SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

@412=~Obscuring Mist~ (arcane.tra)

@412=~Animal Summoning VII~ (divine.tra)

@402=~Grease (arcane)

@402=~Obscuring Mist~ (divine)

@406=~Burning Hands (arcane)

@406=~Animal Summoning III~ (divine)

Now why did u do that for? :)

:spanking: Bad Demi, bad Demi.

Still no clue what happened to Spell Shield patching code. I'll have to wait for Crevs (or Arda) for that.

A new build is up. I really need some feedback on summoned animals (keep in mind elementals will be very slightly nerfed, Aerial Servant in particular is OP) and on Animal Growth. The next build will refine these summons based on your feedback and add Magic Fang.

V4 - Beta 9 (10 March 2015)

- minor fixes (e.g. typos, few scroll targeting issues, Faerie Fire projectile, etc.)

- finally solved an issue with Dispel Fix component making EE trolls "immortal"

- restored a fix for Promenade cutscene (Irenicus Flame Arrow on PCs) which was not working on EE

- Animal Summoning I "moved" to druid's 1st lvl spells (summon rats)

- Obscuring Mist added to druid's 1st lvl spells, new icon

- Animal Summoning II "moved" to druid's 2nd lvl spells (summon war dogs)

- Animal Summoning III "moved" to druid's 3rd lvl spells (summon wolves)

- Animal Summoning IV added to druid's 4th lvl spells (summon leopards)

- Animal Summoning V added to druid's 5th lvl spells (summon giant snakes)

- Animal Growth (+4 STR and CON, +2 to AC and saves)

- Animal Summoning VI added to druid's 6th lvl spells (summon cave bears)

- Animal Summoning VII added to druid's 7th lvl spells (summon polar bears)

- Battering Ram now uses a new icon

- Haste (and Improved Haste) grants +8 speed instead of 200% (should give better animation)

- Dispelling Screen (player version) marked as SI:Abj

- Spell Shield fixes fully implemented

Can you explain what was fixed about dispel magic, dispelling screen an spell shield? I need to understand if i have to reinstall. CVan i reinstall on top of SR 4, SCS and tweakpack? Ill have to add the new spells to my character manually?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

"Dispel magic fix" was making trolls immortal on EE installs.

"Dispelling screen" wasn't being detected as SI:Abj by Detectable spells system.

"Spell Shield" wasn't protecting you from anything, and now it will protect you against unlimited ammount of spell protection removals (this is a bug of vanilla game, fix isn't implemented properly yet).

If you re-install "on top" of old SR version your game will un-install SCS, Tweaks, SR, then install new SR, then SCS & Tweaks again. Basically, you'll have to re-install everything either way.

im guessing SR4 rel9 is still messed up for the spell icons? for EEshould i wait for a fixed upload to install

I'll re-upload a fixed build within 1 hour. Unfortunately I know how to fix the first issue, but I'm not brave enough to touch Spell Shield patching code.

yeah i saw the dup numbering for first issue.. but havent played with the spell shield and thanks man sorry to play crash test dummy.. ill sit tight til you upload a fixd build btw any plans for mon sums 4-9 in next builds love to know what your thinking for that

"Dispel magic fix" was making trolls immortal on EE installs.

"Dispelling screen" wasn't being detected as SI:Abj by Detectable spells system.

"Spell Shield" wasn't protecting you from anything, and now it will protect you against unlimited ammount of spell protection removals (this is a bug of vanilla game, fix isn't implemented properly yet).

If you re-install "on top" of old SR version your game will un-install SCS, Tweaks, SR, then install new SR, then SCS & Tweaks again. Basically, you'll have to re-install everything either way.

But then, the game will reinstall SCS & tweaks automatically? sign me in lol ).

Hopefully someone will let us know when the spell shield is fixed so that we reinstall etc.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

yeah i saw the dup numbering for first issue.. but havent played with the spell shield and thanks man sorry to play crash test dummy.. ill sit tight til you upload a fixd build btw any plans for mon sums 4-9 in next builds love to know what your thinking for that

You are really unlucky man. Every build had its problems but not so annoying and persistent. That damn Spell Shield fix is giving troubles since like the last 3 builds.

Anyway, you'll probably see a first draft of MSI-IX spells within the next build. I'll post more infos soon.

@geg_Ma3gau, I'll let you know, but it depends more on Crevs than me. Sorry.

You are really unlucky man. Every build had its problems but not so annoying and persistent. That damn Spell Shield fix is giving troubles since like the last 3 builds.

Anyway, you'll probably see a first draft of MSI-IX spells within the next build. I'll post more infos soon.

@geg_Ma3gau, I'll let you know, but it depends more on Crevs than me. Sorry.

and cool cool re MSX spells

Edited by bradinmemph

... but unfortunately Crevs still didn't answered my PM. :(

Hah, CrevsDaak's attention is divided into quite few projects now :worship: , so a little delay is inevitable, and should be understood.

Now why did u do that for? :)

I would suspect the old ... more than one (non-setup) .tra -file thing. :devil:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

CrevsDaak's attention is divided into quite few projects now :worship: , so a little delay is inevitable, and should be understood.

Well, considering my history I'm surely not going to put haste on Crevs. :D I'll re-upload the build immediately and then patiently wait for Crevs to fix Spell Shield.

Done.

... but unfortunately Crevs still didn't answered my PM. :(

Hah, CrevsDaak's attention is divided into quite few projects now :worship: , so a little delay is inevitable, and should be understood.

Also school (started this year yesterday) :rant: ... and that I haven't done that Maths homework yet... damn.

I'll fix the Spell Shield thing tomorrow, I have to go to sleep now (sorry!).

So, just to be clear whatever needed to be reuploaded has and you should not use the Spell Shield portion of the beta? Is the Spell Deflection working?

Yes, I re-uploaded the build yesterday night and afaik the only issue left to handle is Spell Shield, but unfortunately it's a big issue. Spell Deflections work fine, both vanilla and AoE version.

On second thought: I've re-uploaded the build 5 seconds ago. Until Crevs manages to fix Spell Shield I've disabled the patching code, this way Spell Shield should at least work as per vanilla. It's far from perfect, but at least not fully broken. :undecided:

Edited by Demivrgvs

Got a (relatively) minor bug with Shadow Door: maze-like effect forces a game-over if it manages to capture all members of the party at once (i.e., it's an instagib if charname is the only person in party). It behaves fine if there is anyone else in the party still not mazed.

Anyone cares to try and reproduce this? To test this simply start a new game with SR and SCS and go slap Firebead Elvenhair inside Candlekeep Inn, he should cast Shadow Door right away.

It might be not a SR's fault (and probably it isn't), since I have a ton of mods installed. Will test this on a clean install tomorrow if needed.

Edited by n-ghost