v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

Checked something about Angaar. I CTRL+J'd over the gate and walked to the Mead Hall. He was standing outside it.

After that I started Trials of the Luremaster. I've finished the courtyard and towers.

AR9708 - The djinn appeared after I managed to kill Criek and his companions.

AR9701 - The steps are still only accessible from the side, not from the bottom.

Generally the steps in all the courtyards and lower tower rooms need work so they can't be used from odd locations.

Heading to the crypts - after I head off to bed...

Finished the Watchknight Crypts with no bugs. One item of note: When you first enter you see a Blast Skeleton in another chamber to the south (and it sees you). This sends everything in that chamber to the secret door to await your arrival. That section somehow needs to be blocked to visibility from the steps.

Now on to the Keep.

Finished the Keep, now on to the dungeons.

I found only three or four spectral guards appeared with each trigger on the first floor, and only one met the party upon entering the second level. This seems abnormally light...

Also, when confronted "Hobart" died and a rakshasa momentarily appeared, then disappeared. Only four invisible stalkers appeared...

The magic mouth door on the second level of the dungeons works properly.

Just flagging that I am still following this - just a bit distracted with other things, so it may be a little while before the next update.

(Incidentally, if "stairs can be used from odd locations" I think I'm going to put up with it - if it's not breaking anything, the cost/benefit equation doesn't quite support sorting it out.)

Just flagging that I am still following this - just a bit distracted with other things, so it may be a little while before the next update.

Kinda expected that...

(Incidentally, if "stairs can be used from odd locations" I think I'm going to put up with it - if it's not breaking anything, the cost/benefit equation doesn't quite support sorting it out.)

Stated only for completeness, since it doesn't critically impact the game.

Completed TotLM. Check the spawns. I had only two creatures in each "pen" on AR9717 instead of four, about half of what was expected much like the spectral guards on AR9711. Also the spectral heros failed to appear when I met the Luremaster (again AR9711).

So far the only game-stopping problem is with Angaar not at the camp entrance after talking with the Gloomfrost Seer and the CTD when Icasaracht flees the body of Wylfdene. I could use some help here...

Thank you for this excellent conversion, I did not find any bugs in it until very recently. I've just completed Dragon's Eye and returned to Kuldahar. Here I stumbled upon two minor issues:

1) Talking to the elf girl in the Evening Shade tavern and accepting her into your party with Erevain's Journal in your possession causes a dialog loop, she keeps saying we should go bury him and the dialog never ends. I realize this is probably a tweak/fixpack issue.

2) After my talk with the real Arundel, my map was not updated to show the Severed Hand fortress. Do you happen to know the area code of this fortress in ice-tutu so that I may continue my quest?

Thank you for all your efforts, this is really an exciting project.

Bugged out in HoW.

Have been to burial isle then gloom frost.

Returned to the barbarian camp - spoke to the shaman hiding just outside the camp.

He told me to speak to the head guard to get access to wyldfane.

But the main gate to the camp was shut, and no-one to speak to to get the gate open.

So i ctrl+J past the gate, and spoke to the head guard standing infront the main house.

He then took me into the house, dialog started with wyldfane, seer died, evil spirit left the body of wyldfane and then the game hung - no CTD.

No specific errors in tobex.log

Just this in TobEx-dlg.log

================

[00EC5F78] Wylfdene- Aihonen! I curse you and all your kind! I will yet see the day that I eradicate all humans!

[00EC5F78]

[00EC5F78]

[00EC5F78]

[00EC5F78] Wylfdene- ...And I shall start with you, hag!

[00EC5F78]

[00EC5F78] 1:- Wait, Wylfdene! St--

[00EC5F78] Ellifain- Wait, Wylfdene! St--

[00EC5F78]

[00EC5F8D] Wylfdene- Retribution : Seer

[00EC5F8D] Seer- Unconscious

[00EC5FBA] Wylfdene- Unconscious

==========================================

Narrowing down the issue a little, Something is going on with the main door guard, Angaar.

After meeting with Wyldfane for the first time you are taken back outside to the main gate, and you can talk to Angaar about a few things for a bit of extra exp.

But as soon as I leave the zone and return he disappears, seemingly for good.

I have Windows 7, and I have an issue when it asks me to enter the BGII. I'm unsure exactly of the syntax when typing out the file path. Could someone please tell my (dumb-feeling) self how to type it all out.

Since it's a command line action, type in the entire location of the BG2 and IWD directories. My game locations, and how they're entered in the install process:

F:\Black Isle\BG2

F:\Black Isle\IWD1

And I *strongly* recommend against installing IWD-in-BG2 to any \Program Files\ directory. Windows 7 "protections" for files in any such named directory has cause more than a few threads of frustration on these forums...

he does not because he did not install the games to the 'default' location because of the fact that Windows 7 protects the Program Files directory and causes many issues when it comes to applying modifications to the games.

And I *strongly* recommend against installing IWD-in-BG2 to any \Program Files\ directory. Windows 7 "protections" for files in any such named directory has cause more than a few threads of frustration on these forums...

Decided to clean my post a bit since multiple edits made it hard to read.

