SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

Summon Death Knight

By the way. I ve just had that: a hostile mage cast summon demon knight and he actually summoned a bone fiend which i couldnt hurt with +3 Liliacor. Weird stuff?

Ehm...Death Knights should not be able to summon demons. It sounds like you installed aTweaks demons, but even then, no demon or devil should be immune to +3 weapons. No idea what going on.

Can you post you weidu-log?

Improved Invisibility

...you already know the bug about improved invis giving - 4 saves on bgee installs.

Yes I do. Say thanks to EE that turned it into a hardcoded "feature". :schimpf:

AoE spells vs. Spell Deflection

Also, i might be mistaken but i think that item-cast AOE spells like the Namarra's silence ignore the "deflection protects against the AOE spells" option and goes through it.

It depends, are you talking about vanilla's 3/day Silence or IR "on hit" Silence? If it's the former, the code should be update to affect it yes (minor issue imo though as power lvls on them without IR were a random joke), if it's the latter than all of those spell-like effects have power lvl set to 0 on purpose and do not consume SD.

Improved Invisibility

...you already know the bug about improved invis giving - 4 saves on bgee installs.

Say thanks to EE that turned it into a hardcoded "feature". :schimpf:

But you know, you could just always remove the feature with a +4 to saves effects, in the BGEE spell. :p

Summon Death Knight

By the way. I ve just had that: a hostile mage cast summon demon knight and he actually summoned a bone fiend which i couldnt hurt with +3 Liliacor. Weird stuff?

Ehm...Death Knights should not be able to summon demons. It sounds like you installed aTweaks demons, but even then, no demon or devil should be immune to +3 weapons. No idea what going on.

Can you post you weidu-log?

Improved Invisibility

Yes I do. Say thanks to EE that turned it into a hardcoded "feature". :schimpf:

AoE spells vs. Spell Deflection

Also, i might be mistaken but i think that item-cast AOE spells like the Namarra's silence ignore the "deflection protects against the AOE spells" option and goes through it.

It depends, are you talking about vanilla's 3/day Silence or IR "on hit" Silence? If it's the former, the code should be update to affect it yes (minor issue imo though as power lvls on them without IR were a random joke), if it's the latter than all of those spell-like effects have power lvl set to 0 on purpose and do not consume SD.

You got me wrong. The mage summoned a bone fiend, instead of the demon knight. The log showed summon death knight spell.

There were NO demon knights summoned de facto, but the spell was summon death knight and it actually resulted in a bone fiend. which couldnt be hit with liliacor +3. wtf?

let me post the weidu

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 7

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 7

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 7

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 7

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 7

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #70 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 7

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity to be placed into Contingencies and Spell Triggers: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2111 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3041 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Stores sell a maximum of 5 Arrows of Dispelling: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4215 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4218 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5030 // Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6023 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> All eligible spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal get HLAs; only selected casters in Shadows of Amn do: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6561 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have enhanced damage resistance; Illithids can see through invisibility (matches Tactics mod): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // More resilient trolls: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8041 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Significantly increased difficulty: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8141 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2092 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Level 30 Experience Point Cap: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2293 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table (Blucher): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Are Never Angry About Reputation: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3124 // Stop Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance from starting: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3130 // No Traps or Locks (Weimer): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3141 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Non-Silly Version: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v16

Edited by Demi to add spoiler tags.

Edited by Demivrgvs
The mage summoned a bone fiend, instead of the demon knight. The log showed summon death knight spell.

There were NO demon knights summoned de facto, but the spell was summon death knight and it actually resulted in a bone fiend. which couldnt be hit with liliacor +3. wtf?

With your weidu log the only thing I can say is...WTF?!? Seriously, I have no idea how a Bone Fiend could end up there without aTweaks, Refinements or anything similar.

Regarding your weidu-log...

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity to be placed into Contingencies and Spell Triggers: v30

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v16

- Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility is kinda redundant with SR imo

- do not install Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity, considering what SR does with SI it may only cause inconsistencies

- large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures are already immune to Web and Entangle within SR. I actually did many more similar tweaks within SR.

