SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

more errors

inBG2EE SOA with fresh and imported druids AS1 fails critcally fails as in CTD .. as2-6 work great..

ohh and in AS3 under special attack,.. pack: for each war dog within 10 ft ..etc..+1 thaco..blah blah"

umm those are wolves not war dogs:)

just a typo in the desc

but as 1-4 work fine in BGEE now so thats something positive:P

Edited by bradinmemph

@ geg_Ma3gau

If you want to fix Spell Shield do the following:

1) open the file strategems/initial/initial.tpa with an editor

2) search for lines which say // Ardanis's Spell Shield patch

3) now change the line

ACTION_IF !demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

into

ACTION_IF demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

This will have SCS fix Spell shield even if SRv4 is installed.

And then run SR install, right?

Or scs install.

Btw how do you keep the old summon cacofiend spell instead of the death knight spell?

It's SCS that will be fixing Spell Shield, and SCS file you should be editing. Install SR as it is, comment out sppr703.spl and spwi707.spl if you don't want DKs from spell_rev/components/main_component.tpa. I wouldn't suggest that if you plan on using SCS - if SCS detects SR, it builds it's own summons from SR ones - which won't exist. I don't know what happens then.

After SR, install SCS (edit the file mentioned above before you run install on SCS).

inBG2EE SOA with fresh and imported druids AS1 fails critcally fails as in CTD .. as2-6 work great..

???:wallbash:

I cannot find any error within ASI files...

hey if the words war dog is there instead of wolves *re AS 4 for druids desc* and SoA and ToB As1 doesnmt work.. that really isnt too bad gonna wipe and do fresh install bg2ee and sr only to re test the as1 ctd error

SR goes before SCS.

To stop the summoning spell switch, you could find it in the main .tpa file (search for spwi707) and comment it out.

(EDIT - this was in response to geg_ma3gau, and I got super ninja'd)

Demi I don't remember if Imade this clear in whatever other discussion came up about these spells... but I hate to lose one of the three fiend-summoning spells. Is there no way to keep it? Maybe collapse Djinni and Efreet into one spell? I don't even know what the difference between them is, as far as tactics, but I know there is a greater and more interesting difference between them and Cacofiend.

Edited by subtledoctor

@ geg_Ma3gau

If you want to fix Spell Shield do the following:

1) open the file strategems/initial/initial.tpa with an editor

2) search for lines which say // Ardanis's Spell Shield patch

3) now change the line

ACTION_IF !demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

into

ACTION_IF demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

This will have SCS fix Spell shield even if SRv4 is installed.

And then run SR install, right?

Or scs install.

Btw how do you keep the old summon cacofiend spell instead of the death knight spell?

It's SCS that will be fixing Spell Shield, and SCS file you should be editing. Install SR as it is, comment out sppr703.spl and spwi707.spl if you don't want DKs from spell_rev/components/main_component.tpa. I wouldn't suggest that if you plan on using SCS - if SCS detects SR, it builds it's own summons from SR ones - which won't exist. I don't know what happens then.

After SR, install SCS (edit the file mentioned above before you run install on SCS).

Ok, that worked for me i tested it and the opponent mages removed my spell shield with secret word.

1 more question please do i need to make some sort of spellbook replacements using EE keeper on my existing savegames which had "old" bugged spellshield? I ve noticed there are at least 3 spell shields in the EE keeper spells browser.

1 more question please do i need to make some sort of spellbook replacements using EE keeper on my existing savegames which had "old" bugged spellshield? I ve noticed there are at least 3 spell shields in the EE keeper spells browser.

No, after you install SCS you get extra version of quite a few spells. It's what AI uses due to some engine issues (forgot what exactly, maybe something to do with sequencers or similar) - they're carbon copy of what is available to you. (or minorly modified - i.e. spell protections used by dragons don't play animations since it would look silly to have a dragon enveloped in a blue globe).

subtledoctor..

"Demi I don't remember if Imade this clear in whatever other discussion came up about these spells... but I hate to lose one of the three fiend-summoning spells. Is there no way to keep it? Maybe collapse Djinni and Efreet into one spell? I don't even know what the difference between them is, as far as tactics, but I know there is a greater and more interesting difference between them and Cacofiend."

+1^2 LOL i totally agree would like to keep the fiend summons

also re the spell shield fix

since its being worked out in thread for geg.. is it going to appear soon on a rebuild of SR?

djinni is majour air elem and efreet fire elem..

id like to keep both of those if poss

and demi still testing As1 and the others.. so far other than as1 failing critically CtD in SoA and ToB for bg2ee all looks good other wise

Edited by bradinmemph

Dispelling Screen

Since we apparently keep its DS stats unchanged, kill this in the main component:

LAF ds_altered_spell INT_VAR old_clone=142 new_clone=~-1~ STR_VAR file=~spwi590.spl~ END

and instead add this (once is enough):

APPEND_OUTER ~spell_rev/lib/ds_sr_extra.2da~ ~spwi510.SPL    282     1     6     142    n     A~

Spell Shield

Find spell_rev/lib/ardanis_spell_shield.tph file, open it in any text editor, and find near the beginning this piece of code

// DW code to detect what the icon for Spell Shield is (this is Fixpack-dependent)
COPY_EXISTING - statdesc.2da override
     COUNT_2DA_ROWS 2 rowcount
     FOR (i=2;i<rowcount;i=i+1) BEGIN
        READ_2DA_ENTRY i 1 2 stringnum
        PATCH_IF stringnum=26228 BEGIN
           READ_2DA_ENTRY i 0 2 spell_shield_icon_num
           SET i=rowcount
        END
     END
BUT_ONLY

Add this line

OUTER_SET spell_shield_icon_num = (MOD_IS_INSTALLED setup-bg2fixpack.tp2 0 || GAME_IS "bgee bg2ee iwdee") ? 73 : 123

just before the above mentioned code:

OUTER_SET spell_shield_icon_num = (MOD_IS_INSTALLED setup-bg2fixpack.tp2 0 || GAME_IS "bgee bg2ee iwdee") ? 73 : 123

// DW code to detect what the icon for Spell Shield is (this is Fixpack-dependent)
COPY_EXISTING - statdesc.2da override
     COUNT_2DA_ROWS 2 rowcount
     FOR (i=2;i<rowcount;i=i+1) BEGIN
        READ_2DA_ENTRY i 1 2 stringnum
        PATCH_IF stringnum=26228 BEGIN
           READ_2DA_ENTRY i 0 2 spell_shield_icon_num
           SET i=rowcount
        END
     END
BUT_ONLY

Edited by Ardanis

Frankly, right now I am terribly behind the train and out of the loop on what needs to be done and where. What I fixed was the

ERROR: cannot convert spell_shield_icon_num or %spell_shield_icon_num% to an integer

Whether something should be done with SCS, Kreso or somebody equally informed would know better than me.

AoE spells vs. Spell Deflection

Also, i might be mistaken but i think that item-cast AOE spells like the Namarra's silence ignore the "deflection protects against the AOE spells" option and goes through it.

It depends, are you talking about vanilla's 3/day Silence or IR "on hit" Silence? If it's the former, the code should be update to affect it yes (minor issue imo though as power lvls on them without IR were a random joke), if it's the latter than all of those spell-like effects have power lvl set to 0 on purpose and do not consume SD.

This may be significant because Namarra's silence is with -5 save penalty.