v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

There are several things it could be, all of which were fixed in earlier fixpacks; I'm not convinced you're correct about Nym being the issue, but by all means try swapping his animation (for FIGHTER_MALE_ELF, say - I'm at work so I can't give you the code).

It worked ! Thank you !

Looking at your weidu.log, though, I would be extremely surprised if installing v7.7 would cause any problem for your existing install. My advice is to download v7.7 and reinstall the Fixpack component. Weidu should just roll your install back and then forward again. I've done it several times in testing with IWD-UB and some tweakpack components installed. (No absolute guarantees, though!)

Well, I am almost sure that weidu will do it right. But I am not sure that I could continue my game (I mean without starting all over).

If I encounter a blocking problem that I can't go around, sure I will try it ;)

And now, come on Nym, if I remember well, we will have an interesting discussion...

Well, I have the same problem in area AR8012 now...

I am currently making a backup of the whole game and will follow your advice.

Edit : Done... Oups "Stopping installation because of error."...

Copying and patching 5679 files ...

ERROR: BIFF [D:\Jeux\Baldurs Gate II.IWD in BGII\/DATA/25SCRIPTS.BIF] has file e

ntries 0--968, cannot extract file at entry 969 (this BIFF and your KEY file don

't match)

ERROR: BIFF [D:\Jeux\Baldurs Gate II.IWD in BGII\/DATA/25SCRIPTS.BIF]: unable to

extract file 969

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [DEADABAZ.BCS] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

Well, I will fix the error manually in my backup just like in my previous message.

Indeed, once again, I can't CLUA BADSON, BHARKEN, CDBETHLA, SINCYLIA and IDOL.

If I pause the game before CLUAing them, then I see slimes appear... and it CTD when I remove the pause.

Hi,

I have encountered some possible bugs in my play-through so far.

The spirit animals summoned by the totemic druid do nothing unless direct ordered. Perhaps a missing script.

The priestess of Auril did not appeared in the yeti cave after accepting the Kress Quest. I set CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("KRESS_QUEST","GLOBAL",4) to continue. I tried 3 because it was suggested some pages back, but it did not work.

And, now i have returned the heartstone gem and when i enter Arundels house, the conversation with the fake arundel starts, but when i go upstairs i get the same conversation and then he dies and i can loot his staff, but do not get any quest or updated world map. This is where i am stuck right now.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.8

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System (the bigg) -> Rebalanced Proficiencies (CamDawg): v7.8

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty: v7.8

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.8

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.8

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.8

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3073 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Reputation Has No Effect, Stores Price Fixed at 60% (Luiz): v9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any NPC components): v1.9

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing): v1.9

And thank you for this great mod and the stratagems, of course.

Having started IWD again from the beginning, I have just came across the same issue as Nirraven.

Accepted the quest to go kill the priestess of Auril, but took a detour back to kuldahar to sell stuff.

Upon return and travel to the yeti cave, she wasn't there.

(and yes, I had been into the yeti cave before going into kresselacks tomb to clear out the extra yeti.

Also, odd behavior with Priest defensive spells Prayer and Recitation stacking (or not).

Putting a recitation ontop of a prayer actialy increases your actual thac0 by 2 - and spells listed as active on your character sheet show as 'Chant'.

Movement of Creature glitch for 5th Level mage spell 'Conjure Water Elemental'

When there are no enemy's nearby, if you order the elemental to move it will only travel about 5 yards before stopping.

So to get it to move from one side of the screen to the other you have to click the destination about 5-6 times.

This does not occur with the Conjured Fire or Earth elementals (essentially identical spells).

The Conjured water elemental also stops attacking friendly neutral targets.

eg I summoned a water and fire elemental - ordered both to attack each other. Fire elemental keeps on punching, water stops after 1-2 attacks.

Something weird is happening with the item 'Longbow +2: Defender' ULBOW2B.ITM

If I equip it on a naked character with Dex 18 (AC 6) the AC drops by 2 predictably to 4.

But if i equip it on a character decked out with magical armor, helm and neckpiece, the AC stays the same, but goes up when the Bow is uneqipped.

To fix the AC issue I have to take all the AC modifying gear off, put the bow on first, then follow up with the gear. Strangeness.

Okay, I now understand masterpoobar's crash. Monster Summoning VII was being erroneously marked as 10th level. I do this to stop sorcerors getting access to BG2 spells not in IWD. But I accidentally included MS7 in the list. Since scrolls of it are still in the game, you can learn it, and then the game panics when it sees that you know a tenth-level spell.

v9.6 will be up shortly to fix this (and only this, so if you don't want to update, just remember not to learn MS7!)

EDIT: v9.6 is now out.

