SubtleMods: NPC_EE - in-game customization for NPCs

@subtledoctor I've noticed two issues so far while doing a full playthrough with this mod.

All characters that go through this process are being given an extra 2 HP to their maximum pool that they shouldn't be getting. It's probably the 2 HP the mod gives them when they are set to level 0. If it's anything like ee keeper you should be able to set the current HP to 2 and not their maximum HP and this will avoid the issue entire since it won't carry over once they level.

The other issue is that it seems the first level of thief points is not accounted for. Changing someone into a thief will get them the 25 points but they are missing the other 15.

Edited by NdranC
17 hours ago, GawainBS said:

Does it work with mod-added NPCs? I seem to recall it does.

Yes. 

On 6/5/2023 at 10:51 PM, NdranC said:

All characters that go through this process are being given an extra 2 HP

Yes. Trying to remove 2 hp is only likely to add complexity and bugs. I seem to recall setting current hp to 2 and max hp to 0 caused problems. Setting hp to less than 2 causes problems (some NPCs are scripted to freak out at 1 hp). In short, this is the most expedient way to recalculate hit points. If you use normal hp rolls, you will be well within the normal range of rolls. If you use max hp every level-up then you are already scamming ~30 extra hp, so 2 more won’t make a difference. 

In short, the 2 hp is the most expedient way for the mod to do what it needs to, and perfecting it would involve a lot of effort and potential bugs for very little benefit. 

Yeah I think it’s an interaction between the new version of the Marksman kit and the MnG multiclass bards. 

Maybe? Wait, the Marksman is a thief kit now… actually I don’t think that is a problem. I can’t see why this would be happening. If it affects casting from scrolls but not learning, maybe it’s something to do with Use Magical Device. Depends on what version of that you are using. Or it could just be some random other mod affecting item usability? Hard to say. 

EDIT - are you using the MnG feats system? I bet I forgot to update that version of UMD to the newer/better code. That could cause this… possibly. 

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest Agiliz

Anyone ever use this mod along with rogue rebalancing mod? I wonder if I use this mod to change an NPC to a mage/swashbuckler, would it use fighter THACO progression as intended by rogue rebalancing?

The fundamental way this mod's changes work is by resetting the characters to level 0 and allowing you to change their classes and level them up as you desire. That's fully compatible with any rule changes regarding what the various classes and kits do.

I suppose using this with sg_multikit is a Bad Idea? I want to combine some kits for FMT and FMC for some npc changes (imoen basically for a siblings only game, saverok not invited), so I need that mod ability to combine kits HLA and powers but I'm not sure it can assign those program made kits to triple class npcs instead of just pcs on the chargen?

Edited by SCO

I am using Skills and Abilities to get lock picking and trap detection for bards, with the aim of turning Imoen into a Jester.  Unfortunately after installing NPC-EE, I can no longer set lore in effects for ANY character in the party.  I can go in to EE Keeper and see that the pre-existing setting I had for my avatar is gone.  I can set it for both that and Imoen (Ch1 right after she joins the party),  save that, close EE Keeper, run it again and re-open the file I just saved and the settings are there in effects.  Open it in BGEE, check skills, and its gone for both characters.  Save that file, open it in EE Keeper, and the effect has been deleted out of the effects list for both characters.  I can set the parameter but it does not persist.