- SR already handles Magically Created Weapons

- Remove Delay for Magical Traps is redundant with SR (look who's the author of that tweak :D )

The mage summoned a bone fiend, instead of the demon knight. The log showed summon death knight spell.

With your weidu log the only thing I can say is...WTF?!? Seriously, I have no idea how a Bone Fiend could end up there without aTweaks, Refinements or anything similar.

Regarding your weidu-log...

- Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility is kinda redundant with SR imo

- do not install Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity, considering what SR does with SI it may only cause inconsistencies

- large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures are already immune to Web and Entangle within SR. I actually did many more similar tweaks within SR.

- SR already handles Magically Created Weapons

- Remove Delay for Magical Traps is redundant with SR (look who's the author of that tweak :D )

I have a suspicion about SCS. You know what, SCS uses diffirent level 7 fiend summon: nabassu(summon cacofiend). And it could be that the fiend summoned by the mages at least opponents depent on their alignment or something. This is really weird stuff ill have to reproduce it again to make sure but i ve seen it with my own eyes. and i couldnt hurt the fiend with +3

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

If it is not yet fixed, probably WiP (latest beta):

-Conjure Animals (SPPR604.SPL) don't work: missing BEARDISU.EFF

-Animal Summoning III (SPRA306.SPL), same as above

-Animal Growth (SPPR525.SPL) don't work: missing SPPR525.EFF (not installed)

-Animal Summoning III (SPPR320.SPL) don't work: missing WOLFSU.EFF (not installed)

Thanks!

Edited by Mad Mate
Obscuring Mist: Hotkey BAM is wrong, uses the old Blindness one. Also scroll cast is set to self and not target.

Fixed.

-Conjure Animals (SPPR604.SPL) don't work: missing BEARDISU.EFF

-Animal Summoning III (SPRA306.SPL), same as above

-Animal Growth (SPPR525.SPL) don't work: missing SPPR525.EFF (not installed)

-Animal Summoning III (SPPR320.SPL) don't work: missing WOLFSU.EFF (not installed)

- this spell is disabled but it's best to keep it working just in case the AI uses it

- ops, the other two Beastmaster spells are broken too because they were not updated :D

- fixed

- fixed

Thanks guys. I'll re-upload the build asap.

Edit: Done. Beastmaster spells are a bit odd now that every druid and ranger get AS spells at low levels. As a temporary solution it gets a lesser version of ASIV, ASV and ASVI. Those variants summon a single animal (a single leopard as a 1st lvl spell is still kinda good imo).

Edited by Demivrgvs

I was just going to post about the non-working spells but it looks like MM got to them. Obscuring mist also still in Cleric/Paladin spellbook but not in Rangers, if you didn't catch that.

Fixed.

moved to its own topic as the problem is more convoluted than i first thought..

read as1-3 are scerwed..please!! its funny/sad /maddening.. or something..LOL

Fixed.

I'll re-upload asap.

EDIT: done.

Edited by Demivrgvs

@ geg_Ma3gau

If you want to fix Spell Shield do the following:

1) open the file strategems/initial/initial.tpa with an editor

2) search for lines which say // Ardanis's Spell Shield patch

3) now change the line

ACTION_IF !demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

into

ACTION_IF demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

This will have SCS fix Spell shield even if SRv4 is installed.

Well, unless you plan on exploiting Spell Shield issues (e.g. god mode cheat vs beholders) even vanilla's Spell Shield can be acceptable for now imo, but yeah, Kreso's solution is better.

Why Arda's code works on SCS and not on his own mod is still a mystery beyond my comprehension.

@ geg_Ma3gau

If you want to fix Spell Shield do the following:

1) open the file strategems/initial/initial.tpa with an editor

2) search for lines which say // Ardanis's Spell Shield patch

3) now change the line

ACTION_IF !demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

into

ACTION_IF demivrgvs_v4 BEGIN

This will have SCS fix Spell shield even if SRv4 is installed.

And then run SR install, right?

Or scs install.

Btw how do you keep the old summon cacofiend spell instead of the death knight spell?