Hi, again.

And if you are too lame (like me) AND didn't read this post before learning this spell AND can't install the fix... you can workaround by opening your savegame with shadowkeeper and remove the spell from your spellbook.

Hope this helps (nobody but me).

Happy end !

Just a last message to tell you that it was GREAT (it makes long I haven't replayed IWD) !

And, you know what ? just imagine : I had a little (very little) funny bug at the very end : after the final battle, even after the final video, EVEN AFTER the Credits... When you get back to the start-screen (where you can choose to play HoW) : i had no mouse anymore to quit the game !

AH AH AH I told you that it was a funny bug ! (just had to press Alt-F4 to quit the game).

C U

...after the final battle, even after the final video, EVEN AFTER the Credits... When you get back to the start-screen (where you can choose to play HoW) : i had no mouse anymore to quit the game !

...(just had to press Alt-F4 to quit the game).

I had the same happen playing v6.

AR6005 - Two bugs found. The skeleton archers fired once and closed for melee. The lich failed to return, and there was a *long* period on the tier before the door of the crypt when he should have appeared twice. Also, Melf's Minute Meteors will not cast. Two mages have it with the same result.

Okay, version 7.9 is out. Most importantly, this fixes the critical bug with Lysan that I stupidly created in v7.8; it also sorts out Terikan's reappearances, a scattering of bugs with Prayer and Recitation, and some issues with summoned creatures and with ammunition. The tweakpack also has a new component (very much work-in-progess) that introduces a BG2-style journal. (It won't retroactively correct your existing journal if you're mid-game).

I can't reproduce the following:

- death fog crashes. (masterpoobaa: your save is fine on my install, so I don't know what the problem is there)

- Melf's Minute Meteors not working. (grogerson, what exactly happens when you cast it, and can you reproduce it on a clean install?)

- Arundel not giving you the Severed Hand quest. However, I can think of a few possible causes and have recoded that section in a way that ought to be more robust. (nirraven: go back to a save before entering Arundel's house and try it again.)

The following are on the to-do list:

- Everyone should start with a staff. (I really don't care about this, but it'll take 5 minutes to do and I suppose it's part of recreating the previous IWD contents perfectly!)

- mouse disappearing after the credits. (Though I don't really have much idea about this one other than it's clearly some kind of GUI issue)

- unreliable werewolf appearances in Lonelywood. (This one I need to test a bit more, but I wanted to get v7.9 out quickly since the Lysan issue is critical.)

- no Biography if you choose the default soundset. (I have no idea about this one.)

And the following will have to wait till v8, as they require rebuilding the core installer:

- ToBEx needs updating to v22 to fix some bugs in v21

- The chapter voice-overs are always in English, even if your install of IWD is non-English.

As far as I can tell (and leaving aside the Lysan issue) I now have 2 succesful critical-path (indeed, fairly bug-free) playthroughs of core IWD. I'm keen to know if anyone is playing/has played through HoW and TotLM. Once I've got one or two successful reports of that, I think we can do an official release.

- The chapter voice-overs are always in English, even if your install of IWD is non-English.

I had them in French (like IWD and BGII i've used to install this) !

How very odd. We are talking about the spoken text, not the text displayed on screen?

Just continuing my quick power-run through IWD using my high level characters (12+).

Odd instance for me, after killing yxunonemi and returning to Kulduhar, there are usually neo-orog's wandering around town attacking the townspeople.

This time there were none. Everything was peaceful.

Still was able to talk to the 'false' Archdruid and go upstairs and speak to the dying one and continue the quest line ok. Just no neo-orogs.

Not sure if its got to do with me using the cheat console to get around the 'missing Lysan' issue earlier (now fixed)

Just continuing my quick power-run through IWD using my high level characters (12+).

Odd instance for me, after killing yxunonemi and returning to Kulduhar, there are usually neo-orog's wandering around town attacking the townspeople.

This time there were none. Everything was peaceful.

Still was able to talk to the 'false' Archdruid and go upstairs and speak to the dying one and continue the quest line ok. Just no neo-orogs.

Not sure if its got to do with me using the cheat console to get around the 'missing Lysan' issue earlier (now fixed)

That's odd, and I can't reproduce it. (Teleport to AR 4005, beam to Yxunomei's chamber, CTRL-Y her, teleport to AR2100 - Orogs.)

Can you do the following at the console: CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("KULDAHAR_ATTACK","GLOBAL") and tell me what answer you get?

And yet no orogs? ... that's really odd. I'm going to guess it's some weird consequence of your updating mid-game. If you're feeling friendly: create a new character, teleport to Yxunomei; kill her; teleport to Kuldahar; see if you get orogs.

Archived