My new "Made in Heaven" mods

@Angel
I imagined the zombies as crew members on Balduran's Ship who tried to mutiny or otherwise escape an oath to accompany their captain on what would be the final journey.  Assume a zombie would have this note, and names will be tweaked as prudent to fit the lore:

"My dearest Amelia,

As of late, the valorous Balduran, our captain, has been acting much less and less like a dignified man.  An unnatural anger and thirst for power have been creeping over him.  I doubt he realizes just how short-tempered his speech has been, and how quickly his words have turned hostile toward some of the crew.  I fear he sees us with disfavor.  I will speak with him tomorrow before he sets off on our next grand maritime 'adventure.'

Did I ever tell you how Baludran and I became friends?  We were like brothers, my father taking an interest in his boldness from a young age and treating him like the younger son he never had.  I pray he shall listen to me, and not the mysterious, ill whisperings of Alcander, his new first mate and 'seer,' whose words are like honey to the ears and poison to the soul.

I will write you again as I am able.  Farewell, my beloved bride.

Yours exclusively,
Virgil"

Edited by Endarire
1 hour ago, Chitown Willie said:

I noticed you released MIH v4 on 5/21 - and already started working on v5!

You don't waste any time!

Thinking about starting a fresh install - Any ETA on v5?

Thanks!

I work on stuff constantly while I play, or whenever inspiration hits me.  So I set up my working directory for the next version as soon as I release the current one.  At the moment, I don't even know yet what will be in v5 other than some vague ideas like "a holy sword for BG1" and "magical sling bullets".

So no, I do not know when v5 will be finished.  Could be next month, or next year. ^^

@Angel
Consider this for the garden:  How difficult do you want it to be?  Yes, smart players will learn how to counter certain things, but how feasible is this to clear without other mods and with BG1 only, not SoD/BG2/EET?

Also, what did you think of that lore letter I mentioned above?

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
On 5/29/2020 at 8:37 PM, Guest guest said:

Have you read my report about the vyverns on the basilisk area being named "placeholder" rather than vyverns?

I have, but I can't explain or reproduce it.  The word "placeholder" is literally not anywhere in my code.  Did you change mods on a game in progress?

Regardless, these creatures (they're supposed to be young black dragons) won't be there anymore in newer versions.

17 hours ago, Endarire said:

Consider this for the garden:  How difficult do you want it to be?  Yes, smart players will learn how to counter certain things, but how feasible is this to clear without other mods and with BG1 only, not SoD/BG2/EET?

I'd like it to be a mid- to late game area.  Certainly not someplace to rush to as soon as you have a few potions of mirrored eyes for an easy massive XP gain.

17 hours ago, Endarire said:

Also, what did you think of that lore letter I mentioned above?

It certainly is well written.  I'm still working on ideas for the zombies, but I might use this.  I'm still thinking on it.

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Hello! In the attachment, a Russian translation of the Made in Heaven "Encounters And Quests" (v3) mod.

Add it please!

Aw, now this is something I never expected to happen. ^^  Mm, I'll have to tag it on to v3, as I don't think it will work for the current v4 code base considering the massive structural- and content changes I made.

Edited by Angel
3 hours ago, Austin said:

Thank you so much! Just correct, please, the credits on GitHub - the author of the translation is not me, but yota13 & Arcanecoast Team.
If the mod is updated, we will try to translate the new version too!

v4 of Encounters & Quests probably won't be for a while.  I'm working on some Throne of Bhaal stuff, but it's tricky to actually find appropriate monsters for epic level adventurers.

But if you want, you can try my item pack and spell pack, both have just had new releases.

Guest guest

Thanks for the answer in the end about these vyverns.

Anyway, I didn't reinstall the mod in the playthrough. In fact I wanted to test each one of the components of your mod alone to judge it. To this day,e I only installed the mutamin garden.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~MIH_EQ/SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enhanced Mutamin's Garden: v3

Just for curiosity, these are the wyverns
2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Thanks for the answer in the end about these vyverns.

Anyway, I didn't reinstall the mod in the playthrough. In fact I wanted to test each one of the components of your mod alone to judge it. To this day, I only installed the mutamin garden.

This is *not* my mod's doing, and is most likely the result of changing mods (any mods, not necessarily mine) on a game in progress.  Don't do this.