Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

Guest Battlemage
14 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

You could try this, it has user-configurable settings to set up armor exactly how you want.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Is there any version of the .exe that works on a 32-bit system? I couldn't get it to work on my computer. 

2 hours ago, Guest Battlemage said:

Is there any version of the .exe that works on a 32-bit system? I couldn't get it to work on my computer. 

You'll have to download the WeiDU binary from https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/latest and rename weidu.exe into setup-modname.exe, for 32-bit systems you'll need the Windows x86 one, might also want to use the legacy one (that one works everywhere and there's virtually no difference at all).

Guest Battlemage
1 hour ago, CrevsDaak said:

You'll have to download the WeiDU binary

Thank you so much, it works! And the armor tweak mod is even more convenient than what I originally asked for!

In retrospect, this is probably exactly what I did to get the Tweak Pack working without realizing it, by dropping the .exe for v9 in the v16 folder lol

On 7/23/2017 at 5:22 PM, CamDawg said:

Make Grease non-hostile - All area affect disabler-type spells don't aggro and can be safely used with neutral npcs. (Entangle, Web, Stinking Cloud, Sleep Cloud). Only Grease is an exception, limiting it's use. The effect is weak enough so I don't think another disadvantage should be added on this spell.

Could most likely add other spells so that they're also patched in this way (though I can't think of any others that need this treatment), but I think the majority already act this way rather than making creatures hostile. Also, strangely enough this behaviour on Grease is only like this on my modded (though this is how the spell is in vanilla) BG2EE install, but non-hostile on every other similarly modded game. Either way I don't think this is relevant enough to warrant a component of its own and the code is simple enough that it really shows how trivial this is, but it already exists, here it is.

BEGIN "Remove hostile effect from Grease"
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME spwi101.spl "Your game does not contain the Grease spell"

COPY_EXISTING spwi101.spl override
  PATCH_IF (BYTE_AT (0x19) BAND BIT2) == BIT2 BEGIN
    WRITE_BYTE 0x19 (THIS BXOR BIT2)
    PATCH_IF enhanced_edition BEGIN
      WRITE_BYTE 0x19 (THIS BOR BIT1)
    END
  END
BUT_ONLY
On 2/17/2024 at 12:58 PM, CamDawg said:

Ages ago I coded Tracking to be a level one, at-will innate for IWDification. I didn't release it as there's only tracking info for ToB areas--having a ton of "no info" as you wander around BG and SoA seemed fairly pointless. It will be in the next IWDification release since @Lava wrote up a ton of nice, IWD-style tracking blurbs for all of the BG areas.

Any idea when an IWDification update will be released, I'm excited at the prospect of this addition!

To add on to the Cromwell components; I don't know if theres anything similar somewhere else but would be possible to add a tweak to skip the forging scene? Just as a time saver for those of us who have already seen the sequence of hammering on the forge and visual effects twice a shoutillion times already.

Maybe leave the fade to black to make clear the time skip happened, and let the actual time skip for the other tweaks.

Edited by Connelly

Hi, it would be nice to have a tweak allowing to have in BG the dream sequences with special abilities gained automatically at the first chapter eligible rest.

I often don't rest in chapter 6 and not often in chapter 7, and I can finish the game before getting the two last abilities.