SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

...and stuff I'm not fully convinced (e.g. I "removed" Dispel Magic and renamed Remove Magic as such)

This instead is something that I am very convinced of so I do hope your next build will include it.

Edited by Salk

I've reverted to the last stable build and added only a few things from my insanely messed up one. For the big update you'll have to wait a bit more, but only a bit, I promise. :devlook:

V4 - Beta 11 (5 December 2015)
- Improve EE support by converting text to UTF-8
- Add support for EET
- Update to WeiDU 238
- various fixes (e.g. typos, string references, bams, etc.)
- Break Enchantment casting time from 3/4 (cleric/mage respectively) to 5, range from touch to short (10')
- Dispel Magic merged with Remove Magic, party-friendly AoE reduced from 30' radius to 20'
- Haste's fatigue effect prevents further use of Haste or Improved Haste until expired
- Spell Shield no longer absorbs multiple Pierce Magic/RRoR/Pierce Shield
- Pierce Shield now removes specific protections too

Here's some bug reports.
(I'm not good at English. So please be good to understand my awkward English)

Doom (sppr113): School is set to Enchantment (should be Alteration)

Holy Smite (sppr313): Duration of blindness is set to 0

Paladin's Summon Fallen Deva (spcl935): (SR's) description Link is missed

Resist Elements (spwi225): 'Protection From Spell' opcode's Resource is set to SPPR210 (should be spwi225). So it's possible to cast cumulatively now.

Simulacrum (spwi804): In case of Single Class, It has only 50% of the level of the Caster. Not 60%

And I suggest to use 'Removal: Effects specified by Resource [321]' opcode rather than 'Spell: Protection from Spell [206]' on Buff/Debuff spells, if that's possible. (as EE)

Thanks for modding!

Edited by Blackmaff

Doom (sppr113): School is set to Enchantment (should be Alteration)

It's only a typo (fixed now thanks). Enchantment is the intended school considering the Sphere is Charm.

Holy Smite (sppr313): Duration of blindness is set to 0

Thanks for pointing it out, there's actually a bigger issue with the spell (only for caster lvl 1-5). I'll fix both right away.

Paladin's Summon Fallen Deva (spcl935): (SR's) description Link is missed

SR doesn't touch spcl935, is that supposed to be for Fallen Paladin or Black Guard?

Resist Elements (spwi225): 'Protection From Spell' opcode's Resource is set to SPPR210 (should be spwi225). So it's possible to cast cumulatively now.

Fixed thanks.

Simulacrum (spwi804): In case of Single Class, It has only 50% of the level of the Caster. Not 60%.

The opcode is hardcoded.

And I suggest to use 'Removal: Effects specified by Resource [321]' opcode rather than 'Spell: Protection from Spell [206]' on Buff/Debuff spells, if that's possible. (as EE)

That's EE-only though, and SR needs to work on both original and EE. :/

Edited by Demivrgvs

Sunscorch seems a little overpowered. For reference, I've been playing with both SR and IWDification. Since it helps to frame the issue, I'm using these with my sphere mod. The low-level spells in the sphere of Light are Faerie Fire, Sunscorch, Alicorn Lance, and Glitterdust.

- Faerie Fire: 1st level, single-target AC penalty

- Sunscorch: 1st level, single-target damage + save or Blindness

- Alicorn Lance: 2nd level, single-target damage + AC penalty

- Glitterdust: 2nd level, AoE cancel invisibility + save or Blindness

Power-wise, Sunscorch is on par with Alicorn Lance. Faerie Fire seems underpowered and I have not found any reason to memorize it in recent playthroughs.

Suggestions: either 1) move Sunscorch to 2nd level (this is probably contra PnP but balance-wise, in these games, it works well there); alternatively 2) buff Faerie Fire.

One option for the latter is to buff the effects: maybe add a negative luck effect so damage dice are higher etc. Probably a better idea is to give it a small AoE - I would have it work like Hold Person, you cast it on one target and other nearby enemies must save or also be affected. The spell description says the light is too weak to blind so it would function like a weaker Glitterdust.

Edited by subtledoctor

Sunscorch seems a little overpowered. ...

Faerie Fire seems underpowered... give it a small AoE - I would have it work like Hold Person, you cast it on one target and other nearby enemies must save or also be affected. The spell description says the light is too weak to blind so it would function like a weaker Glitterdust.

The Faerie Fire you are talking about isn't SR's one because it already works like you are suggesting (very small AoE - exactly like Hold Person). I also made it work as a lesser Glitterdust as per PnP. :)

Sunscorch is a bit too good yes, but not OP thanks to its relatively long casting time. I think I have to balance its dmg output a little bit and it will be fine.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Sunscorch seems a little overpowered. ...

Faerie Fire seems underpowered... give it a small AoE - I would have it work like Hold Person, you cast it on one target and other nearby enemies must save or also be affected. The spell description says the light is too weak to blind so it would function like a weaker Glitterdust.

The Faerie Fire you are talking about isn't SR's one because it already works like you are suggesting (very small AoE - exactly like Hold Person). I also made it work as a lesser Glitterdust as per PnP. :)

Sunscorch is a bit too good yes, but not OP thanks to its relatively long casting time. I think I have to balance its dmg output a little bit and it will be fine.

D'oh! Maybe I haven't read the description closely enough? At least my thoughts are in line with what SR actually does!

As for Sunscorch, perhaps just giving a save bonus or something, or... oo! or this: making the Blindness be very short duration at low levels. Like 1 round per 3 levels. That way it's not too powerful at very low levels, but stays useful as you progress higher.

Also something weird in the new Dispel Magic description (and by the way, Identify has still a bad, fourth wall breaking description too):

The base chance of successfully dispelling is 50%. For every level that the caster of Remove Magic is above the level of the magic he is trying to dispel, his chance of success increases by 5%. For every level that the caster of Dispel Magic is below the level of the magic he attempts to dispel, his chance of success decreases by 10%.

I suggest to substitute the part in bold with "the spell".

There is also still reference to Remove Magic in the description of the Summon Death Knight, Gate and Summon Fiend spells.

PS - Sorry for posting this in the wrong place!

Edited by Salk
As for Sunscorch, perhaps just giving a save bonus or something, or... oo! or this: making the Blindness be very short duration at low levels. Like 1 round per 3 levels. That way it's not too powerful at very low levels, but stays useful as you progress higher.

Blindness lasts only 1 round right now. It could be extended to 2-3 but not more imo. Sunscorch already deals a good amount of damage, and Blindness was almost OP by itself as a 1st lvl spell.

@Salk, I forgot about it sorry ( :spanking: bad Demi, bad) can you point me out to your suggested description again? I fixed the typo on Dispel Magic thanks.