Removing items from a creature in a Die() trigger - impossible?

pro5

Also you might be able to drop a new item upon death via ~GiveItemCreate() DropInventory()~, I think I've tested it once.

I agree : I tested this "trick" a long time ago to provide trolls a vial of regenerating blood that they released once dead and it worked fine.

Also you might be able to drop a new item upon death via ~GiveItemCreate() DropInventory()~, I think I've tested it once.

I agree : I tested this "trick" a long time ago to provide trolls a vial of regenerating blood that they released once dead and it worked fine.

I know it works, I mentioned CreateItem() and DropInventory() worked fine in the original post. My problem was to remove the old version of the item upon death, not add a new one.

As mentioned above, use ToBEx or BGEE to restrict an item to a particular character, there's even a setting to allow free moving of an item in their inventory, but never taking outside of it.

TobEx and BGEE are both totally awesome, but they won't help me in this instance because the differences in the two item versions are more than merely different Usability flags. I *need* to spawn a different item instead of the old one, no scripting command will morph my item into what I need. Even if they could help though, I don't think making TobEx a prerequisite for a mod just for this one small thing is a good idea. BGEE exclusivity is out of the question too, why would I want to limit my audience if I can help it.

Well... I guess combining the two should work - ToBEx will keep the item from dropping (and I think it will be susceptible to DestroyItem() as well, having remained in inventory), while Die() will spawn a replacement.

Although providing CRE with both items and destroying the corresponding one at the joining/going hostile time is much simpler indeed. It also wouldn't rely on Die() trigger, which I don't trust too much.

I don't think making TobEx a prerequisite for a mod just for this one small thing is a good idea. BGEE exclusivity is out of the question too, why would I want to limit my audience if I can help it.
Erhm, the ToBEx exclusive only means that the gamer needs his game to be ToB(patched to the v26498 or 26499 patch), nothing more... so it cannot be SoA game or Tutu_SoA game & Mac users. All the others should be fine as you can supply your own version of the ToBEx with your mod and install it unless that feature is already installed by other mods, and it's easy to check by looking for the ToBEx -exclusive file. There are a bunch of mods that already do this, ToBEx readme:
Compatibility

-------------

A redistributable version of TobEx identical to the "TobEx - Core" component of this modification may be packaged within other modifications.

If this is the case, installation automatically detects if an update is necessary and updates accordingly.

Installation will continue without any changes if no update is required.

There is no requirement for any special user action.

Not that the "joining/going hostile" is not a better choice.
Erhm, the ToBEx exclusive only means that the gamer needs his game to be ToB(patched to the v26498 or 26499 patch), nothing more... so it cannot be SoA game or Tutu_SoA game & Mac users. All the others should be fine as you can supply your own version of the ToBEx with your mod and install it unless that feature is already installed by other mods, and it's easy to check by looking for the ToBEx -exclusive file. There are a bunch of mods that already do this,

This is good to know, but what I meant was some people may be wary of the whole concept of .exe patching, and I don't blame them - it's generally associated with stability issues. Here's an example: http://www.shsforums...57013-tobexdll/

If I do include exe patching for some reason, it'd have to be something that is A) really important for the mod's integrity, and B) impossible to achive in any other way.

This is good to know, but what I meant was some people may be wary of the whole concept of .exe patching, and I don't blame them - it's generally associated with stability issues. Here's an example: http://www.shsforums...57013-tobexdll/
Well, did you see him hitting his head to the brick wall for using the tobex already ? Tadaa.
I don't think making TobEx a prerequisite for a mod just for this one small thing is a good idea. BGEE exclusivity is out of the question too, why would I want to limit my audience if I can help it.
You supply a solution to make things work the way you want, if players want to disable that, that's their own business. They'll simply get a cheat for free, nothing else.

Silly question... since it is a custom item, why not simply do what the game does with Drow items when it swaps things out for the dust item? Flag the item so it drops, Die() sets the var, the var swaps the item.

Archived