SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Spell removals (ie. Secret Word) have that "Display string" opcode (i.e. Spell Protection dispelled and similar). They don't have to be there, since it removes protections by type string is automatically displayed.

This way, message displays twice.

Edited by kreso

In addition, wand18b.spl (Pierce magic) doesn't work vs spell shield (doesn't get patched). In addition, it doesn't work the same as Pierce magic mages can cast.

How about "cast spell" - real Pierce magic, so it's not dependant on SR install.

Summons

Regarding the whole "bring the Nabassu back" (and maybe add a Cornugon too), I already said I'll think about it, it is simply not a priority of mine. It isn't very unique imo (just another demon), and surely it's not more unique than djinni/efreeti as some of you claim (note that genies within SR are not fully friendly, unlike most summons if you damage them they turn hostile).

Also, an uncontrollable not-friendly demon cannot replace the Hakeashar, but yes, I was already planning to "merge" it and the Nishruu within the same spell to use the other resource for a more unique summon.

Anyway, I'll try post more on this matter on the dedicated topic, hopefully later today.

Namarra

Also, please sometime in the future make Namarra's Silence respect the "spell deflection protects from AOE spells" rule. This is quite overpowered right now when every spell is subject to the rule. Considering the Namarra has that -5 save on its effect its a direct counter to the mages. Staying away from using it for now.

I agree it seems unfair for it to ignore Spell Deflection now that the standard Silence spell is blocked by it, but every AoE effect bypassed SD in vanilla. Namarra's Silence didn't got more powerful, it behaves the same, it's the standard spell which is slightly less powerful because it doesn't bypass SD anymore.

On a side note, the issue would not be there with IR installed. Speaking of which, may I ask why you like SR but not IR? I'm just curious.

Improved Invisibility

...is there any possibility the improved invisibility loses its -4 save bonus in bg2ee? Maybe there is some workaround?

The solution is using a -4 penalty to all saves to counter the hardcoded bonus added by EE, but it needs to be done via shell system because on one hand I need such bonus to not stack with themselves otoh the anti-stack effect would make it impossible to cast II again before the duration of the previous one expires.

Short story, I need to make a different version of the spell which installs only when EE is detected. "Mod friendly" they said. :angry2:

Spell Removals

Spell removals (ie. Secret Word) have that "Display string" opcode (i.e. Spell Protection dispelled and similar). They don't have to be there, since it removes protections by type string is automatically displayed.

I'll fix it immediately.

Wand of Spell Striking

In addition, wand18b.spl (Pierce magic) doesn't work vs spell shield (doesn't get patched). In addition, it doesn't work the same as Pierce magic mages can cast.

How about "cast spell" - real Pierce magic, so it's not dependant on SR install.

As far as I remember I changed a few wands to not use the original spells because some players complained about "wands causing cowled wizards to appear".

Wand of Spell Striking

As far as I remember I changed a few wands to not use the original spells because some players complained about "wands causing cowled wizards to appear".

Sigh.... :(

i know how much you're loving EE these days demi

btw did create undead 6th lvl wiz/clr spel;l vanish??

i have animate skeletal warrior.. whic donest make sense since animate dead will give you skeletal warrior.. at higher lvl anyways

was just wondering if id missed a change log regarding create undead

@Kreso, well we could make that wand slightly more unique and the consistency issue would vanish, no? Most wands don't cast perfect copies of a spell anyway (e.g. Wand of Frost, Paralyzation, etc.)

Speaking of wands...maybe it's just me but the Wand of Paralyzation looked extremely OP on your BG1 no-reload run.

@brandinmemph, the 3rd lvl Animate Dead no longer summon the Skeletal Warrior but "only" Greater Skeletons. The SW summon was freaking OP for a 3rd lvl spell slot, and even for a 6th lvl spell slot it is still extremely competitive (just compare it side to side with an Air/Fire/Earth Elemental and you'll see what I'm talking about).

@Kreso, well we could make that wand slightly more unique and the consistency issue would vanish, no? Most wands don't cast perfect copies of a spell anyway (e.g. Wand of Frost, Paralyzation, etc.)

Speaking of wands...maybe it's just me but the Wand of Paralyzation looked extremely OP on your BG1 no-reload run.

I like that wand as it is, fwiw, but value consistency more.

