v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

@ masterpoobaa - Look around Sorcerer's Place. I believe someone created something for BG2 to emulate it.

@ DavidW - I finished Dragon's Eye and the return to Kuldahar. Here's some new notes:

5 translocation arrows are "missing" from a chest in Yxunomei's chamber (AR4005 3028.310). By "missing" I mean something was in the chest but showed up as nothing (invalid item).

The three yuan-ti mages that appear behind the party are appearing late much like the yeti support of Lysan. Two different runs and two different delays.

I've been having slowdowns when I cast Stinking Cloud or Web. Strangely I have no problem with Entangle.

Now it's on to the Severed Hand.

David, since you're already using TobEx for IWD-in-BG2 you might want to set this:

Level One Proficiency Restrictions=1

In the original IWD, it wasn't possible for fighters to assign more than 2 points to a weapon proficiency at level 1.

Exactly like BG1 (and PnP, I believe?) and changed for BG2. I agree it should be the default option.

Just doing some High level testing for kicks.

Gave the 4 bugs in the cellar of the tavern 1 hp and 20million exp each.

If you roll a Sorcerer he/she starts with no gold.

Once the Sorcerer exceeds the mid level 20's, you get to the point where the game asks you to memorize 4 level 9 spells, but there are only 3 available, so you have to press Esc to get out - and after every time you visit the character sheet it asks to finish choosing a new level 9 spell.

Ditto with Thief gaining lockpick/stealth/trap detect/pickpocket points - it appears you never stop gaining them, so eventually run out of space with all 4 stats on 250+.

The 3rd level cleric spell/5th level mage/sorcerer summon skeletons spell do not summon skeleton warriors above level 15 as it should. (at least in BG2, Don't think you can get skeletal warriors in IWD vanilla)

Previously mentioned deathfog spell has no cloud animation or damage over time, just one lot of initial damage.

Summoned Diva's don't auto attack like other summoned creatures.

Apart from that all other rediculously high level characters seem to function properly :)

@ masterpoobaa - Look around Sorcerer's Place. I believe someone created something for BG2 to emulate it.

@ DavidW - I finished Dragon's Eye and the return to Kuldahar. Here's some new notes:

5 translocation arrows are "missing" from a chest in Yxunomei's chamber (AR4005 3028.310). By "missing" I mean something was in the chest but showed up as nothing (invalid item).

Will chase.

The three yuan-ti mages that appear behind the party are appearing late much like the yeti support of Lysan. Two different runs and two different delays.

I'm officially Fed Up with problems caused by IWD's hidden creatures, and have coded some automated code to move most of them to a BG2-style spawning system. Hopefully that will help with problems like these (and the squirrels and spirit animals masterpoobaa mentioned).

I've been having slowdowns when I cast Stinking Cloud or Web. Strangely I have no problem with Entangle.

Hmmm, that may be difficult to fix... in IWD-in-BG2, persistent effects are faked by spawning large numbers of invisible creatures. (Entangle uses the BG2 animation, so the problem doesn't arise).

Just doing some High level testing for kicks.

Gave the 4 bugs in the cellar of the tavern 1 hp and 20million exp each.

Will chase.

Once the Sorcerer exceeds the mid level 20's, you get to the point where the game asks you to memorize 4 level 9 spells, but there are only 3 available, so you have to press Esc to get out - and after every time you visit the character sheet it asks to finish choosing a new level 9 spell.

Hard to do much about that. I suppose we could restrict sorcerors to 3 L9 spells unless you've got BG2 spells installed.

Ditto with Thief gaining lockpick/stealth/trap detect/pickpocket points - it appears you never stop gaining them, so eventually run out of space with all 4 stats on 250+.

Will chase (not a high priority).

The 3rd level cleric spell/5th level mage/sorcerer summon skeletons spell do not summon skeleton warriors above level 15 as it should. (at least in BG2, Don't think you can get skeletal warriors in IWD vanilla)

That's intentional. The spell system is converted, so (with one or two exceptions) IWD behaviour overrides BG2 behaviour. And you're right: no skeleton warriors in BG2.

Previously mentioned deathfog spell has no cloud animation or damage over time, just one lot of initial damage.

Summoned Diva's don't auto attack like other summoned creatures.

Noted.

Will chase.

I've got a case of the same, in Orrick the Grey's inventory in the second chapter. I'll attach screenshot. (I have the Restore BG2 scrolls component installed.)

Will chase.

Same goes for Monk (not for Barbarian however, strangely enough).

A minor bug:

Biography with Default voice

A very random CG-bug is the fact that if you choose the Default voice you don't get any text in the Biography. With any other voice there is a nicely written bio.

post-2725-0-87060900-1326913635_thumb.jpg

Have you figured out the exp cap issue yet? :)

Also experiencing an odd issue with the weapon 'The Snow Maiden's Reaver' (REAVER.ITM)

+hit, # of attacks, % proc chance to freeze target are working, but it appears that my bonus damage due to strength, bastard sword proficiency and spells/items is not being applied.

Damage done by the weapon is consistantly 4-10 hp (2d4+2) - offhand or mainhand doesnt matter.

Also experiencing an odd issue with the weapon 'The Snow Maiden's Reaver' (REAVER.ITM)

+hit, # of attacks, % proc chance to freeze target are working, but it appears that my bonus damage due to strength, bastard sword proficiency and spells/items is not being applied.

Damage done by the weapon is consistantly 4-10 hp (2d4+2) - offhand or mainhand doesnt matter.

Playing though a vanilla IWD right now and remember having similar issues with this sword. I had thought because it used cold damage instead of physical that bonuses due to strength etc. didn't apply. It was just a hunch and I didn't bother testing further, just sold it.

Possibly isolated the issue with REAVER.ITM.

Using Nearinfinity to compare it to a standard bastard sword, under item abilities the reaver has:

Speed: 6

To HIt: 2

Dicesize: 4

# Dice: 0 - (should be 2) - So therefor its rolling only pure cold damage rather than physical and thus not adding any strength bonuses.

Encountered an error while trying to install Ice Tutu Tweaks, v7.7, IWD-style proficiencies with weapon styles. Here's the relevant bit of the debug...

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 34 of 0-byte file IPLOT01K.ITM

ERROR: [iPLOT01K.ITM] -> [override/IPLOT01K.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [iWD-Style Proficiencies with Weapon Styles], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/105/OTHER.105]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/105/OTHER.105")

[ice_tutu_tweaks/backup/105/UNSETSTR.105] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

And my weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.0

Archived