Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

On 10/11/2023 at 4:20 AM, subtledoctor said:

If anyone is interested in playing around with this, I have coded it up in my Spell Tweaks mod. Should work on mod-added spells (it looks for offensive spells procedurally)… but I have not tested it extensively.  

I'm interested what happens if MR-by-level-penetrating spells are cached in a Sequencer or Trigger, my recollection is that so long as the projectiles have the same speed (or no projectile) these can end up resolving simultaneously, so that the 2nd spell might penetrate MR at twice the value it should & the 3rd spell three times.

Do you think it's worthwhile to add a zero duration #101 vs #166 at the end of the feature block? It will require some time in testing to even see if this bug can be triggered as is though, it's a bit inconsistent but it certainly happens with saving throws.

I was wondering if is possible to add a component where if a party member leaves the party, because of the reputation or other motives, he/she drops all his/her equipment on the ground, or in the inventory of the party (just like in BGII where Nalia gets taken away by Isaea Roenall), before leaving forever or even temporarily, so atlest you end up losing only a party member and not a party member AND all the equipment.

I would also really like when you install the Romance Cheats component, to remove gender requirements, to adjust the dialogues accordingly to the main character's gender, even though I imagine that requires a LOT of effort and time to do.

Edited by Elder Enigma

@CamDawg

May I propose to you a series components that rework / add some class summoning abilities (f.i. a reworked Summon Familiar for Mages / Sorcerers / Beastmasters, a new summoning ability for Blackguards, ...)? Are you fine or is it out of scope...?

Edited by Luke

another bottle in the sea

I don't know why but in BG2EE, enemies battle cry sound are hardly audible in comparaison to Bg1EE. (I mean BATTLE_CRY 1-2-3-4-5 in near infinity)

The consequence is that battles in BG2EE are somewhat less "colorfull" in comparaison to BG1EE.

Would it be possible to "fix" that ? For me it is a fix. Or maybe I should post this ug in another forum ?

Strangely, when I listen the sounds in near infinity (battle cry sounds), it looks like these sound get a correct "intensity" so I don't understand why these sound are hardly audible during fights.

On 12/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, jmerry said:

Try checking the volume panel in the options? There are different sliders for different types of sound; it could be that you just have the balance set differently between the two games.

I will check if I play BGEE again. I remember it from my old playtrhough 5 years ago...  Maybe I didn't pay attention enought about sliders sound.  Ty

Don't know if it's at all feasible but a general xp reducer might be nice.  Esp now that BG1 seems to have a lot of newer quest mods that have come out (SotSC, Black Hearts, Gorgon's Eye, etc), it's very easy to hit the xp cap without really trying, and folks might not want to just blow through the power level of the game.

Would it be a good idea to implement some sort of icon fix into the tweaks pack?

https://github.com/tunbridgep/ie-iconfix

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41397/do-the-new-item-icons-suck-in-baldurs-gate

Additionally, I would recommend modifying this script to make the larger versions of the icons double in size (by simply using pixel doubling), so that they look much larger when placed on your mouse cursor, which makes them similar to the original versions of the game (see the screenshot in the linked thread). The "on-mouse" icons in EE are absolutely tiny.

Edited by Sarge945

Based on a recent run (multiplayer including new BG players): it would be good if "Weapon Styles for All" revised class descriptions to remove the mention of x slots in y style(s). While not rendered technically incorrect by this component, the descriptions become misleading if relying on in-game documentation only.

On 9/24/2023 at 10:11 AM, subtledoctor said:

Sigh, I wish people cloning spells would just cast them by 146/148, it would make global spell tweaks so much easier, I would only have to tweak the originals...

On 9/25/2023 at 1:19 AM, polytope said:

Yes, I've been saying so for years, the cosmetic benefits of a functionally identical cloned spell are outweighed by emergent bugs in mod interactions.

Noticing this belatedly: I wanted to do it this way (clearly the logic is better) but I couldn't see a way to avoid getting doubled-up 'cast spell' messages, which to me is a dealbreaker.

4 hours ago, DavidW said:

Noticing this belatedly: I wanted to do it this way (clearly the logic is better) but I couldn't see a way to avoid getting doubled-up 'cast spell' messages, which to me is a dealbreaker.

Same and same. I seem to recall that any cleric/innate casting an arcane spell this way would also trip the CWs in Athkatla.