Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

There's still a bit of writing to go, unfortunately. There's the remaining banters (all NPCs bar Aerie and Anomen) as well as quests and interjects. Interjects should be quick to do, as they're just characterful one-liners, and banters should be relatively swift (without complicating factors like Aerie's romance and Anomen's conflict), so I'm hoping to get wrapped up soon. Of course I've been saying that for a long time. :p

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and all the encouragment. When he makes it into the light of day, I'll try to make sure he'll be worth the wait!

Edited by BigRob

Hello there, I'm new to these forums (I've actually only discovered mods!), so forgive me for my ignorance of mod-writing, but I have a question...

I've noticed that some of your progress reports date back to years ago. I know I must sound impatient and obnoxious, but... do mods typically take *that long* to write, or do you simply not have that much time on your hands?

It's a little of both. Larger mods take a longer time to write, and there are some that did take several years of writing to get finished. Also, some authors write faster that others and/or have more free time. I have been at this for an embarrassingly long time though, especially given that I said he was half finished when I announced him.

Sadly, my amount of personal free time varies trememndously, as while my work is certainly interesting, it doesn't follow standard business hours. Happily, I've got a clear space coming up in my schedule (knock on wood) in which I'm hoping to blaze through as much of the remaining writing as I can.

Thank you for the kind words, I'll be trying to make sure Aklon's worth all the encouragement that's been dished out to me.

I don't like to make estimates these days, as they've almost all been shot down. I was hoping to have writing wrapped up by the end of the year and move on to coding, but realistically, I won't be able to finish up until at least early next year.

Also, welcome to G3, enjoy your stay. :p

Thanks Silver and Vestrael, and everyone else for your patience!

Sadly, I can still promise no dates, but I'm close to having the Aklon/Anomen conflict wrapped up and I'm hoping to tear into the rest of the banters during the X-mas break. So no Aklon for Christmas, but still early next year some time.

Any chance of another Christmas preview present of a lovetalk/banter....or conflict :) ? Pretty please!! (*Hides cattle prod and proffers passionfruit sorbet instead....also makes a mental note to halt her habitual alliteration* ;) )

I second this wonderful idea . . . After all it is the season for giving?

:help:

CelticRose

Any chance of another Christmas preview present of a lovetalk/banter....or conflict :) ? Pretty please!! (*Hides cattle prod and proffers passionfruit sorbet instead....also makes a mental note to halt her habitual alliteration* ;) )

I second this wonderful idea . . .

'Tis a lovely Christmas tradition, (and hopefully the last holiday season necessary for a pre-published mod pre-view :bday: )

After all, it is the season for giving, true?

(Have I used a sufficient amount of buttering-up?)

:help:

Celtic Rose