rd install are:

B:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA

B:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Icewind Dale

C:\Program Files (x86)\IcewindTUTU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems I've fixed it and it's now going through a very long install, as advertised. and it runs fine.

Used the following as paths:

B:\BG2

B:\IWD

C:\IcewindTUTU

Anything beyond XP - don't use C:\Program Files. Microsoft's hacker/virus "protections" kill modding most files. Glad to see you figured it out.

To you both: Welcome aboard. Fresh eyes and minds are always helpful. Please report any problem you have, even if someone has already reported it. This is still an open BETA, and you may note what someone else missed.

Archived