SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

It is more obvious in the spell book than the UI spell bar.

Here's are a few screenshots of what I'm seeing.

The difference is easier to notice in Acid Sheath:

mGlrjm1.png

Mind Blank is less so:

9hL59wk.png

The vanilla icons have a slightly greener hue it seems.

Also since Mike said that it quite probably is an 1PP issue I do have a slightly different for Spell Turning, but not the rest:

lr0kkPP.png

Strange thing on the AI-only Greater Deflection is using the old icon, so it's not overwritten.

And since we are on the issue of icons, why does SRv4 messes up with re-arranging icons so much? Why use GoI for Spell Shield and Spell Turning for GoI? It's needlessly confusing for already established icons. Unless it was some strange complication on my install.

Edited by cipher

I use LadeJarl's GUI (I have a custom version which replaces the poor BGT starting screen with one made by my wife, real nice...) and I can confirm it blends very well with the look of the spell icons.

Edited by Salk

and we have 256 colors

Actually 32 per icon, minus a few(2)... but you also have a 255 red by 255 green by 255 blue by 255 shade palette under that, which makes the color choises, erhm remarkable plenty. So not just 256 colors, but about 4 billion colors. Yep. This is because the the palette is the compressing color element of the .bam file.

I have thought about unified GUI across all EE engines, but that would be quite monumental project.

The EET already has one, at least I think it does, the BG2EE one, and with the v1.4 update, you can customize it as you like.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hi, I'm also interested in beta-testing, particularly for the BG2 part.

If not possible for whatever reason, I will be doing my own revisions, in which case do you mind if I draw some inspiration from your work? And by "draw inspiration" I mean "blatantly rip-off certain ideas". ;) For personal use, of course.

Edited by Laofen

I would love to join the beta test if that is possible.

I'd also love to join the beta for my new BGT play through.

Hi, I'm also interested in beta-testing, particularly for the BG2 part.

PMs sent. :)

I have a new buid almost ready since ages but I never find the time to package it guys sorry. :( I'll try to finish it tomorrow but I cannot promise anything because RL is sucking all my time.

Edited by Demivrgvs

A-ha! So it isn't a local issue on my end. I can second that the scroll of MSVII (not on spellbook though) has the wrong strref.

And taking a look just a moment ago it has the correct description on the "General description" field, but a random one in the "Identified description".

Speaking of which on a cursory glance I saw most scrolls are using the identified as proper and have general at -1, while many summoning spells (presumably from atweaks) have both fields with the same strref. No harm done, just a heads up in case that's ever useful.