V6 reports

I've finally started my walk-through/bug hunt, and just entered Kuldahar Pass. I've found only two bugs. The beetles below the Winter Cradle's Tavern can run up the stairs into the tavern (and back down) - BG2 engine design. The second was that the random treasure (EC3TRES) was missing from the north chest in the orc caves.

Kuldahar Pass to the entrance to Kresselack's Tomb.

In the Root Cellar Tavern a druid has one dialog path, a paladin/non-evil cleric another. In vanilla IWD both can be done. Now it's either/or.

Therik and the two zombie at the entrance of AR3301 failed to attack, and just stood while the party destroyed them.

PC (a paladin) has all Bhaalspawn innates. I need to check this with a newly created character just in case it's a hold-over from the v5 where this one was created.

@Grogerson:

(1) regarding animations: hopefully when it crashes, it just has another go. So your 17 errors may be less worrying than you think. But the test will be if you actually run into any unconverted creatures.

(2) I'm not necessarily sure I mind creatures area-transitioning - it is the BG2 engine, after all. At one point I blocked it, but this turns out to cause (cosmetic) trouble for creatures who are scripted to leave an area. It's probably something that will need fine-tuning.

(3) Regarding the Root Cellar: the dialog files basically get copied over direct from IWD, so I'm not sure how you could be getting different behaviour. Are you 100% sure there's a difference?

@jkl1: you've ignored this part of the instructions.

Enter the full path to your Baldur's Gate II installation WITHOUT ANY TERMINAL SLASHES then press Enter.

You've left on the terminal, i.e. final, slash, i.e. you should have entered d:\Gamez\BGG2, not d:\Gamez\BGG2\.

You can possibly fix this pretty quickly without re-installing, though. Edit "baldur.ini" in a text editor. Wherever it says "d:\Gamez\BGG2", replace it with whatever location you chose for IWD-in-BG2.

@Sterling Archer: I'm guessing you're running Windows Vista or 7. In that case, unless you've got UAC turned off, you should never try to install anything in "C:\Program files". Can you clarify if you've tried to play anyway or if you started again and installed somewhere else (and if so, where?)

@DavidW

(1) So far no animation glitches.

(2) That's what I thought. It's minor so no problem there (they don't attack anyway).

(3) It's ironic since a paladin can talk to the same person a druid did, and vice versa, to get both. I'm an XP hound. What can I say?

So far in K's tomb, first two levels, skeleton archers have only one each AROW_P1 and RNGP1. Not sure if it should be five or ten each, but it becomes helpful to get some restocking as you descend deeper into the tombs.

Also, Bhaalspawn abilities are suppressed. I created two characters to verify.

Guest Sterling Archer
@Sterling Archer: I'm guessing you're running Windows Vista or 7. In that case, unless you've got UAC turned off, you should never try to install anything in "C:\Program files". Can you clarify if you've tried to play anyway or if you started again and installed somewhere else (and if so, where?)

Hi

I am running W7. And Running your program "as administrator" seems to work ok if installed in a root folder. I have installed in

D:\Test (D:\Program Files(x86)\some folder do not work, but moving it here after and change .ini work)

I started a new game, But stopped when i found out weapon descriptions were faulty (came to kuldahar).

regards

Another couple of notes so far.

I have the same item problem as Sterling Archer: Item names are present, but on many there is no description.

Also, RING03 (Ring of Animal Friendship) vanishes from inventory after use and does not return after resting.

Finished Kresselack's Tomb. Random treasures KT2TRES and KT3TRES did not appear, though there was an empty slot where they should have been. Possible bad naming somewhere? I'll look into it tomorrow.

I suspect it's something more holistic about random treasure, actually. Can you give me the exact co-ordinates where the treasure's supposed to appear?

I suspect it's something more holistic about random treasure, actually. Can you give me the exact co-ordinates where the treasure's supposed to appear?

KT2TRES is AR3502 (756.858). KT3TRES is AR3503 (368.482).

CreateItem gave empty items when I tried it on the three items I know failed to show. Looked in the 2da files and noted RNDTRES (IWD file) and RNDTREAS (a wildly modified RNDTRES file). Which file is the specific random treasure item supposed to check? I can't find anything with NI's information.

EDIT: Just tried creating each random treasure from Easthaven to the Temple of the Forgotten God. Nothing appeared though something was in inventory and could be dropped. In IWD one of the items from the list will appear. It's how I found several bad codes in the RNDTRES.ini for Cam's fixes. Engine differences?

Just finished Temple of the Forgotten God. No random treasures were found. And there were two items of note with the Verbeeg - sometimes when they first show I had the image of a leopard momentarily, and the foot circle was of a normal person, not a giant.

A question on Static Charge - is 29+20 hp damage normal?

Guest claudio

Can't get druids out of animal form: i can switch between the various non-human forms but I can't seem to get back to normal: i have the innate ability but it doesn't work.

Tried with shadowkeeper to give me other innate abilities that had the same name.. yet to no avail..

ay workaround for this bug? I really would like to play with an avenger druid in my party!

Guest Guest

Actually I was able with shadowkeeper to find a workaround by giving as an innate ability "forma normal" instead of "forma natural de los trasfiguradores" (basically i think you mismatched the spells to give since they have similar icons and names.. yet the one which is given in the game doesn't work)

So far in K's tomb, first two levels, skeleton archers have only one each AROW_P1 and RNGP1. Not sure if it should be five or ten each, but it becomes helpful to get some restocking as you descend deeper into the tombs.

Played the original into K's tomb. The skeleton archers have 8 each AROW_P1, 5 each RNGP1. These random drops are critical for getting fire and acid arrows to deal with the trolls in Dragon's Eye, since no Kuldahar store sells them.

Okay, I checked HoW and some IWD moments. Barbarian camp went well, and I was able to complete my HoW run - finally!

Two moments I'd like to report(not sure they are bugs, but maybe?):

1) AR9603 - game crashed several times(I had to tip-toe and save every five seconds), twice - when I tried to disarm one of the traps(I think it was the trap at the entrance of one of the chambers to the right, but not sure). In the end everything went perfectly, but "no crashes-no crashes-boom!-several crashes in one area" made me wonder.

2) AR8012 - with 6 keys/badges. New game, using 6 keys - the stairs icon appears correctly. But upon loading old(v5) save just in case(6 keys, stairs icon already was there) - the stairs icon disappeared. It reappeared after I went to another area(AR8005) and back, but I thought I'd report it just in case.

Anyway: in my opinion, the game is nice and playable(Alas, TotL isn't available without a console command, but it's not as huge as not being able to complete HoW). Would it be all right if I release a IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 beta and post the links at PPG and here?

Would it be all right if I release a IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 beta and post the links at PPG and here?
Most likely not my consent you are looking for, but I say; Go for it! IWD NPC's, wooo :cool:

Archived