My new "Made in Heaven" mods

I just installed the Made in Heaven item Pack v4 and while the install appeared to go correctly, the final outputting of the number of translated text produced some errors.

[MIH_IP/SETUP-MIH_IP.TP2] parsed
mih_ip/lang/english/setup-mih_ip.tra file not found. Skipping...
weidu-external/lang/english/setup-mih_ip.tra file not found. Skipping...
93233 characters, 413 entries added to DIALOG.TLK

I believe this is because mih_ip has the folder language/english/... rather than the lang/english path that older versions had.

Rows 23-26 in setup-mih_ip.tp2 should be changed accordingly:

LANGUAGE ~English~
         ~english~
	 ~mih_ip/language/english/setup-mih_ip.tra~
	 ~weidu-external/language/english/setup-mih_ip.tra~

This still produces the error message below, so I don't know if it actually does anything.

[mih_ip/language/english/setup-mih_ip.tra] has 0 translation strings
weidu-external/language/english/setup-mih_ip.tra file not found. Skipping...

SETUP-MIH_IP.DEBUG

Edited by Caedwyr
14 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

I just installed the Made in Heaven item Pack v4 and while the install appeared to go correctly, the final outputting of the number of translated text produced some errors.

I believe this is because mih_ip has the folder language/english/... rather than the lang/english path that older versions had.

Rows 23-26 in setup-mih_ip.tp2 should be changed accordingly:

LANGUAGE ~English~
         ~english~
	 ~mih_ip/language/english/setup-mih_ip.tra~
	 ~weidu-external/language/english/setup-mih_ip.tra~

This still produces the error message below, so I don't know if it actually does anything.

SETUP-MIH_IP.DEBUG 237.02 kB · 0 downloads

You're correct in that the paths are wrong, but it is actually harmless.  setup-mih_ip.tra is not currently used and empty.

Something to note is that the error message will start showing up in every mod install going forward.  What path should I use use for the weidu-external line to make the message go away?

Edited by Caedwyr
27 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

Something to note is that the error message will start showing up in every mod install going forward.  What path should I use use for the weidu-external line to make the message go away?

It's actually not an error, just an informational message.  I will fix it in a future version as it may cause some trouble for translators, but it can be safely ignored.  There's a little bit more to it than just fixing paths.

@Angel
Greetings!

How close to release is the next major version of your Made in Heaven Quests Mod?  On behalf of our group, I want to know how long we should wait before downloading.

Your GitHub ReadMe says, "Note: If downloading from GitHub, make sure you download the latest release from the releases page!" but you have no public releases on GitHub!

Thankee!

On 7/12/2020 at 3:53 AM, Endarire said:

How close to release is the next major version of your Made in Heaven Quests Mod?  On behalf of our group, I want to know how long we should wait before downloading.

It will be done when it's done.  I work on this in my spare time whenever I feel like it, I don't want to pin myself down on a schedule for something I'm not even paid for.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:53 AM, Endarire said:

Your GitHub ReadMe says, "Note: If downloading from GitHub, make sure you download the latest release from the releases page!" but you have no public releases on GitHub!

All my releases are public.  I can't make any stuff private on GitHub even if I wanted to.

9 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, are all your mods formally EET compatible?

They are, in so far that nobody has reported the opposite.  I do not use EET myself and thus don't test with it, but I put in compatibility code as needed.  (Only the item pack has specific EET code at the moment, to handle item imports in Irenicus' dungeon.)

12 hours ago, Endarire said:

Thanks.  I asked regarding public releases since NTotSC has no public release on your GitHub page, but links to Spellhold Studios for downloading.

NTotSC is not one of my mods, I am merely an occasional contributor.  You should note that my copy is forked from the SHS repository; it is just my working directory.  I would make it private if I could, but that's not possible on the type of account I have.

Edited by Angel

Angel,

Just completed Mutamin's Garden, and Kivan was able to tap-dance all over using MIH Items:

• Ring of Anti-Venom
  • Mutamin's Cloak

Throw in Korax, and it was just too easy.

Perhaps nix/nerf these items? Change Greater Basilisks to use a stronger poison that trumps the ring?

Edited by Chitown Willie
12 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:

Angel,

Just completed Mutamin's Garden, and Kivan was able to tap-dance all over using MIH Items:

• Ring of Anti-Venom
  • Mutamin's Cloak

Throw in Korax, and it was just too easy.

