My new "Made in Heaven" mods

1 hour ago, Angel said:

That component has not been released yet.  You're probably installing from my working directory instead of from the actually released versions.  I don't recommend doing this as this hasn't been tested very well yet and you will likely run into many issues, especially since you're on BGT which I don't test nearly as frequently as EE.  But if you want to keep doing it, great.  I'll not refuse  a voluntary test subject. ^^

For those who are curious, that component gives vampires enhanced resistances, loosely based on Van Richten's Guide to Vampires.  Currently, they are half damage from all spells and magical effects, a +4 on saving throws against evocation spells (EE only, flat +4 vs. wands and spells on the old engine), immunity to turning, and a more powerful energy drain and greater immunity to magical weapons for some stronger vampires.  I'm still evaluating its effects, but especially in combination with SCS's improved scripts this makes vampires very dangerous indeed.  I may still change it or tone it down.

Mm, this seems to be an issue with SSL scripting.  I could not replicate it, it works fine on both Linux and Windows for me.  Are you perhaps on a 32-bit version of Windows?  SSL requires an external program (perl), which for Windows is included as a custom executable mih_eq/ssl/ssl.exe, but this is 64-bit only.  Anyway, there might be some files in weidu_external/data/mih_eq/ that might give some more insight on what happened here.

Oh. Whoops. Rookie mistake. Eh, screw it - I'll just roll with it, especially since I've already made a handful of tweaks to this version already. Those vampires sound pretty nasty, though, especially considering they apply to the ancient and venerated vampires which are already insane in SCS...we'll see what happens when I get to it.

64 bit. Zero files in weidu_external\data\mih_eq (though the directory did already exist). The actual problem was that ssl.exe is missing entirely - it's not included in your github repository. I stole the one from Stratagems and got it working. For the Graveyard component, I'm receiving a number of "[SetGlobalTimer] argument [TEN_MINUTES] not found in [GTimes.IDS]" (among other times) parse errors. Something to be concerned about?

(e): setup-mih_eq_Uhal9q2xcb.png

A bunch of these for the Suldanessenar component as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

64 bit. Zero files in weidu_external\data\mih_eq (though the directory did already exist). The actual problem was that ssl.exe is missing entirely - it's not included in your github repository. I stole the one from Stratagems and got it working. For the Graveyard component, I'm receiving a number of "[SetGlobalTimer] argument [TEN_MINUTES] not found in [GTimes.IDS]" (among other times) parse errors. Something to be concerned about?

Ah, I see.  Yeah, my .gitignore is set to skip .exe files in general, so that file won't be in the main tree, although release packages will have it.  I'll add an exception for this file though.

Mm, the missing gtimes are odd, I'll look into it.  It probably will work properly if you install some other mods that add the gtimes entries first, many of them do (and I thought mine did too, but guess not).

EDIT: Fixed.  Forgot to add them at some point I guess.  Tree has been updated with the fixes, and they will be in the next release of course.

Edited by Angel
1 hour ago, Angel said:

Ah, I see.  Yeah, my .gitignore is set to skip .exe files in general, so that file won't be in the main tree, although release packages will have it.  I'll add an exception for this file though.

Mm, the missing gtimes are odd, I'll look into it.  It probably will work properly if you install some other mods that add the gtimes entries first, many of them do (and I thought mine did too, but guess not).

EDIT: Fixed.  Forgot to add them at some point I guess.  Tree has been updated with the fixes, and they will be in the next release of course.

Thank you.

setup-mih_eq_xcuiRxkn0I.png

For Horrors Beneath Candlekeep.

setup-mih_eq_IvPErXnu2H.png

For Battle in Suldanessenar.

If you need the debug file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ivhqwkwwwdizku3/SETUP-MIH_EQ.DEBUG

50 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Thank you.

setup-mih_eq_xcuiRxkn0I.png

For Horrors Beneath Candlekeep.

setup-mih_eq_IvPErXnu2H.png

For Battle in Suldanessenar.

