BG1NPC Bugthread

jastey

54 minutes ago, jastey said:

Go to "BCS" in the left tree in NI. Open "ajantis.bcs". Look for the script block that contains the variable I posted. @Graion Dilach posted what it would look like if bg1npc is installed without the hickups.

IF
    !GlobalGT("BD_PLOT","GLOBAL",0)
    InParty(Myself)
    Global("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",4)
    Global("X#AjantisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    Global("X#AjantisLoveTalk","GLOBAL",33)
    OR(2)
        Global("X#AjantisKnowBhaalTalk","GLOBAL",0)
        Global("X#AjantisKnowBhaalTalk","GLOBAL",8)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",5)
        RealSetGlobalTimer("X#AjantisRomance","GLOBAL",C#BRANDOCK_TIMERSHORT)
END

@jastey So not getting the same result as the one from @Graion Dilach ; i have the Brandock mod installed after and i am quite surprised to find him here... ?

3 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

i have the Brandock mod installed after and i am quite surprised to find him here... ?

That's an entry in the gtime.ids, it's the same as "1800 seconds" (or so). The installer just took it instead of writing 1800 directly inside.

This means that the Ajantis scripts should work, though. 🤷‍♀️

Does NI show any warnings for the ajantis.bcs?

7 minutes ago, jastey said:

That's an entry in the gtime.ids, it's the same as "1800 seconds" (or so). The installer just took it instead of writing 1800 directly inside.

This means that the Ajantis scripts should work, though. 🤷‍♀️

Does NI show any warnings for the ajantis.bcs?

I don't think so

I've hit a problem with Kivan's Seasnake/Sahuagins quest. Seasnake spawns and talks to you (even if you're in combat with Droth BTW, which also broke the quest for me, but that's a different issue) and if you say you'll help she says "Splashing", you get the screen fade to black. Fine.

The bug is that combat with the Sahuagin starts before the screen fades back from black. Often charname just dies before I see anything. (EDIT: Apparently the dialogue when Seasnake comes upon the Sahuagin isn't triggering, everyone comes straight to blows)

Here's my WeiDU log:

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EEEX\EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: 0.9.7
~EEEX\EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - (LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature): 0.9.7
~EEEX\EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - (visual indicators for modal actions, contingency spells, and spell/item cooldowns): 0.9.7
~LEUI\LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 4.4.6
~LEUI\LEUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 4.4.6
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.92
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.92
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.92
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.92
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.92
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.92
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #90 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #150 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #155 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Coran his "Murder in Baldur's Gate" portrait: v29
~BG1NPCMUSIC\SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: 7
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #510 // Randomly not randomise items: 7
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: 7
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #570 // Randomise the appearance of cursed items: 7
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. No items are lost: 7
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #20 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Two Handed Axe Item Pack: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #90 // Expanded Polymorph Self: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #130 // Use IWD Damage Animations: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #140 // Randomized Enemy Equipment -> Add High Quality Items: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #50 // IWD Class Updates: Bard: Add IWD Bard Songs: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #150 // IWD Class Updates: Bard: Use IWD Spell Progression: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #71 // IWD Class Updates: Druid: Allow Elves to be Druids: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #100 // IWD Class Updates: Paladin: IWD Abilities and Skills: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #160 // IWD Class Updates: Paladin: Use IWD Spell Progression: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #170 // IWD Class Updates: Ranger: Use IWD Spell Progression: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #120 // IWD Class Updates: Thief: Evasion: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #30 // IWD Arcane Spell Pack: v4
~IWDIFICATION\SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #40 // IWD Divine Spell Pack: v4
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3550 // Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Improved NPC customisation and management: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7150 // Improved Carsa/Kahrk interaction: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 34.3
~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 34.3
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons [Lava] -> Only replace icons that aren't already unique: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers [Miloch] -> Unique icons and names: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC Pairs to Separate: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 values: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 values: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 values: v15
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 values: v15

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers,
Marco

Edited by marco_costa

Hm. I believe I've narrowed down the problem to Item Randomizer v7.

In the following installation work the Sahuagin quest works flawlessly:

Spoiler

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EEEX\EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - (LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature): 0.9.7
~EEEX\EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - (visual indicators for modal actions, contingency spells, and spell/item cooldowns): 0.9.7
~LEUI\LEUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions: 4.4.6
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.92
~RR\SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #9 // Revised Thievery -> Use PnP thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.92
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #90 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #150 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v29
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #155 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Coran his "Murder in Baldur's Gate" portrait: v29
~BG1NPCMUSIC\SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6

Adding the following - both before or after BG1NPC) breaks it as I described earlier (no dialogue prompt, fight breaks out with black screen, if charname survives long enough, it does eventually fade back, but cant talk to either Seasnake or her mark):

Spoiler

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: 7
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: 7
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #570 // Randomise the appearance of cursed items: 7
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. No items are lost: 7

Gonna look at any files related to Kivan quests or the sea elf in bg1npc, but I have zero knowledge of WeiDU, just a junior programming background, fingers crossed I guess 😂

Looks like the culprit is the ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: 7 component of Item Randomizer v7. The following installation fixes the problem and the quest goes as expected:

Spoiler

~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: 7
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #570 // Randomise the appearance of cursed items: 7
~RANDOMISER\RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. No items are lost: 7

Sorry if this is spammy, apparently I can't edit posts after some time, I'd have rather have edited a single post three times since nobody has replied yet. I just don't know whether posting this here or in the Item Randomizer forum was more appropriate. Should I post a link to this on their forum as well?

On 11/2/2021 at 3:11 AM, Mahatmah said:

Hi @jastey, so I had some more time today and I looked this up for you, I confirm this isn't fixed but it is just the log, not the quest progression a I suspected, so no biggy :

The quest line that does not disappear (unintended) from the journal should be entry 74968 in my dialog.tlk

In English, it should read something like (according to the wiki) :

While traveling the Cloud Peaks I met a dryad. She asked that I help protect her tree. How could I refuse such a request?

I also did a little more testing :

- Refusing to help the dryad concludes the quest normally with vanilla quest log (as intended).

- Helping the dryad then refusing to let Xzar kill her (answer @122 in x#xzqu.tra) concludes the quest with appropriate mention of Xzar in the log (as intended).

- Helping the dryad then letting Xzar kill her (answer @123 in 
x#xzqu.tra) will create a concluded journal entry about dryad blood (as intended) :

IF WEIGHT #-1
~Global("X#XzarDryad","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BEGIN X#DryadDeath
SAY @126
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#XzarDryad","GLOBAL",6) SetGlobal("X#SummonForest","GLOBAL",1) Enemy()
ActionOverride("jaheira",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("jaheira",Enemy())
ActionOverride("kivan",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("kivan",Enemy())
ActionOverride("faldorn",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("faldorn",Enemy())
ActionOverride("minsc",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("minsc",Enemy())
ActionOverride("khalid",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("khalid",Enemy())
ActionOverride("ajantis",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("ajantis",Enemy())
ActionOverride("dynaheir",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("dynaheir",Enemy()) 
%BGEEXzarEraseJournalEntries%~ SOLVED_JOURNAL @127
EXIT
END

It's just failing to close the vanilla log entry I mentionned above (at least since I'm on BGT ?).

I'm sorry I can't offer a fix myself in Github, I would have otherwise. Hope that does the job.

Cheers,

Hey there,

Just noticed we had a couple new versions for BG1 NPC, always a good news, did this make it into the fixes ? Should I give it a test ?

Cheers,

@Mahatmah hi, thanks for coming back for this! I did look at the journal entry you listed but I had problems to identify it. I looked in BG:SoD, it's #27005 there. I made a search for the text, and it gave me a text string that is not used in the base game so I thought it might be a compatibility problem with another mod that restores the string. Or so I thought, because now that I searched for it again, it tells me it's used in the dryad's dialogue, so it seems I made a mistake earlier. Okaaay

With this updated finding it should be no problem to add an EraseJournalEntry(). I'll need to make sure BGT and Tutu use the right one since the BG1 strings aren't fixed numbers there, but that's possible. So, this should be fixed in the next update.

Thanks again!

42 minutes ago, Mahatmah said:

The quest line that does not disappear (unintended) from the journal should be entry 74968 in my dialog.tlk

In English, it should read something like (according to the wiki) :

While traveling the Cloud Peaks I met a dryad. She asked that I help protect her tree. How could I refuse such a request?

i found a bug in npc project or eet

i have an instalation of both bg1ee and bg2ee.

i installed modmerge and bg1ub before eet, and after bgqe, cdtweaks and bg1npcproject.

the dialog between minsc and edwin when you recruit both of them in nashkel, to keep both in the party safely and after go rescue dynaheir, does not trigger if it is in a bgeet instalation.

if it is installed only in bg1ee with modmerge, bg1ub, cdtweaks, bgqe and bg1npc project, the dialog works fine.

i dont know if its a problem with bg1npc project or eet

please fix it!

thanks.

any previsions on the next update??? :)

i'm itching to play an eet mega mod installation that i see in the beamdog forums, step by step installation, a very good one i'm presume...

here's the link to ppl interesed

its the reply of the post by a guy named Caedwyr, you have to click in the spoilers tag to see the mod list

i kept some of the mods off, but the installation is a very good one

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/81194/eet-and-other-mods-for-an-almost-new-and-confused-player