Perhaps nix/nerf these items? Change Greater Basilisks to use a stronger poison that trumps the ring?

Mm, I'm a little torn here.  On one hand I want Mutamin's Garden to be a challenge, but on the other hand I don't want to take away the player's opportunity to prepare well for said challenge.

As a side note, the same could be achieved by slapping on scrolls of protection from petrification and -poison which last long enough to easily clear the entire field (or just the former on a cavalier), so it's partially just how the game is already.  That's the problem with monsters that rely on one specific gimmick for their challenge; take it away and they are pussies.  There is a reason I initially put young black dragons there in E & Q. ^^

Still I suppose I could at least move the ring from the High Hedge to the Sorcerous Sundries.  I'll have to think on the cloak, obviously I want it to be on Mutamin for logical reasons, but perhaps I could make it so that it is not usable right away.  I'll have to think on this.

I am attempting to install a number of components from your Encounters mod on a ToBEx game (first time ever, no prior experience in installing this mod), but am receiving the same two errors on every single component I attempt.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ivhqwkwwwdizku3/SETUP-MIH_EQ.DEBUG

"Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "mih_eq/docs/weidu_external_readme.txt", followed by an "Unknown function: handle_charsets_immutably". What do?

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

I am attempting to install a number of components from your Encounters mod on a ToBEx game (first time ever, no prior experience in installing this mod), but am receiving the same two errors on every single component I attempt.

"Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "mih_eq/docs/weidu_external_readme.txt", followed by an "Unknown function: handle_charsets_immutably". What do?

The missing file is a bug.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it'll be fixed in the next release.  You can fix it locally by creating a file named weidu_external_readme.txt in the folder mih_eq/docs, its contents are not actually important.  (It just holds an explanation of what the weidu_external folder is and does.)

The second error logically follows from the first as that file is copied by the setup for the SFO library, which contains the handle_charsets_immutably function.  Fixing the first error fixes this one as well.

Edited by Angel
1 hour ago, Angel said:

The missing file is a bug.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it'll be fixed in the next release.  You can fix it locally by creating a file named weidu_external_readme.txt in the folder mih_eq/docs, its contents are not actually important.  (It just holds an explanation of what the weidu_external folder is and does.)

The second error logically follows from the first as that file is copied by the setup for the SFO library, which contains the handle_charsets_immutably function.  Fixing the first error fixes this one as well.

Thanks, that fixed it.

There's a component called "Ravenloft Vampires" that is not described anywhere. From what I gathered in setup_vampires.tpa and ravenloft_stats.tpa, it seems to be a stat/immunities/weapon redo/boost for generic vampires, right?

I'm also getting an error for Horrors Beneath Candlekeep. (e: Interestingly, this is the same link as above, but it's actually an updated file.)

Edited by Bartimaeus
14 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

There's a component called "Ravenloft Vampires" that is not described anywhere. From what I gathered in setup_vampires.tpa and ravenloft_stats.tpa, it seems to be a stat/immunities/weapon redo/boost for generic vampires, right?

That component has not been released yet.  You're probably installing from my working directory instead of from the actually released versions.  I don't recommend doing this as this hasn't been tested very well yet and you will likely run into many issues, especially since you're on BGT which I don't test nearly as frequently as EE.  But if you want to keep doing it, great.  I'll not refuse  a voluntary test subject. ^^

For those who are curious, that component gives vampires enhanced resistances, loosely based on Van Richten's Guide to Vampires.  Currently, they are half damage from all spells and magical effects, a +4 on saving throws against evocation spells (EE only, flat +4 vs. wands and spells on the old engine), immunity to turning, and a more powerful energy drain and greater immunity to magical weapons for some stronger vampires.  I'm still evaluating its effects, but especially in combination with SCS's improved scripts this makes vampires very dangerous indeed.  I may still change it or tone it down.

41 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I'm also getting an error for Horrors Beneath Candlekeep. (e: Interestingly, this is the same link as above, but it's actually an updated file.)

Mm, this seems to be an issue with SSL scripting.  I could not replicate it, it works fine on both Linux and Windows for me.  Are you perhaps on a 32-bit version of Windows?  SSL requires an external program (perl), which for Windows is included as a custom executable mih_eq/ssl/ssl.exe, but this is 64-bit only.  Anyway, there might be some files in weidu_external/data/mih_eq/ that might give some more insight on what happened here.