IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Hi Bartimaeus,

I have found strange things concerning scrolls of protection and 1 typo in tra file :

• SCRL04.spl protection from cold protects from SPPR418.SPL (Giant Insect)
  • SCRL05.spl protection from fire protects from SPPR216.SPL (Cure Moderate Wounds)
  • SCRL07.spl protection from magic protects from :
    • SPWI213.SPL (Stinking Cloud)
    • SPPR302.SPL (Call Lightning)
    • SPPR304.SPL (Glyph of Warding)
    • SPWI502.SPL (Cloud Kill)
    • SPWI614.SPL (Death Fog)
    • SPPR705.SPL (Fire Storm)
    • SPWI712.SPL (Delayed Blast Fireball)
    • SPWI810.SPL (Incendiary Cloud)
    • SPWI911.SPL (Meteor Swarm)
  • Grandmaster's Armor +5 description states AC=3; real AC is 1

Anyway, Thanks for the last update.

1 hour ago, TotoR said:

Hi Bartimaeus,

I have found strange things concerning scrolls of protection and 1 typo in tra file :

• SCRL04.spl protection from cold protects from SPPR418.SPL (Giant Insect)
  • SCRL05.spl protection from fire protects from SPPR216.SPL (Cure Moderate Wounds)
  • SCRL07.spl protection from magic protects from :
    • SPWI213.SPL (Stinking Cloud)
    • SPPR302.SPL (Call Lightning)
    • SPPR304.SPL (Glyph of Warding)
    • SPWI502.SPL (Cloud Kill)
    • SPWI614.SPL (Death Fog)
    • SPPR705.SPL (Fire Storm)
    • SPWI712.SPL (Delayed Blast Fireball)
    • SPWI810.SPL (Incendiary Cloud)
    • SPWI911.SPL (Meteor Swarm)
  • Grandmaster's Armor +5 description states AC=3; real AC is 1

Anyway, Thanks for the last update.

Grandmaster's Armor +5 applies Improved Haste, which gives an additional +2 bonus to AC not considered to be a part of its base AC bonus.

Will look into the scroll problems, thank you. Because of SR adding and shuffling around some spells, I might have to make it so SRR fixes some of these IR scrolls upon SRR being installed.

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 7/21/2017 at 10:53 PM, Bartimaeus said:
  • Infinity Animations (main component)
  • Infinity Animations (secondary components)

Thing is, the Infinity Animation mod requires .tp2 editing near line 4415 to allow this.

I'll note that I've request help to solve this.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Wow. You've even been doing IRR alongside SRR? Let me join in on the fun! Great stuff.

In your OP you noted the Installation Order, and when Infinity Animations main component and IA secondary components should be installed. I've been browsing through a recent thread by Ser Thomas where he's having some installation problems to get your mod to work. I'm not really savvy, but there was a proposed solution that infinityanimations-b5.rar be modified in .tp2 level, specifically in the line number 4419, which should be quoted out to enable the installation of the zero component independently. Does it make sense? Would you give it a quick peek?

@you & @Ser Thomas

You may do that - the mod should really have some kind of fix applied to it as it seems to be a very terrible practice to forcibly install a component like that. Alternatively, if it has already installed itself, you can simply go into your weidu.log, and find the following line..:

~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5

...and delete it entirely before attempting to re-run the Infinity Animations setup.exe to install all the other components. That way, it doesn't attempt to remove itself (and thereby removing all other components you installed in the meanwhile). It will install itself again after you've installed all your other Infinity Animations components, but it is harmless for it to install itself again, since it only looks for and corrects occurrences of a specific problem(s), so it's okay to stack its installation.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Thanks Bartimaeus!

@FixTesteR if you want to edit the TP2 file, I also had to remove the line starting with FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT to stop the automatic installation. So the paragraph in my tp2 file now looks like this:

//! Creature References /////////////////////////////////////////////////////
BEGIN @105 //Creature References
//FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT @104 (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0) //Fix Areas
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 @26 //This component requires the main component.
//INSTALL_BY_DEFAULT
DESIGNATED 9000
ACTION_IF NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 BEGIN
  FAIL @26 //This component requires the main component.
END
PRINT @106 //Correcting area creature references (this may take a while) ...
INCLUDE ~infinityanimations/lib/t-arecre.tpa~

My installation is not fully done yet, so I have not done any in game testing, but so far everything installed without warnings, so I am optimistic! I will update my original topic once I have been able to play for a few hours and do some testing.

Hey @Bartimaeus, i found another "bug". Aura's spell act weirdly with the actual setup. I was wearing doom plate +3 (PLAT12.ITM) with IR dooming Aura, and for some reason i had to separate from my character wearing it, becoming neutral near my party as usual. But i realized that just a second after that, the dooming effect from the aura applied to my team ! I dunno why, but the .PRO parameter "affect only ennemies" from the aura spell doesn't seems to work in that case, triggering also on neutral, or is that an engine bug ? I have tested some ways to overcome that issue, and the best and effective method seems to add a secondary eff before casting the aura spell that will check if it is an actual enemy or not.