Probably harmless.  The first one is a compatibility issue with the old game (EE is my main modding target), the second one is a mistake on my part.  I'll fix them, but things probably will work anyway.

Where does Detectable Spells...like...come from? Like, where can I find the latest version of it? I'm running into an issue with your latest version that includes Detectable Spells where Spell Revisions' copy of Detectable Spells conflicts with the copy you included in your mod (it's removing entries in stats.ids necessary for installing some mods, such as polytweak), and I'm wondering if I should just update SR's version of DS or what - but I don't know if yours is the best/latest version.

Edited by Bartimaeus

In modding prehistory, there were a bunch of Detectable Spells, with G3 (iirc) eventually maintaining a more-or-less shared one. I recoded it, and more-or-less took ownership of it,  quite early in SCS's history. (I think roughly when SCSII was released.) Since then, it's bounced around the small number of people who do tactical/AI modding in a sophisticated way - I've coded various versions, I think Wisp might have done one for aTweaks, and Ardanis has done a couple, including one that was used in Siege of Dragonspear. I released a new version along with SCS v32, and I think I still have ownership. 

Annoyingly, I seem to have managed to leave out version numbering on the current SCS version, and should reinstate it. But I think the version in Angel's mods is the current SCS version or near enough. In any case, taking the one from the current SCS edition is probably the best strategy. The version in SR is somewhat out of date and probably worth updating.

Can you say more about the 'removing entries in stats.ids' issue - i.e. is that SR's version, or Angel's/mine, that's doing it? And which stats? (The current version shouldn't be able to remove stats.ids entries, but might be misbehaving.)

21 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Where does Detectable Spells...like...come from? Like, where can I find the latest version of it? I'm running into an issue with your latest version that includes Detectable Spells where Spell Revisions' copy of Detectable Spells conflicts with the copy you included in your mod (it's removing entries in stats.ids necessary for installing some mods, such as polytweak), and I'm wondering if I should just update SR's version of DS or what - but I don't know if yours is the best/latest version.

Mine is the one that comes with the latest version of SCS.  According to notes in the source code, it's based on the version that was used for the development of Siege of Dragonspear.  It's also supposed to be non-destructive.  I actually do not officially support my mods with IR or SR though. 🙂

As to where it actually comes from, I do not honestly know.  Seems every tactical mod includes it in some way.  Oh look, seems DavidW just answered that...

6 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Annoyingly, I seem to have managed to leave out version numbering on the current SCS version, and should reinstate it. But I think the version in Angel's mods is the current SCS version or near enough. In any case, taking the one from the current SCS edition is probably the best strategy. The version in SR is somewhat out of date and probably worth updating.

Yes, it's from SCS v33.2 (haven't gotten around to checking out v33.3 yet).  I jury-rigged it yesterday because I found out SSL scripts won't properly compile without it.  Which in retrospect I should have known.  I actually wanted to avoid doing any AI stuff at all in my mods and leave it to SCS, but I guess it's not possible to at least touch on it a little with a tactical mod...

11 minutes ago, Angel said:

I jury-rigged it yesterday because I found out SSL scripts won't properly compile without it. 

SSL itself doesn't need Detectable Spells. But you're probably using the SSL library (library.slb) that SCS uses? That has stats.ids entries that are added by DS.

8 minutes ago, DavidW said:

SSL itself doesn't need Detectable Spells. But you're probably using the SSL library (library.slb) that SCS uses? That has stats.ids entries that are added by DS.

Indeed I am.  Keep in mind, I am thoroughly delving into stuff I barely understand here.  Elminster is probably mumbling under his beard at me by now. ^^  Anyway, I will of course make sure you get proper credit if I get this up from the ground at all.