Installation:

Had some problems with installing the mod.("Missing files installation will fail")

But after checking the missing files log managed to figure out what the problem was... (missing ar8001.something)

The problem was that I have very old European version of the game and I forgot that I need the iwd lower dorns deep patch.

After I installed that everything worked just fine.

Except when I made it to lower dorns deep.

Game crashed.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x6C41D3 File: Infinity.cpp Line: 1889 Expression: FALSE Message: Tile set AR8001 not found

To fix that, I only needed to install the LDD patch in the mod folder and it works ok without any problems.

I think it was a good idea to mention that patch here, since there might be others with same problem. It's easy to find with google (it's official icewind dale patch)

Now the bug report part...

I'm playing the game with the latest versions of mod/fixpack and only other things I've installed are the item upgrade and unfinished business mods.

Icewind Dale:

Ranger HP's.

I have 2 rangers in my party, ranger with 18con and archer with 17.

They started with 14 and 13 hp's(just like they should). But at level 2 they had 34 and 32 hp's and 68/58 at level 4.

Don't have any saves left where they are lvl 3 so can't say about that.

Lvl 5 and higher gave normal hp's, so I guess it's only lvl's 2-4 that give some extra.

Some wands and similar items seems to be single use items.

Find traps wand from Kuldahar pass and paralyzation wand(I think I stole it from someone in Kuldahar)

Blur deck. No idea where I got that one, I've found 2 and one was ok.

Ring of animal friendship (TotL ar9800)

Bhaalspawn powers.

Didn't have them at the start, but at some point I've gained the cure light wounds, slow poison and draw upon holy might skills for my party leader.

I had thief using light crossbows, dualed it to mage. After I got my thief skills back, I couldn't use crossbows again.

Casting cloudburst crashes the game. Tried it 3 times, same result everytime.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x4FF726 File: CGameEffect.cpp Line: 1536 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)

The way to pale justice never opened. (had to use ctrl+j to get it)

Promised Ginafae that I woudn't hurt Marketh. Decided to kill him anyway, only to find out that I coudn't. He just stayed near-dead no matter what I tried. Even ctrl+y didn't get the job done.

Heart of Winter:

Edion's ring of wizardry doubles lvl 3 spells. Item description says 5th.

After meeting Hjollder in Burial isle I asked him to take us back to Kuldahar. He did, but back there he was invisible. Still could talk to him and get back to Burial isle.

Mirror of the black ice amulet. Gives +3 saves vs. spells, but not vs. rod/staff/wand. Description says it should give both.

Back in barbarian camp.

Angaar's missing in action. Used Ctrl+j to get past the gate, but just when the battle's about to start. Game crashes... without any error messages.

After that I tried CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ANGAAR").

Angaar worked just like he should and got us inside the mead hall... But just like before, the game crashed.

Tried it multiple times, but the result was always the same and there wasn't any error messages any time.

Trials of the Luremaster:

Rhinoceros beetle just outside Hobart's house didn't do anything. Not even when I started hitting it.

The djinni appeared about 10secs after I had killed the others. I killed Criek of Bane fast, but others took a while. (maybe 2mins total)

NE-tower lvl 2. All 6 chests were trapped. I think the one with the scroll shouldn't be.

Inside the castle. "Hobart" changed into rakshasa and just disappeared. Then only 4 invisible stalkers attacked.

Castle lvl 2. When you enter there's 3 spectral guards but 2 of them just disappears.

Stone nuisance magic missile spell shoots only 1 missile. Should be more powerful than that. Not 100% sure, but I think this problem was only there with the respawned creatures.

Placing a flawless gem in with the wrong symbol endlessly spawns cornugons. Died and fast when there was over 20 in 10 secs.

You get 5 even if you place it and remove while the game's paused.

Killed the Luremaster... Only to see "Has gained 0 quest experience points" (x6) after his speech.

Heart of Winter: Sea of moving ice - Icasaracht's Lair

Since I couldn't see any other way to continue. I just asked Beornen to take us to the Sea of Moving Ice and continued from there.

In areas 9600-9602 enemies dropped alot skulls and winter wolf pelts. Would be better if they didn't.

Game crashed while fighting with Icasaracht.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x9FFB75 File: ChVidImage3d.cpp Line: 899 Expression: FALSE Message: CVidCell::FXRender3dSetPalette: LoadFrame() failed

That only happened once and I tried 4 or 5 more times.

After I killed the dragon (and after the cutscene) the Interface stayd hidden. Not that big deal, since pressing h brought it back.

Icewind Dale: Brother Poquelin's Cave - Crystal Tower

Winter's Cradle Tavern cellar.

Couldn't rest there after speaking with Old Jed. I just kept getting "You may not rest at this time" message. After I left and came back, I could rest there. (but not if I spoke with Jed again)

And finally finished the game and found one more bug. After the credits there's no cursor in the menu screen.

Summary:

If the only major bugs I found(barbarian camp) would get fixed, then I think this mod should get "official" release.

I'll most likely keep looking this forum and maybe I'll try out new versions also...

Might even give this version another runthrough with completely different party at some point.

Archived