BG1NPC Bugthread

jastey

14 hours ago, jastey said:

I wouldn't know how?

The DEBUG only shows the installation of the Player Initiated Dialogues. That's unfortunate. Did you install the mod in several instances, I mean separate steps?

The EET installation has been done in only one instance with PI (i used one install-sequence.csv from the start to the end, one step installation from dlc-merger to eet-end). Here is a copy of the weidu-bgee.log part of my EET install.

What is your opinion ?

WeiDU-BGEE.log

Seems reasonable to me. What does your BGII:EE.log look like? Do you have any other install info you could post (I fear not)?

I just tried and v27.1. Ajantis Romance 30 min timer installs fine and without warnings on my EET v13.4.

39 minutes ago, jastey said:

Seems reasonable to me. What does your BGII:EE.log look like? Do you have any other install info you could post (I fear not)?

I just tried and v27.1. Ajantis Romance 30 min timer installs fine and without warnings on my EET v13.4.

I can post anything that would help to understand the situation : PI debug files (for each installed component), weidu.log... I just know that i am using the latest versions, that this installation went without any warning, ... I went manually through each PI debug file (even if every mod was successfully installed), and this component 20 from BG1npc project was looking weird compared to what i am used to watch.

I am thinking to redownload BG1npc project (in case of a corrupted file ?) and redo a complete reinstall with the same install sequence to check if we get to the same result ?

What is precisely bothering you with this debug file (b/c for me it is just looking weird) ?

For me the BGII:EE.log looks fine... :)

WeiDU.log

Edited by Mordekaie
3 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

What is precisely bothering you with this debug file (b/c for me it is just looking weird) ?

The DEBUg you posted here only shows the installation of the last component of BG1NPC: the Player Initiated Dialogues. I just tried it and I get such a DEBUG file if I install the mod in two batches: first I installed the main component, the quest&banters, and the Ajantis Romance. Ended the install process, started it again and installed the PID comüponent. Then my DEBUG also only shows the install processs of the PID component. (This is how weidu loggs what it's doing, I think it's unfortunate because the info of the former components is lost which is not good for debugging.)

The question is, if you say that you let PI run in one go and didn't stop in between, then how do we get a DEBUG that looks like the install process was done in several steps. And if that happened, whether there is more unexpected behavior which lead to the entries in gtimes.ids weren't found when they were expected.

@Mordekaie if you'd redownload and rerun the install to replicate, that would be awesome.

Guest Thrasymachus

I recently completed BGEE during which my PC romanced Dynaheir. For the most part everything went well. However, I did not receive LT 27 (the one that should trigger after Sarevok's death), and there was no encounter with Winski in the Thieves' Maze (the party drove Winski off earlier in the game, following Dynaheir's diary quest). Everything else was fine (I received all the other LTs, etc.).

Neither is a big deal -- I enjoyed the romance very much.

A big thanks for this amazing mod. I would've stopped playing BG years ago without it!

20 hours ago, jastey said:

The DEBUg you posted here only shows the installation of the last component of BG1NPC: the Player Initiated Dialogues...

@jastey It appears that when you install a mod with PI, the setup-debug file from the game folder will only show the installation of the last component. What i understand is that PI proceeds by steps when installing each mod and PI creates its own set of debug and debug-error files. As PI does one batch per component then it can generate one setup-debug file per component..

So even if you install your mods in one step with PI, it seems that PI will install components one by one as separate batchs (just my opinion).

Below are the BG1npc debug files from PI... They show the full installation of bg1npc. Fortunately we have a full view of the installation of BG1npc Project.

Anyway i will still redownload and reinstall the whole install-sequence probably tonight to check if i can reproduce the situation.

bg1npc-PI_debug_files.7z

Edited by Mordekaie

@jastey I did some testing before reinstalling the whole sequence. I get the same weird debug file for bg1npc component 22 with the following sequence using PI :

EET:0;Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) - EET core (resource importation)
ajantisbg2:0;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII
ajantisbg2:1;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Install the unique BG(II):EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield
ajantisbg2:3;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Installation of adult romance content
ajantisbg2:42;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between Dialogues
ajantisbg2:5;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Ajantis kit choice: make Ajantis Cavalier
bg1npc:0;The BG1NPC Project - The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications
bg1npc:10;The BG1NPC Project - The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections
bg1npc:22;The BG1NPC Project - Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks
bg1npc:33;The BG1NPC Project - Speed: 15 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks

EET-core and "Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII" mod  (probably ajantisbg2:42;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Speed: 30 minutes ...") installed before BG1npc Project are responsible for the weird debug file.

Even if bg1npc component 22 is considered to be successfully installed, playing the game would probably show some issue ?

Test_weird_bg1npc22.7z

1 hour ago, Mordekaie said:

"Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII" mod  (probably ajantisbg2:42;Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII - Speed: 30 minutes ...") installed before BG1npc Project are responsible for the weird debug file

Oh, wow. Ajantis BGII adds "C#AJROM_TIMER" to gtime.ids.

BG1NPC checks for "AJROM_TIMER" and gives - true, thus does not append the gtime.ids with the needed "AJROM_TIMER" entry.

Ouch.

I think it'd be best to install Ajantis BGII after BG1NPC until I've changed this to something more stable.

I'm not sure what exactly the scripts would look like. Could you open Ajantis' script with NI and see for example what the line for setting the romance timer after SetGlobal("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",5) looks like.

28 minutes ago, jastey said:

I'm not sure what exactly the scripts would look like. Could you open Ajantis' script with NI and see for example what the line for setting the romance timer after SetGlobal("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",5) looks like.

@jastey I guess it is time to get familiar with NI (beside modifying some item properties). How do i do to reach this line ? Game/open games.../AjantisBG2 ?

NearInfinity2.png

IF
	!GlobalGT("BD_PLOT","GLOBAL",0)
	InParty(Myself)
	Global("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",4)
	Global("X#AjantisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
	Global("X#AjantisLoveTalk","GLOBAL",33)
	OR(2)
		Global("X#AjantisKnowBhaalTalk","GLOBAL",0)
		Global("X#AjantisKnowBhaalTalk","GLOBAL",8)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("X#AjantisHasRing","GLOBAL",5)
		RealSetGlobalTimer("X#AjantisRomance","GLOBAL",SIX_HOURS)
END

~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #52 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #62 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #72 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 30 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #110 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs): v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #241 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's Proficiency -> Kivan uses halberds: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v27.1
~BG1NPC\BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v27.1
[...]

~AJANTISBG2\AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII: 20
~AJANTISBG2\AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #1 // Install the unique BG(II):EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield: 20
~AJANTISBG2\AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #3 // Installation of adult romance content: 20

1 hour ago, Mordekaie said:

How do i do to reach this line ? Game/open games.../AjantisBG2 ?

Go to "BCS" in the left tree in NI. Open "ajantis.bcs". Look for the script block that contains the variable I posted. @Graion Dilach posted what it would look like if bg1npc is installed without the hickups.

Usually I just look at my last kitchen sink install because my setups include the mod (combination) which is under review. This above is from last Sunday. :D Sure, it did took me months of iteration to reach something which still looks somewhat sane yet can function as a community stress-test so I'm glad it comes out useful for these purposes as well.