My new "Made in Heaven" mods

1 hour ago, sarkocreme said:

It's still worth it - something I'd still make sure to grab during BG1 runs.

I took your remarks into account for v4, the dwarven plate is now only +1.  Also, the Bag of Tricks now has only one use per day, the ring in the Candlekeep catacombs is now +1/+3 and the cloak in Durlag's Tower is +3/+1.  If that last one is still a bit too much, maybe I should reverse them, make the ring +3/+1 and the cloak +1/+3?

In BG2, you get the original +4/+1 cloak from Firkraag.  The ring is now +6/+1, the most powerful version described in the DMG, and is on Vongoethe, the lich in Amkethran.

@Angel
Thankee for the item update!

I won't be able to fairly tell you of how things are balanced due to item randomization, but we'll enjoy what we get regardless!

Spells: How well does this interface with Spell Revisions and Tome & Blood/Faiths & Powers?

Edited by Endarire
6 hours ago, Endarire said:

Spells: How well does this interface with Spell Revisions and Tome & Blood/Faiths & Powers?

Mm,  I do not use any of those mods so I really don't know how they would interact with mine.  I'd welcome some feedback on it, actually.

Code-wise, for the basic spell pack things should work, although if any of them implements some of the same spells I do, there might be a bit of a conflict.  Probably, the last version installed is the one you get.

As for the tweaks, it may not be compatible with SR since it already changes a lot of spells.  The changes I make are fairly small, I prefer to keep the original spell system mostly intact.  Although I am admittedly tempted to turn Infravision into something that is actually useful. ^^

On 5/24/2020 at 3:23 AM, Angel said:

I took your remarks into account for v4, the dwarven plate is now only +1.  Also, the Bag of Tricks now has only one use per day, the ring in the Candlekeep catacombs is now +1/+3 and the cloak in Durlag's Tower is +3/+1.  If that last one is still a bit too much, maybe I should reverse them, make the ring +3/+1 and the cloak +1/+3?

In BG2, you get the original +4/+1 cloak from Firkraag.  The ring is now +6/+1, the most powerful version described in the DMG, and is on Vongoethe, the lich in Amkethran.

Solid changes across the board. The new BG1 cloak and ring are still strong, but not so much that they feel out of place. And I think those are good spots for the revamped Vycaena Cloak and Lich Ring.

Will let you know if I run into anything else!

22 hours ago, Angel said:

Mm,  I do not use any of those mods so I really don't know how they would interact with mine.  I'd welcome some feedback on it, actually.

Code-wise, for the basic spell pack things should work, although if any of them implements some of the same spells I do, there might be a bit of a conflict.  Probably, the last version installed is the one you get.

One of the things that is on my to do list is to look into this. I'm working on another spell mod that will be partially incorporated into fnp (and maybe tnb) and I'm looking for conceptual incompatibilities. I'll send you a list when I have it.

I can tell you now that specific priest spells will not show up if fnp is installed unless they are specifically accounted for. We'll account for MiH if fnp is installed after it and we'll send you a pull request if we figure out an easy easy to install spell mods after fnp.

I can't speak as much about tnb. 

I am interested from hearing from anyone who has tried both this mod and SCS, which components are complementary, which you should pick one and not install the other, and if there are any game balance issues that arise from having both installed.

1. Enhanced Ulcaster Ruins (MiH) &  Improved Ulcaster (SCS).
  2. A Real Spider Plague (MiH) & Improved Spiders (SCS)
  3. Cloakwood Assassins (MiH) & Improved Cloakwood Druids (SCS) or Improved Drasus Party (SCS) since I don't know exactly where teh Assassins from MiH will turn up.
  4. Enhanced Basilisks (MiH) & Smarter Basilisks (SCS)
  5. Enhanced Wraith Spiders (MiH) & Improved Spiders (SCS)
  6. Enhanced Shadow Temple (MiH) & Improved Shade Lord (SCS)
  7. Enhanced Watcher's Keep (MiH) & Improved Watcher's Keep (SCS)

@Angel
Zombie Farm: What are the Zombies guarding?  What scrolls/notes do they carry to infer significance?  Were they plagued and turned Undead?  Did they offend someone?  Was it just a bad day for them with an opportune Necromancer?

Winter Wolf Breath: May we get an option to make this an AoE?

5 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I am interested from hearing from anyone who has tried both this mod and SCS, which components are complementary, which you should pick one and not install the other, and if there are any game balance issues that arise from having both installed.

3. Cloakwood Assassins (MiH) & Improved Cloakwood Druids (SCS) or Improved Drasus Party (SCS) since I don't know exactly where teh Assassins from MiH will turn up.

I've tried 1-5 and they work with each other just fine (install MIH 1st, then SCS).

1. Makes the trash fights a bit tougher.

2. The spiders that spawn are no biggie.

3. The assassins don't overlap with those other encounters. They're moderately tough, I recall them drinking lots of healing potions.

