SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

A new build is up. I really need some feedback on summoned animals (keep in mind elementals will be very slightly nerfed, Aerial Servant in particular is OP) and on Animal Growth. The next build will refine these summons based on your feedback and add Magic Fang.

V4 - Beta 9 (10 March 2015)
- minor fixes (e.g. typos, few scroll targeting issues, Faerie Fire projectile, etc.)
- finally solved an issue with Dispel Fix component making EE trolls "immortal"
- restored a fix for Promenade cutscene (Irenicus Flame Arrow on PCs) which was not working on EE
- Animal Summoning I "moved" to druid's 1st lvl spells (summon rats)
- Obscuring Mist added to druid's 1st lvl spells, new icon
- Animal Summoning II "moved" to druid's 2nd lvl spells (summon war dogs)
- Animal Summoning III "moved" to druid's 3rd lvl spells (summon wolves)
- Animal Summoning IV added to druid's 4th lvl spells (summon leopards)
- Animal Summoning V added to druid's 5th lvl spells (summon giant snakes)
- Animal Growth (+4 STR and CON, +2 to AC and saves)
- Animal Summoning VI added to druid's 6th lvl spells (summon cave bears)
- Animal Summoning VII added to druid's 7th lvl spells (summon polar bears)
- Battering Ram now uses a new icon
- Haste (and Improved Haste) grants +8 speed instead of 200% (should give better animation)
- Dispelling Screen (player version) marked as SI:Abj
- Spell Shield fixes fully implemented

okay so now???? LOl just kidding it works looks good love the animal summons running a druid now so will play around with it for balance .. i know its tyhe most pain in butt part of process but any idea about the other Mon summs?4-9

also when creating a mage the first few lvl one mage spell icons at the selection screen seem to be messed up burning hands icon says animal summons III one of the icons says obscuring mist but the scroll says something bout rats.. a one icon says animal summons iV a couple say nothing.. this is all top row of 1st lvl spells icons unmodded except for spell rev..release 9 same errors for sorcerer..

Edited by bradinmemph

i dont know how else to explain it.. using fresh DLs of the latest bgee and bg2ee when i create a mage or sorcerer in clean only spell rev modded bg/2ee the top row of first lvl spell picks seems to be messed up.. the rest of the rows and other lvls are fine like the "labels/txt offset was messed .. and its showing animal summons XXX icon labels dont know how better to describe it..

and once selected and in game they remain messed up...its just the first /top row of 1st lvl mage spells at creation/selection but they remain affected in game for sorcerer too it shows the know align icon no label shows the identify icon says true strike shows the grease icon says obscuring mist another one shows burning hands icon says animal summoning III

when i do creation with unmodded bgee/2ee none of these errors occur so can only assume spell rev is throwing off text and icon offsets

Edited by bradinmemph

also and this may be nothing have animal growth bespelt creatures been taken into account for the larger creatures ignore some entanglment effects per SCS? dont know if animal growth

upgrades the size class of creature or not as part of its mechanics.or just gives a stat boost

Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures immunity to Web and Entangle under scs gameplay tweaks..

Edited by bradinmemph

been taken into account for the larger creatures ignore some entanglment effects per SCS?

It's just a stat bonus, besides it would have to be gigantic(as in the size of a giant, ettin, or similar) for the animal to be effected, and that's not what you are summoning here, unless I am totally off.

Thank you for the update, demi! By the way, I think increasing damage, thac0, and hp seems working better for the Animal Growth. The STR/CON bonus might not give few merit for lower level animals such as rats, because those would have a few STR and CON. For example, if we assume the rats have 10STR and 10CON, the +4 buff would bring nothing in vanilla.

You could use your imagination a bit and answer this: Is it better to cast a level 1 summoning spell and then give it a level 5 boost, or cast a level 5 summon and then give it level 1 boost, I would argue that the later is always better, unless the level 1 boost ends up nerfing the summoned creatures in stats. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I'm not at home and I cannot check it. Can anyone else reproduce the issue?

Yes, something's messed up. I can't look for it now

Oh, and Spell Shield fix doesn't work. Nothing gets patched, nor spell removals nor Spell Shield.

WTF is going on?!? :schimpf: @Kreso, is it EE only or what? Regardless, can you try to comment out the following from the main tp2 to check if that's the source of the new issues? I'll be back at home within a couple of hours but unfortunately Crevs still didn't answered my PM. :(

INCLUDE ~spell_rev\lib\ardanis_spell_shield.tph~
LAF ardanis_spell_shield END

I can't check if it's EE specific (game in progress) - my guess not.

Spell shield doesn't have anything to do with it. It affects only the first row of selected spells on chargen screen - same issue arises if you cast the messed up spells in game, wrong strings are displayed.

This seems to be messed up;

@412=~Obscuring Mist~ (arcane.tra)

@412=~Animal Summoning VII~ (divine.tra)

@402=~Grease (arcane)

@402=~Obscuring Mist~ (divine)

@406=~Burning Hands (arcane)

@406=~Animal Summoning III~ (divine)

Now why did u do that for? :)