[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn (BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE and EET)

Transferring my character wasn't so pleasant unfortunately as I've met few bugs. 

First of all, after importing the final save from BG1 my character in BG2 wasn't displayed as a 'painbearer of ilmater' but regular cleric, thus he lost the access to few spells... 

Secondly, he has received the +2 CON bonus AGAIN... so his condition was kinda atrocious :D 

And lastly his remove fear 1/level feat (in total: 8 uses at lvl 8) was reduced to just 1 use total.

Nothing of it was game breaking as i simply fixed everything via EE-keeper but just wanted to let you know @Raduziel, if it wasn't mentioned already. 

Cheers

Edited by Cjartan
1 hour ago, Cjartan said:

Transferring my character wasn't so pleasant unfortunately as I've met few bugs.

..importing..

This is the reason you don't install kit mods into BG1, even if you have the EE edition of the game, but install them into either the BGT-weidu or EET. This also includes the Tutu's.

2 hours ago, Cjartan said:

First of all, after importing the final save from BG1 my character in BG2 wasn't displayed as a 'painbearer of ilmater' but regular cleric, thus he lost the access to few spells... 

Secondly, he has received the +2 CON bonus AGAIN... so his condition was kinda atrocious :D 

And lastly his remove fear 1/level feat (in total: 8 uses at lvl 8) was reduced to just 1 use total.

Nothing of it was game breaking as i simply fixed everything via EE-keeper but just wanted to let you know @Raduziel, if it wasn't mentioned already. 

Cheers

This isn't DoF's fault but an engine limitation AFAIK.

You need to install kits in both games following the exact same order, otherwise the game won't be able to read properly the kit table - it will check a number for you character and compare to a number in a table, the problem is, unless you installed mod kits following the exact same order there will be a mismatch.

33 minutes ago, Raduziel said:

unless you installed mod kits following the exact same order there will be a mismatch.

Yeah, thing is, there's a problem with that, see the EE games used the weidu.exe to make the new EE only kits, and with the games not having the exact amount of kits, this cause a problem where even if you have the exact same mods installed in the same order, you will probably miss out on a few kits. So to actually get a perfect export/import, you need to go into the games tables, know what you are doing and jerry-rig a solution for yourself.

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yeah, thing is, there's a problem with that, see the EE games used the weidu.exe to make the new EE only kits, and with the games not having the exact amount of kits, this cause a problem where even if you have the exact same mods installed in the same order, you will probably miss out on a few kits. So to actually get a perfect export/import, you need to go into the games tables, know what you are doing and jerry-rig a solution for yourself.

BGEE/SoD and BG2EE currently have the same number of default kits (reserve + 40), so this shouldn't be an issue unless you're installing kits exclusive to either  BG1 or BG2.

3 hours ago, Raduziel said:

This isn't DoF's fault but an engine limitation AFAIK.

You need to install kits in both games following the exact same order, otherwise the game won't be able to read properly the kit table - it will check a number for you character and compare to a number in a table, the problem is, unless you installed mod kits following the exact same order there will be a mismatch.

@Cjartan you may stick with this answer.

@kjeron and @Jarno Mikkola

Thanks for the insights.

Edited by Raduziel
24 minutes ago, kjeron said:

It's not, but a placeholder was added in that slot: "FAKIE"

Well, it being a placeholder or real one, doesn't matter...

What about IWDEE's kits ? Cause from what I remember, it has at least 1 additional kit. Making it (reserve + 41).. it's the same, except there's a Tempus priest.

This only needs a placeholders in BG1EE and BG2EE to be able to use the same chars... of course the portraits and items will not survive the transfer, but it's not as bad deal.

A wrinkle: many NPC mods give the NPC a custom kit, and many NPCs are BG1-only or BG2-only. So if you use NPC mods it is easy for the number of kits to vary between games. Same holds for SoD if you have a standalone copy of it.

I made a modlet to handle this, though it is inelegant. You install all NPC and quest mods in both games, then see which game has more kits installed, then use the modlet on the game with fewer kits, so as to make them equal. Then install actual kit mods in the same order.