Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Short answer, not yet, but I promise we'll stop for ice-cream soon. :D

Yaaaaay!!! Ice cream!!!!! :D

though I have hit a bit of a snag in recent weeks with the Modder's traditional hard drive crash (am I in the club for real now guys?). Or actually, Modder's traditional hard drive vents fire while attempting a computer upgrade...

Oh dear, that sounds particularly nasty!!! :D

Good luck getting your putter back on track!! As someone who just spent a week tinkering in her own computer (and almost went insane because of it, long story!), I really feel for you. :p

Indeed, technology's awesome until the day it fails you!

Short answer, not yet, but I promise we'll stop for ice-cream soon. :D

Long answer, I'm coming along with Edwin's banters, about half way through now, though I have hit a bit of a snag in recent weeks with the Modder's traditional hard drive crash (am I in the club for real now guys?). Or actually, Modder's traditional hard drive vents fire while attempting a computer upgrade...

Fortunately, I have everything backed up, so no data has been lost, aside from one day's random notes, but I am currently without a computer, so writing has been slowed while I try and organise to have the thing fixed.

A good example for always backing up your work . . .

I have an external hard drive that automatically backs up for me. (I love my Mac :D )I would be lost without it.

Glad to hear that your work was not lost!

CelticRose

Shame to hear about your computer and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Oh dear, that sounds particularly nasty!!! :p

Good luck getting your putter back on track!! As someone who just spent a week tinkering in her own computer (and almost went insane because of it, long story!), I really feel for you. :D

Indeed, technology's awesome until the day it fails you!

A good example for always backing up your work . . .

I have an external hard drive that automatically backs up for me. (I love my Mac :D )I would be lost without it.

Glad to hear that your work was not lost!

CelticRose

Thanks for the sympathies everyone, computers are indeed awesome until they crap out on you without any viable explanation. :D

And very much a lesson for those doing anything like modding: Backups rule!

Yay, for progress! :) (hides cattle prod) Good to hear that the computer is fixed and banters continue. I may even need to bring Edwin into the party for once just to see the banters.

My latest foray into computer upgrading was to scrounge some ram, from another system I have lying around, pop it into my current (although old) system and voila it worked. Double the ram, happy os and no flames in sight! ;) Although I also seem to be currently surrounded by old, non working, pc peripherals, rapidly encroaching my floorspace. (I think a trip to the computer recycling centre is in order. I mean how many keyboards/printers/scanners/connector leads can one person use?! Arrgh! ;) )

Any progress is good progress! ;)

I bet the banters with ol' Edwin are pretty good. It will be interesting to see Aklon deal with Edwin. I feel confident that Aklon will have no trouble holding his own with the

"All Sarcastic, I mean, Superior One." :)

Glad to hear your computer woes are settling down, and even happier to hear you are making good speed. :)

Keep up the good work and may the muses camp out at your doorstep, or better yet, move on in to your home! What's a few more mouths to feed? Cookies, anyone? Or do they make a "muse-chow" ;)??

CelticRose

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad there's still a few people hanging around to watch me limp through an attempt at making an NPC. ;)

Yay, for progress! ;) (hides cattle prod) Good to hear that the computer is fixed and banters continue. I may even need to bring Edwin into the party for once just to see the banters.

My latest foray into computer upgrading was to scrounge some ram, from another system I have lying around, pop it into my current (although old) system and voila it worked. Double the ram, happy os and no flames in sight! :) Although I also seem to be currently surrounded by old, non working, pc peripherals, rapidly encroaching my floorspace. (I think a trip to the computer recycling centre is in order. I mean how many keyboards/printers/scanners/connector leads can one person use?! Arrgh! :) )

But you never know when one will break, and if you recycle everything, then where will you be? Off to buy another, that's where! At least scavenging RAM is a flame free option. Then again, I would have said that about hard drive until a few weeks ago...

Wait, was that a cattle prod?

I bet the banters with ol' Edwin are pretty good. It will be interesting to see Aklon deal with Edwin. I feel confident that Aklon will have no trouble holding his own with the

"All Sarcastic, I mean, Superior One." :(

Ah, well, you'll have to see, won't you? :)

Keep up the good work and may the muses camp out at your doorstep, or better yet, move on in to your home! What's a few more mouths to feed? Cookies, anyone? Or do they make a "muse-chow" :)??

I think you're supposed to leave our bread soaked in honey and milk for them.

You ain't kidding. I had my NWN2 mod 95% done, and poof.

Ouch! :O That has to suck! I hope at least some of that work was retrievable somehow.

I missed ice cream?? :)

Haven't been around here in a while, great to see stuff's still chugging along, especially with all the roadblocks thrown in the way. It seems you've had terrible luck recently. ^^;

Honestly, I'd beg for another spoiler, but I'm terrible with those. I'm one of those people who will take a look at the last page before I begin a book. @_@

*also donates bread, milk and honey*

Berelinde > Oh god, I'm seconding the hope that all was not lost. That'd be.. pretty much soul-crushing if I was your shoes. D:

Edited by Riviera

Thanks Ankhesenpaaten, yep, Aklon's not lost, just limping. t's beena bad two weeks for writing, and cap that with a PC interaction heavy banter and I'm not having a good month. Keep an eye out, I'll try to post some real progress soon!

Glad you've made some more progress. I can't wait to see how he deals with Edwina. ^^

*donates some bread, milk and honey*

Thank you, thank you, hopefully everyone's largess will get my muse murmering in my ear between bites.

And as for how he deals with Edwina, well you'll see soon enough (well, I hope). :)

I missed ice cream?? :laugh:
You did fall asleep. :laugh: We'll stop the next town over.

Haven't been around here in a while, great to see stuff's still chugging along, especially with all the roadblocks thrown in the way. It seems you've had terrible luck recently. ^^;

Honestly, I'd beg for another spoiler, but I'm terrible with those. I'm one of those people who will take a look at the last page before I begin a book. @_@

*also donates bread, milk and honey*

And thank you too. :laugh: I don't want to reveal too much about the plot, but I might see about a small spoiler when I've got Edwin done and moved on to the next NPC.

Someone over at SHS might make an NPC named Akron! If he gets there first, you might have to change the name!

[p.s. good luck]

With all the numerous name generators online, and other name references available, why on earth would someone choose a name so close to BibRob's character. Silly person. :)

Maybe he is from Ohio . . . not that Ohio is silly, but . . . ya know, Akron, Ohio.

:laugh: Never mind . . . :laugh:

[Go ahead and groan everyone, it is just my strange sense of humor]

C.R.

Edited by celticrose