SubtleMods: NPC_EE - in-game customization for NPCs

I’m saying it is not intended to replicate that. The Character Generation process, IIRC, gives you spells according to your spell table, at whatever level you are. Or something like that? But once you are in the game you have to learn spells from scrolls. (Try a party with 2-3 mages in IWD to feel the pain of scroll scarcity.)

This item gives you two spells per level every time you gain new spell levels, on an ongoing basis, similar to what later editions of D&D give you.

The number is not supposed to match up to anything; two spells just seems like a minimum to give you some useful options, while retaining the excitement of finding spells on scrolls.

EDIT - see that’s the kind of thing where, it is here because I developed it with this mod. But I probably ought to break it away and put it somewhere else…

Edited by subtledoctor
14 hours ago, Lurker said:

I can confirm that this bug still applies to/with version 5.9.9.

I fixed this, and fixed it again (assuming a regression), and double-checked my fix, and… in my own current install yess, the bug is still there. 

I looked at the scripts, and they all seem fine. And then, finally, I go to the IESDP and see this:

Detects fighters (and monks)

:mad:

Okay this is really (finally) fixed locally. I have like 1-2 more things to do before I can upload all my major mod updates. I can’t decide whether to do some basic tests and release them, or to make an install on my iPad and go all the way through TOB before releasing the updates. In the latter case they would not be released until sometime in 2024. (It takes me ~5-6 months to play the whole game.) In the latter case I will release this fix earlier.

An install error:

//ERROR: error loading [npc_ee/data/csp/d5_dlg.cre]
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [NPC class/stat/kit choices], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall 1055 files for [npc_ee\npc_ee.tp2] component 2000.
//Uninstalled    1055 files for [npc_ee\npc_ee.tp2] component 2000.
//ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "npc_ee/data/csp/d5_dlg.cre")

I can't find any data/csp folder nor a d5_dlg.cre anywhere, except for a line in npc_changes.tpa that has "~%MOD_FOLDER%/data/csp/d5_dlg.cre~"

The last two choices, "4. Change proficiencies / 5. No change", appear to be inverted. If I select #4, then I get a message "This will take a few moments, please be patient...", but nothing seems to happen. If I select #5, I get the same message then a further dialog "1. Remove weapon proficiencies and choose new ones / 2. No change". HOWEVER, if I choose either option, nothing happens. My weapon proficiencies remain unchanged.

Addendum: I'm using the EEex component "Timer module - Show contingencies". If I select "5. No change", then choose "2. No change" from the change proficiencies dialog, nothing appears to happen BUT I get a green bar next to my character portrait. This green bar continuously shrinks and resets itself, so something appears to be going on. The green bar doesn't appear if I choose the option "1. Remove weapon proficiencies...".

Edited by Terminus Est
On 10/21/2023 at 9:59 PM, Terminus Est said:

The last two choices, "4. Change proficiencies / 5. No change", appear to be inverted. If I select #4, then I get a message "This will take a few moments, please be patient...", but nothing seems to happen. If I select #5, I get the same message then a further dialog "1. Remove weapon proficiencies and choose new ones / 2. No change". HOWEVER, if I choose either option, nothing happens. My weapon proficiencies remain unchanged.

Addendum: I'm using the EEex component "Timer module - Show contingencies". If I select "5. No change", then choose "2. No change" from the change proficiencies dialog, nothing appears to happen BUT I get a green bar next to my character portrait. This green bar continuously shrinks and resets itself, so something appears to be going on. The green bar doesn't appear if I choose the option "1. Remove weapon proficiencies...".

Whew, thanks for reporting that! It was all a bit complicated (there is a lot going on behind the scenes in this mod), but I untangled it and fixed all that in version 6.2.

I'm not sure about that shrinking green bar; the ability summons an invisible creature to do the dialogue, so maybe it is the summoning? (I can't use EEex, but in this version 6.2 I had Imoen choose "no change" at the dialogue, and then saved the game and looked at her .CRE file in the savegame - there was no extraneous contingency effect or anything like that.)

Edited by subtledoctor

In my preliminary testing, I am pleased to report that all the issues in my previous report appear to have been resolved, including the weird contingency issue.

I was also going to report that the innate ability to restore  level 1 weapon proficiencies was missing, but that's also been resolved. This is great!

I think I'm going to reset my current run to include this latest update. (I'm only up to the Nashkel mines, so no big loss.)

1 hour ago, Terminus Est said:

I think I'm going to reset my current run to include this latest update. (I'm only up to the Nashkel mines, so no big loss.)

Should be no need - assuming this is installed at/near the end of your order, you should be able to uninstall/reinstall it and the updated .ITM/BCS/DLG files will work properly in the same savegame. (This is not always safe to do, but in this case it should be.)

8 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Should be no need - assuming this is installed at/near the end of your order, you should be able to uninstall/reinstall it and the updated .ITM/BCS/DLG files will work properly in the same savegame. (This is not always safe to do, but in this case it should be.)

Even better. Thanks!