The order if that can help you:

plat12.itm: #opcode 272 use eff file on condition -> resource = plat12.eff

plat12.eff: #opcode  146 cast spell -> resource = plat12.spl

plat12.spl: #opcode 177 use eff file / target: preset target / parameter1: enemy / parameter2: EA.ids -> resource = plat12a.eff

plat12a.eff: #opcode  146 cast spell -> target = preset target / resource = plat12a.spl

plat12a.spl: same effects as original plat12.spl -> calls aura effect once per second  -> header target = living actor, effect target = preset target / resource = plat12b.spl

plat12b.spl: same effects as original plat12a.spl (aura effect)

plat12b.eff: protection from spell -> resource = plat12b.spl

I also changed the .pro to be on the plat12.spl (wich calls the EFF on enemy only) and changed the target on the aura called to preset target (2) instead of self.

I'm in actual gameplay testing now so, if i found anything else, i'll let you know !

Oh, more aura issues? Just one moment, I think I found the problem...

*deletes entire IRR repository*

There, fixed!

Okay, but real talk, I currently have a party of 6 people all wearing Doom Plates, and I can't seem to trigger this. Did it only happen once, and for just the round? I've never heard of a projectile that's enemy-only suddenly also targeting friendlies, but stranger things have happened I'm sure.

@ptifab Projectiles use a different Enemy/Ally grouping for neutral creatures, where they consider all non-neutral creatures to be their enemy (or at least not an ally).

A neutral creature casting an enemy-only spell will hit all non-neutral creatures.

A neutral creature casting an ally-only spell will hit only neutral creatures.

This is contrast to script Enemy/Ally checks, where they consider GOODCUTOFF to be their ally.

I don't think I understood the initial post correctly in that you meant you removed your character from the party and truly made them a neutral character. If that's the case, then that's such an edge case (and almost definitely harmless) that I'm not concerned.

Thanks for the insight, kjeron.

Edited by Bartimaeus
6 hours ago, kjeron said:

@ptifab Projectiles use a different Enemy/Ally grouping for neutral creatures, where they consider all non-neutral creatures to be their enemy (or at least not an ally).

A neutral creature casting an enemy-only spell will hit all non-neutral creatures.

A neutral creature casting an ally-only spell will hit only neutral creatures.

This is contrast to script Enemy/Ally checks, where they consider GOODCUTOFF to be their ally.

thanks for the explanation ! I understand this is such an edge case that you don't want to bother with it, i just wanted to write it down if anyone was looking for that specific weird moment in-game 😂

Don't think I have anything outstanding, so sure, why not: V1.3.400 released. It's mostly fixes:

1. 1. Some faulty immunities in the Protection from Cold and Protection from Fire scrolls were removed (the result of changing spell resource names that are no longer static).
  2. 2. A long list of minor item characteristic and text inconsistencies were fixed, such as weight, stack size, backstab flag, targeting, dispel type, animation percentiles, etc., were fixed. See the following posts (thanks to @ptifab) :
  3. Tansheron's Bow was missing its Phantom Arrow effects due to a typo in its installation name.
  4. Cloak of Nature's Wrath had its save type corrected to vs. breath (was vs. spell).
  5. Ravager +5 still erroneously had its Cloak of Fear ability.
  6. Drowcraft Flail +3 had one more THAC0 than it should've.
  7. Weapon Changes was incorrectly handling the bonus damage for the Drowcraft bolts.
  8. Drowcraft Light Crossbow of Speed had the wrong attack icon.
  9. Trollhide Armor had its hidden erroneous +10 HP bonus removed, and instead takes on the properties from the old Armor of Thorns that this armor slot used to be - the justification for it is loose, but it needed *something* to make it more interesting.
  10. Wand of Cursing was usable without identification: no longer.
  11. Armor of Missile Attraction's aura was modernized to the current standard of auras (the effect more or less being that its effect take effect much more quickly and consistently).
  12. Potion of Explosions' saving throw was correct to vs. breath (was vs. wand).
  13. Paralytic Bolt's probability for its paralyzing was corrected (from 20% to 100%).
  14. Staff of the Woodlands didn't have the right resource specified for its Barkskin ability, and so was actually casting Animal Empathy.
  15. Updated Staff of Rynn's Greater Malison ability to the latest SR version of the spell (-1 luck penalty - also was only supposed to last one turn).
  16. Sword of Balduran's damage type was piercing instead of slashing.
  17. Some targeting issues with auras were fixed (the never-ending story!).
Edited by Bartimaeus