v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

Of associated note to Berelinde's post, Nearinfinity also cannot load/view 4 specific .ITEM files

IPLOT01K.ITM

IPLOT04G.ITM

IPLOT04H.ITM

IPLOT04I.ITM

"Error reading IPLOT01K.ITM null"

RUnning latest version of nearinfinity.

Vanilla BG2 ships with these four items already broken. The fixpack replaces them with dummy items so they don't mess up NI and copy-everything instructions. IWD-in-BG2 will deactivate them as of next patch (hopefully turning up in the next hour).

Okay, version 7.8 is out. WARNING: this version may cause a certain amount of trouble if you install it mid-game. Nothing catastrophic will happen (probably) but you'll sometimes see two copies of various spawned creatures if you enter an area you'd already been in before upgrading.

The only bugs on the list that I'm not currently fixing (I think) are

- Snow Maiden's Reaver. (I don't think this is a bug.)

- the bio that you don't get if you choose the default soundset. (On the to-do list.)

- the problem with very high level thieves' abilities wrapping. (I can't immediately find what 2da files control this; if someone tells me, I'll sort it out.)

- the missing item in Orrick's store. (Dakk, can you try to reproduce this on a new game?)

Did I miss anything?

The most important change is the remap of hidden creatures. That should inter alia solve the silly squirrels in Easthaven, the slow-appearing yuan-ti mages and yetis, the glitchy spirits on the Burial Isle, and (most of) the briefly-glimpsed creatures you see on a multi-player run. I'd appreciate if someone can test this. Note that you need to be entering the area for the first time; this won't work - indeed, will probably create fairly weird effects - if you enter an area you've already been in that has hidden spawns.

Trying to figure out why my games framerate goes to essentially zero when i cast persistant AoE spells (stinking cloud, cloudkill, death fog).

It even slows down significantly casting web. Hrm... *scratches head* Hasn't been an issue before.

All detail maxxed out, 3d on, Core2Duo cpu @ 3.2Ghz.

Well, on the one hand those spells create a fairly significant CPU demand, because the cloud effects are faked by various invisible creatures in the background; on the other hand, with the exception of Death Fog nothing has changed in the converter since version 7.7 (or, indeed, since version 4 or 5).

It plays fine on my system, which is less shiny than yours. Something running in the background?

I really sounds like a system specific issue. No modern computer should suffer slowdowns. Maybe GPU or multicore related.

A question about your framerate however - I've read pretty stern warnings about changing it from the default 30, how come you've done so?

*shrug* its just something ive done since I've first played bg/iwd. always play at 45. 30 just feels a tad slow and choppy, 60 is way to frenetic and fast.

*update on the wierdness*

Seems its just the undead isle in HoW that has an issue with cloud spells. Elsewhere is fine.

Summoned undead also seem to cause slowdowns in the burial isle area, especially underground. odd.

Possible bug with Emmerich when he turns into a Werewolf and attacks you.

First two times he just didn't give up and my characters killed him.

Third time he ran away and disappeared as should - but he has not returned to his shop even after a few days of rest, and travel to and from different zones.

I have recently started a new party, but imported my high level characters from HoW (Just like one would do for a HoF mode game).

I seem to get the following CTD error 3 times out of 4 when I cast 'Death Fog'

[Fri 27 Jan 2012 06:49:58] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x8BA209 File: ObjCreature.cpp Line: 12162 Expression: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0 Message: (null)

Hi,

First : Incredible conversion ! All you touch become gold (I love SCS & SCSII !)

I've played the whole first 5 chapters without seeing problems (but one that is already reported and fixed about creature continuously appearing and disappearing). It makes long since I have not played IWD so, I may see bugs without recognize them...

BTW, I've not installed newer ice_tutu_tweaks-v7-x.exe than ice_tutu_tweaks-v7-0.exe since I had not big trouble until now... (in fact, I didn't know that you would fix bugs so fast !).

So, I just encounter my first blocking bug : in AREA AR8004, the game CTD as soon as I enter the area... I've searched a bit and found that the "nice" Nym as a problem (CTD as soon as I CLUA him whatever the area). I opened nym.cre with DLTCE and hit "check" (that's all I am able to do with this tools :) ) and it says : "Animation ID 0x5301 cannot be found in animations.ids"

I am not a modder, but I've play with mods for long and I know that animations can lead to CTD.

So, since it seems that I am the only one having this bugs, it means that either you have already fixed that before or that I did something wrong :)

Since I've installed a few mods after ice_tutu_tweaks-v7-0.exe, I am VERY afraid of deinstalling it in order to install the last version... and since I am close to the end I am reluctant to start again from the beginning...

Can I just fix it locally with DLTCE by choosing an existing animation ?

Thank you for your help.

Weidu.log below (just in case) :

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.0

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #1 #0 // Mod Widescreen -> pour les jeux Infinity Engine originaux (CHOISISSEZ CA !): Mod Widescreen v3.02

~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #2 #0 // Item Upgrade pour Icewind Dale: v3

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #1 #0 // La Voix de Durdel Anatha: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #1 #200 // Quete de Guello / Beorn etendue: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #1 #300 // L'anneau de Marketh: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #1 #400 // Le duel avec Presio: v5

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #1 #500 // Bouclier en carapace de scarabee rhinoceros d'Orrick: v5

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #60 // Animation des armes amelioree: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #130 // Mode pause dans tous les dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2090 // Changer la limite de points d'experience -> Retirer la limite: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2100 // Autoriser l'utilisation des competences de voleur en armure lourde: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2120 // Autoriser le lancement des sorts profanes en armure: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2140 // Options de jumelage etendues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2151 // Port de plusieurs objets de protection -> Pas de restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2200 // Grande maitrise pour les multi-classes (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2210 // Veritable grande maitrise (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2240 // Table debridee des TAC0: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2250 // Table de progression des sorts du sorcier debridee: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2260 // Alterer la table de progression des sorts du mage -> Table debridee (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2270 // Alterer la table de progression des sorts du barde -> Table debridee (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2280 // Alterer la table de progression des sorts du clerc -> Table debridee (Blucher): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2300 // Tables de capacites de haut niveau pour les triclasses: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #2320 // Suppression de la limite du nombre de pieges (Ardanis/GeN1e): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3000 // Plus de points de vie a la montee de niveau -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3031 // Apprentissage des sorts assoupli -> 100% de chance d'apprendre un sort et nombre de sorts illimite: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3040 // Sacs de contenance sans fond: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3080 // Empilement illimite des munitions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3090 // Empilement illimite des gemmes et des bijoux: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3100 // Empilement illimite des potions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3110 // Empilement illimite des parchemins: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #2 #3200 // Batons, gourdins et frondes vendables (Icelus): v9

Fouinto

There are several things it could be, all of which were fixed in earlier fixpacks; I'm not convinced you're correct about Nym being the issue, but by all means try swapping his animation (for FIGHTER_MALE_ELF, say - I'm at work so I can't give you the code).

Looking at your weidu.log, though, I would be extremely surprised if installing v7.7 would cause any problem for your existing install. My advice is to download v7.7 and reinstall the Fixpack component. Weidu should just roll your install back and then forward again. I've done it several times in testing with IWD-UB and some tweakpack components installed. (No absolute guarantees, though!)

Archived