Ironically, for all my trouble in setting SSL up I still use it in only one place, for the battle script of the Huecuva (undead cleric).  My modifications to ankhegs, mustard jellies, dread wolves and winter wolves still use conventional scripts.  I do plan on changing that at some point, when I can actually write SSL scripts without destroying half a dozen alternative prime material planes in the process... 😄

Edited by Angel
37 minutes ago, DavidW said:

In modding prehistory, there were a bunch of Detectable Spells, with G3 (iirc) eventually maintaining a more-or-less shared one. I recoded it, and more-or-less took ownership of it,  quite early in SCS's history. (I think roughly when SCSII was released.) Since then, it's bounced around the small number of people who do tactical/AI modding in a sophisticated way - I've coded various versions, I think Wisp might have done one for aTweaks, and Ardanis has done a couple, including one that was used in Siege of Dragonspear. I released a new version along with SCS v32, and I think I still have ownership. 

Can you say more about the 'removing entries in stats.ids' issue - i.e. is that SR's version, or Angel's/mine, that's doing it? And which stats? (The current version shouldn't be able to remove stats.ids entries, but might be misbehaving.)

I had tracked it down to SR's version being the one that's crapping out, it removed an entry that polytweak uses for no apparent reason (specifically, entry 115 EXTRAPROFICIENCY1, which normally gets appended with...uh...I think it was PROFICIENCYCLUB? When installing SR after, it strips the original EXTRAPROFICIENCY1 entry and only leaves the PROFICIENCYCLUB entry, causing errors for mods like polytweak that evaluate via the original entry). I repaired it for my install, but for anyone using both MIH_EQ and SR, the same would happen, so I'd like to fix it.

Thanks for the info, will do.

@Angel Don't think there are any conceptual incompatibilities between any of the components of MIH_EQ and SR/IR from what I saw anyways, but you might know better!

Edited by Bartimaeus
25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I had tracked it down to SR's version being the one that's crapping out, it removed an entry that polytweak uses for no apparent reason (specifically, entry 115 EXTRAPROFICIENCY1, which normally gets appended with...uh...I think it was PROFICIENCYCLUB?). I repaired it for my install, but for anyone using both MIH_EQ and SR, the same would happen, so I'd like to fix it.

I add PROFICIENCYCLUB to stats.ids if it's missing for compatibility, this seems to be one thing that changed between EE and the old games.  (Both BGEE and BG2EE use PROFICIENCYCLUB, but BGT uses EXTRAPROFICIENCY1.)  Perhaps something chokes on the double entry for 115 in the file?

This also means that unless polytweak somehow takes this difference into account, it will not work on EE games.

53 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I had tracked it down to SR's version being the one that's crapping out, it removed an entry that polytweak uses for no apparent reason (specifically, entry 115 EXTRAPROFICIENCY1, which normally gets appended with...uh...I think it was PROFICIENCYCLUB? When installing SR after, it strips the original EXTRAPROFICIENCY1 entry and only leaves the PROFICIENCYCLUB entry, causing errors for mods like polytweak that evaluate via the original entry).

That makes sense. DS sorts stats.ids after appending all the new entries, but the sort used by DS 3.9x (the one in SR) is destructive, and ends up deleting duplicates. The version in SCS 33 (let's call it v.4.0) sorts nondestructively (iirc).

14 minutes ago, DavidW said:

That makes sense. DS sorts stats.ids after appending all the new entries, but the sort used by DS 3.9x (the one in SR) is destructive, and ends up deleting duplicates. The version in SCS 33 (let's call it v.4.0) sorts nondestructively (iirc).

I think...from what I can tell, that the SR version of it has its own custom additions to Detectable Spells, and quite frankly, I'm not sure that I'm equipped to reconcile the two - at least, not without a copy of the same version that SR used before it made its changes. The top of the file suggests SR uses version "3.95" - although it credits the version to Ardanis/GeN1e, not you. Right now, just trying to use SCS's version of ds.tph causes the installation to fail with mention of some missing macro, but I think there would be other stuff missing even if I fixed that. ...Maybe I'll do something stupid and hacky for the time being like have it check for both EXTRAPROFICIENCY1 and PROFICIENCYCLUB *after* SR's DS has been installed and append either which one isn't there, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
18 minutes ago, DavidW said:

I've tested this here, the version of DS I use leaves the double entry for 115 alone.  Just as an extra precaution, I'll also add EXTRAPROFICIENCY1 to stats.ids if it is missing.