Wand of Paralyzation is 60 seconds stun, with a power level of 5 and save at -3 (vs wands). Ya, it's good. :p

@brandinmemph, the 3rd lvl Animate Dead no longer summon the Skeletal Warrior but "only" Greater Skeletons. The SW summon was freaking OP for a 3rd lvl spell slot, and even for a 6th lvl spell slot it is still extremely competitive (just compare it side to side with an Air/Fire/Earth Elemental and you'll see what I'm talking about).

ohh no no no complaint... i totally agree skeletal warrior is beyond the scope of animate dead..

just wanted to make sure i hadnt actually lost my freaking mind..

btw for anyone how do i get around the 24 spells at sorcerer learn spells of X lvl screen at lvl up??

i know i could hidespl.2da or set the [pick for me scheama to customize via that 2da file but there has t o be some sort of tobex thingy for EE mods..

right?? or a more elegant solution...

Wand of Paralyzation is 60 seconds stun, with a power level of 5 and save at -3 (vs wands). Ya, it's good. :p

So...it's pretty much an Improved Hold Monster because for some reason I let it keep stun opcode rather than hold (why did I do that?) and it even has a slightly harsher save penalty! :D I do think it needs to be changed at least a little bit.

how do i get around the 24 spells at sorcerer learn spells of X lvl screen at lvl up??

On EE you simply cannot. Only with ToBEx.

i know how much you're loving EE these days demi

No comment. :D:rant:

Re wands: I usually tweak the Wand of MM to cast a 2-missile MM, since my mages have a 1-missile MM as an at-will cantrip... yes the thing calls the Cowled Wizards down on me... but It's *using* magic. It *should* bring the Cowled Wizards down on you.

That Wand of Paralyzation is indeed super OP. I try to keep the "Stun" effect to 2-6 seconds, and use "Hold" for longer paralysis. Making either change would balance that wand. (Yes a wand that stuns for only 6 seconds would still be perfectly useful - it has a save penalty, and almost nothing resists the Stun effect, and that's 6 seconds you can either reposition a party or cast an important spell, or just whale on the enemy with GWW or something. Maybe 6-12 seconds on a failed save, 2 seconds on a *successful* save, so you're not totally wasting charges, and make it less expensive to recharge.)

If it stays long-duration, I would do a 30-second Hold with a save penalty, or a 60-second Hold and get rid of the penalty.

Summons

Regarding the whole "bring the Nabassu back" (and maybe add a Cornugon too), I already said I'll think about it, it is simply not a priority of mine. It isn't very unique imo (just another demon), and surely it's not more unique than djinni/efreeti as some of you claim (note that genies within SR are not fully friendly, unlike most summons if you damage them they turn hostile).

Also, an uncontrollable not-friendly demon cannot replace the Hakeashar, but yes, I was already planning to "merge" it and the Nishruu within the same spell to use the other resource for a more unique summon.

Anyway, I'll try post more on this matter on the dedicated topic, hopefully later today.

Namarra

Also, please sometime in the future make Namarra's Silence respect the "spell deflection protects from AOE spells" rule. This is quite overpowered right now when every spell is subject to the rule. Considering the Namarra has that -5 save on its effect its a direct counter to the mages. Staying away from using it for now.

I agree it seems unfair for it to ignore Spell Deflection now that the standard Silence spell is blocked by it, but every AoE effect bypassed SD in vanilla. Namarra's Silence didn't got more powerful, it behaves the same, it's the standard spell which is slightly less powerful because it doesn't bypass SD anymore.

On a side note, the issue would not be there with IR installed. Speaking of which, may I ask why you like SR but not IR? I'm just curious.

Improved Invisibility

...is there any possibility the improved invisibility loses its -4 save bonus in bg2ee? Maybe there is some workaround?

The solution is using a -4 penalty to all saves to counter the hardcoded bonus added by EE, but it needs to be done via shell system because on one hand I need such bonus to not stack with themselves otoh the anti-stack effect would make it impossible to cast II again before the duration of the previous one expires.

Short story, I need to make a different version of the spell which installs only when EE is detected. "Mod friendly" they said. :angry2:

Spell Removals

I'll fix it immediately.

Wand of Spell Striking

First of all, it was not Corungon, but a Nabassu :))).

I dont have IR installed, i just dont know the mod really and never really read a readme. Maybe i should. Is it really good? Namarra is changed there?

I have posted a bug elsewhere. Take notice: the "green" stone to flesh spell scroll doesnt remove petrification because it is now "special kind of hold". The "blue" stone to flesh works as intended.

As for the Namarra. The standart spell isnt "just a bit less powerful then the namarra's ability", Its TONS less powerful, to be precise it is the Namarra's ability is overpowered: SCS mages autocast spell deflections 99% of time and Namarra's silence just walks around it smacking the poor dudes with a -5 save penalty removing their spellcasting completely. It is extremely overpowered really, i just cast it and disregarding everything those yuan-ti mages were instantly useless. Also 3xday cast lol. I need to see if it ignores globes as well i have a gut feeling it does.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau