SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

[./DATA/DEFAULT.BIF] 6201616 bytes, 522 files, 0 tilesets

Appending to files ...

Appended text to [MSECTYPE.2DA]

Added MSECTYPE.2DA SpellShield

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/spwi519.spl] loaded, 442 bytes

ERROR: cannot convert spell_shield_icon_num or %spell_shield_icon_num% to an integer

ERROR: [spwi519.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

get errors when i try installing the newest version of SR

What other mods do you have installed/please post your WeiDU.log? On which game are you trying to install? Could you please do a --change-log for states.bam and statdesc.2da?

Could you please do a --change-log for states.bam and statdesc.2da?

PS, the linked post is very old, and when it says to overwrite the files with the ones provided in the archive, do not overwrite the weidu.exe with the archives one, as it's very old version, and it gives bad prints. You have newer one in your EE game folder, and every one of the setup-modname.exe's are one.

Could you please do a --change-log for states.bam and statdesc.2da?

PS, the linked post is very old, and when it says to overwrite the files with the ones provided in the archive, do not overwrite the weidu.exe with the archives one, as it's very old version, and it gives bad prints. You have newer one in your EE game folder, and every one of the setup-modname.exe's are one.

It's the only --change-log tutorial AFAIK (if you post a new one I'll be grateful), so I link users to it... I know, I suck.

(if you post a new one I'll be grateful)

Yeah, I know, I have meant to do that for two, three years... but there's so much things to go over and change... throw away. And I need to do the whole thing from scratch.

I link to it too, and most of the time add an approx of the message above... you are actually very helpful... as I try.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Appending to files ...

ERROR: cannot convert spell_shield_icon_num or %spell_shield_icon_num% to an integer

On which game are you trying to install?

This is the main question, I think.

Crevs, if you wanna handle it, that variable needs default value, probably differing between game platforms.

Frankly, I'm not overly concerned about RR faltering on PfMW - the moment Improved Haste has been changed not to double APR (more than a year ago), Rogue Rebalancing AI will falter.
Part of Selina (sorceress) script:
CheckStat("RR#GROK",0,IMPROVEDHASTE). // Selina will now repeatedly cast Imp.Haste on Grok. :wavey:
IIRC I mentioned it earlier at some point, but don't remember any details.
There will be detection issues if Slow/Haste/Imp Haste do not set the relevant state. It's not limited to RR either, it would likely affect SCS and BP as well, and even original AI in vanilla/EE. I think we can live with Imp Haste acting as normal Haste, but STATE_SLOW and STATE_HASTE need to be preserved in some way. As for the stacking with Boots of Speed, maybe just set the fixed movement rate for Haste? Similar to how cleric STR buffs can lower (can they actually?) the value, if it was higher than what spell sets it to.
PfMW
I mentioned the concern about normal weapons to aVENGER, and he said it's not a big deal if SR changes the behavior - he's got Wisp to do the dirty work on enhancing compatibility :)
That said, I do understand why some see normal weapons as a legal counter, but it still doesn't address the matter of AI blissfully ignoring the fact - RR is just a droplet in a sea, it doesn't change the AI response on a global scale. And worse, it's not just a matter of AI itself, but also the enemy equipment. And for the record, I personally find it weird to loot two sets of weapons, if they were to carry both normal and enchanted.
Besides, as I said above, I don't advocate irreversible change, only the default/assumed behavior when it comes to balancing - the .ini settings can be easily updated to include the normal immunity option, like any other controversial change.
Edited by Ardanis

Similar to how cleric STR buffs can lower (can they actually?) the value, if it was higher than what spell sets it to.

Yes they can, the thing of course is at which position the effect is applied at, the spell thing is easy as the spells stat bonuses are really the last to be applied. On items though, it gets a little more tricky.

Appending to files ...

bgee and bg2ee ver 1.3xxxx i have tried with clean installs and modded installs that have previously worked no problem . with the previous (older than 6 days) drop box version of SR .i suspect the issue is that i used the drop box link since i wiped my whole dir and lost the pervious SR beta v4 and dl.d a verrsion of SR 4beta that was ul'd 6 days ago.. as it hasnt been announced i suspect that was a faulty in some fashion UL.. so what i really need is a feb 9th or whatever the previous beta was or link to dl it.. sincew i know from usde that doesnt throw off install errors..

Edited by bradinmemph

Appending to files ...

Crevs, if you wanna handle it, that variable needs default value, probably differing between game platforms.

Actually it also depends whether the BG2 Fixpack is installed (but it uses set values (I think, I tested in all my installs and seems to be 73 in all of them that have the BG2 Fixpack) so it doesn't change much) too.

I've added a ``check'' (a SET command (ab)using the ?: operator) in case the variable isn't set/read an STR_VAR (IS_AN_INT var), setting to 73 if the BG2 Fixpack is installed/game is Enhanced Edition and to 123 (the supposed portrait icon for Spell Shield on vanilla BG2:ToB) in other cases.

(if you post a new one I'll be grateful)

Yeah, I know, I have meant to do that for two, three years... but there's so much things to go over and change... throw away. And I need to do the whole thing from scratch.

I link to it too, and most of the time add an approx of the message above... you are actually very helpful... as I try.

If you get to it tell me and I'll send you a way of doing the same on Unix-like/POSIX operative systems... Otherwise I have to instruct those people too. :schimpf:

Appending to files ...

bgee and bg2ee ver 1.3xxxx i have tried with clean installs and modded installs that have previously worked no problem . with the previous (older than 6 days) drop box version of SR .i suspect the issue is that i used the drop box link since i wiped my whole dir and lost the pervious SR beta v4 and dl.d a verrsion of SR 4beta that was ul'd 6 days ago.. as it hasnt been announced i suspect that was a faulty in some fashion UL.. so what i really need is a feb 9th or whatever the previous beta was or link to dl it.. sincew i know from usde that doesnt throw off install errors..

OK. I've already sent Demi the modified file that will do the job. Edited by CrevsDaak

Kreso: in RR couldn't you just replace the stat check of Improved Haste with Haste and then have it work as intended without getting caught up on the haste blocks? Looking through the other scripts it seems the sorceress script is the only one that checks for improved haste status, the rest are just haste and applying improved haste through reallyforcespell.

Edited by zenblack

Kreso: in RR couldn't you just replace the stat check of Improved Haste with Haste and then have it work as intended without getting caught up on the haste blocks? Looking through the other scripts it seems the sorceress script is the only one that checks for improved haste status, the rest are just haste and applying improved haste through reallyforcespell.

I can tweak the scripts, but I don't really use RR for my game.

Swaping Imp.Haste for Haste won't help it (STATE is removed from both spells). The easiest fix would be to set the casting of the spell on a timer, rather than statecheck.

no pressure any eta on a working UL for spell rev vr 4 or a link to the prev ver? seriously not a push just seeking info.. or if its going to be a while... someone can email me or link me the previous SR4 beta*the one from before 6 days ago.. the previous version i know works..

Edited by bradinmemph

Sorry guys if I'm not participating to all the discussions, I'll try to catch up later.

@brandinmemph the bad news is that you'll have to wait until tonight, around dinner, because I didn't managed to package all the stuff tonight (too many files involved, you'll see why). The good news is that you'll get all Animal Summoning spells from I to VII. ;)

Sorry guys if I'm not participating to all the discussions, I'll try to catch up later.

@brandinmemph the bad news is that you'll have to wait until tonight, around dinner, because I didn't managed to package all the stuff tonight (too many files involved, you'll see why). The good news is that you'll get all Animal Summoning spells from I to VII. ;)

i can live with that wohooo