SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

So in SCS there are two components that are not skipped if SR is installed. They seem redundant but I usually install them anyway since I want to make sure the AI behaves properly. I just want to confirm that you should install them, or if they conflict with anything SR is doing and they can be skipped..

1. ) Breach affecting Liches and Rakashas

2. ) True Sight providing protection from Blind.

So in SCS there are two components that are not skipped if SR is installed. They seem redundant but I usually install them anyway since I want to make sure the AI behaves properly. I just want to confirm that you should install them, or if they conflict with anything SR is doing and they can be skipped..

Install 2). SCS doesn't yet check if SR has this component, and afaik some script depend on it slightly (mages will counter Blindness with it)

1) Is optional, but SCS won't behave "inproperly" if skipped. I don't use it.

Install 2). SCS doesn't yet check if SR has this component, and afaik some script depend on it slightly (mages will counter Blindness with it)

1) Is optional, but SCS won't behave "inproperly" if skipped. I don't use it.

SR's True Seeing already counters blindness as "required" by SCS. Are you sure installing 2) is needed anyway for scripts to correctly work?

Installing 1) is optional. SR provides an alternative solution but you are free to use SCS tweak if you don't want to require an 8th lvl spell, Pierce Shield, to breach liches and rakashas protections. SR variant is more "legal" imo because s 5th lvl spell is not supposed to affect those creatures at all.

It's a well know game ender. Same thing will happen if you got everyone charmed, mazed and similar. There's nothing new about this.

Woah. :(

Were there any attempts to fix it? Though again, it's probably out of SR scope.

Checking now what other guys have written about Charname Imprisonment fixes, seeing a fine print that says "Unless you're going solo" makes me heartbroken. There is probably some condition hardcoded in the game somewhere, stating that it's a gameover when player doesn't have any characters assigned to him anymore.

Tbh I fail to see why would anyone code something like this, unless there was a desire to bug the hell out of the game and (especially) solo runs.

Edited by n-ghost

SR's True Seeing already counters blindness as "required" by SCS. Are you sure installing 2) is needed anyway for scripts to correctly work?

RequireBlock(TruesightCuresBlindness) is used to detect if TS removes blind condition.

The block is made true by this code:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dw#truesight_blindness.mrk~ BEGIN
OUTER_SPRINT ~sslvariables~ ~%sslvariables%~^~&TruesightCuresBlindness=True~
SCS should basically add another check (if SRv4 is installed) to make the check true.

Note, this is only relevant for curing Blindness, hardly a must in any case - scripts work fine even if this isn't installed, only AI mages won't use TS to counter Blindness. If one doesn't use PW:Blind, it's completely irrelevant.

Tbh I fail to see why would anyone code something like this, unless there was a desire to bug the hell out of the game and (especially) solo runs.

Well, the game was designed with a party in mind, not solo runs - think back to 1999, there were plenty of games where you could only play a solo character, a party in an RPG was actually a big deal. So I suspect the designers just didn't care about solo runs.

Edited by subtledoctor

Well, the game was designed with a party in mind,

The game would be much buggier if it wasn't so.

By the way. I ve just had that: a hostile mage cast summon demon knight and he actually summoned a bone fiend which i couldnt hurt with +3 Liliacor. Weird stuff?

Then, you already know the bug about improved invis giving - 4 saves on bgee installs.

Also, i might be mistaken but i think that item-cast AOE spells like the Namarra's silence ignore the "deflection protects against the AOE spells" option and goes through it.

Also, i might be mistaken but i think that item-cast AOE spells like the Namarra's silence ignore the "deflection protects against the AOE spells" option and goes through it.

You're not mistaken. The patching code should probably be extended (it's the spells that need to be changed, not the Deflection).