4. Basilisks are significantly more dangerous when fought in tight quarters and you get more XP from Mutamin's garden. They also call each other for help so you end up fighting lots of them at the same time.

5. Also compatible, don't recall them being too dangerous.

Edited by Lilaina
2 hours ago, Endarire said:

Zombie Farm: What are the Zombies guarding?  What scrolls/notes do they carry to infer significance?  Were they plagued and turned Undead?  Did they offend someone?  Was it just a bad day for them with an opportune Necromancer?

The zombie farm is indeed an intriguing place that begs for more of a story.  Unfortunately I am not much of a story/dialog writer.  I still do have a thing or two in mind for it though.

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

Winter Wolf Breath: May we get an option to make this an AoE?

It is an AoE in the next version I am developing.  To compensate I do restrict where they show up though.  I'll think about making either optional.

7 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

There are at this point no known compatibility issues with SCS.  I always play with SCS installed so yes, this is tested.  In fact, I designed this mod to be complementary to SCS, doing the things SCS does not. (Usually, add more creatures to fight.)

SCS changes two fights here, the battle with Icharyd among the ruins (the skeleton warrior), and the vampire wolf at the end of the dungeon.  I do not touch either.

Spoiler

What I do is introduce a new enemy called a Blazing Bones, the undead remains of a wizard killed by fire (as described in the 2e book Monstrous Compendium Annual vol. 1).  You're advised to pack some fire resistance and a magical bludgeoning weapon.  There will also be a few more mustard jellies in hidden corners.

SCS changes the battle scripts of the spiders, and gives some a few more abilities, mostly web spitting.  I do not touch these.

Spoiler

My mod makes lesser spiders (huge spiders, giant spiders, and my newly created hairy spider) constantly spawn off-screen.  They're not meant to be very tough, but they just keep coming.  This happens in the second Cloakwood area (where Centeol's lair is), and in the Wood of Sharp Teeth area (to the far east, where the four red wizards are).  I also add a few more of the tougher spiders here and there.

This component will probably be revised in the next version as I was not entirely happy with it, but I haven't decided yet exactly what to do with it.

The assassins are an entirely new group and do not spawn anywhere near either the druids or the mine.

Spoiler

They are in the wyvern area, directly after the first bridge you cross.  They are hobgoblins; a fighter and two archers.

This component was designed with SCS in mind.  It does give greater basilisks a new script in an empty slot to govern their new abilities, but does not touch their original scripts.  Lesser basilisks are entirely unchanged.

Spoiler

Greater basilisks gain dragon-like immunities and a gas cloud similar to iron golems, constantly forcing a save versus poison or take heavy damage.  This was actually toned down from P&P where it's actually save or die instantly, which I considered a bit too harsh.  I strongly suggest bringing scrolls of Protection from Poison and Elixirs of Health, or not engaging them in melee at all.  Having a Cavalier in your party is also a big help. 🙂

In addition to this, currently two young black dragons currently show up in Mutamin's garden, but this will be changed in a later version, probably to dracolisks or pyrolisks.

This is a very low-key change and does not affect SCS in any way.  Their battle scripts are unchanged.

Spoiler

The only change I make to wraith spiders is mark them as undead and give them their proper chilling and level-draining bite, as per P&P.

SCS only changes the battle with the Shade Lord.  I do not touch this battle at all.

Spoiler

Shadows and shade wolves will spawn more frequently and in greater numbers both on the temple grounds and inside the temple itself.  There is one additional undead-spawning high-level trap, right in front of the statue of Amaunator.  Since this uses the spwndead script, it is affected by SCS's "Improved Random Encounters" component.  Some barrow wights (similar to those seen in Heart of Winter) and a single mohrg (a fairly high-level undead, basically a very tough ghast) have also been added.

In addition to this, I also add a little script that removes the last remaining shadow barrier when the Shade Lord is killed.  This is similar to the one found in the Oversights mod and they can harmlessly be installed together.

This one I'm actually still working on and currently doesn't change all that much.  It should not have any trouble with SCS at all.  Right now it's more a convenience tweak than anything and changes combat in only a minimal way.  I plan to do more with it though.

Spoiler

You can now always get the Thieves' Hood, even if you have a paladin in your party or you decide to kill both the tanar'ri and the baatezu in the maze.

Some of Saladrex' loot is now stealable by a good thief, most prominently the Staff of the Ram.  This is mostly because I just don't like having to pick a fight with him to get it.  I might enhance this further in the future.

The spawn points around the Machine of Lum the Mad now spawn tougher and more appropriate monsters.

Edited by Angel
Guest guest

I met the two

wyverns inside mutamin's garden, but they are called "placeholders"

I'm only using your mod

personally, seeing the skeletons of the huge creature inside the garden, I wouldn't mind if you actually added a true dragon, so that it isn't merely a farming place