Cahir's EET Epic Run Mod Order help request

@Mordekaieto be honest it was a long time ago already and I don't really remember specifics of this install anymore. I can say that I didn't have install errors back then with this set up. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to actually play this playthrough, so I didn't have a chance to test thoroughly how various mods interact with each other. But on the other hand I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on the first glance, when it comes to portraits.

8 minutes ago, Cahir said:

@Mordekaieto be honest it was a long time ago already and I don't really remember specifics of this install anymore. I can say that I didn't have install errors back then with this set up. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to actually play this playthrough, so I didn't have a chance to test thoroughly how various mods interact with each other. But on the other hand I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary on the first glance, when it comes to portraits.

I manage to go through all my interrogations about portraits. My only question is about your install order. Do you remember any reason why PPE after The Picture Standard?  Anyway thanks for all your work.

Edited by Mordekaie

@Mordekaie To check his install order, you actually want to download the text file (weidu log) at the bottom of his post - the actual posts contents do NOT list in install order. In the install order file, PPE is before The Picture Standard. (Also, your posts here/elsewhere have helped me a lot in figuring this out, thank you!)

Note also that a few modules are "broken up" in install order - project infinity doesn't support this via the drag-and-drop interface, you have to expert to a spreadsheet, move the row around yourself, then re-import.

Edited by Aerothorn
On 4/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, Aerothorn said:

@Mordekaie To check his install order, you actually want to download the text file (weidu log) at the bottom of his post - the actual posts contents do NOT list in install order. In the install order file, PPE is before The Picture Standard. (Also, your posts here/elsewhere have helped me a lot in figuring this out, thank you!)

Note also that a few modules are "broken up" in install order - project infinity doesn't support this via the drag-and-drop interface, you have to expert to a spreadsheet, move the row around yourself, then re-import.

@Aerothorn Just finding out about your post; i was away for a while and i am going back to my EET install order.

Why PPE before The Picture Standard (or the opposite) ?

On 4/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, Aerothorn said:

I guess it is about The Picture Standard. I am quite lost. What do you exactly do ? (an example?)

So some modules include multiple sub-modules, and some of these you actually want to put in different places in the install order. The only way to do this that I can figure out is to set it up in a spreadsheet program (excel, google sheets, etc) and drag them around. Project Infinity will generate a spreadsheet, so if you already have your install order set up in Project Infinity, you can export that to a spreadsheet, make the necessary changes, and then import it back to Project Infinity.

Normally you won't have to do this, but for Cahir's run, he specifically wanted to take a part of EET (the experience modifier) and put it last in the load order, so that he could change it later without messing up other mods/his saves. So he had to drag that part of EET all the way to the bottom, and that's why it's listed last in the load order in his log.

I'm happy to share my load order with you, but know that it has a few minor bugs (some added spells not having icons, for instance) and thus I can't assure you it's the ideal way. But all the portraits work, at least :)

Just wanted to say I used this thread as a guide for my own EET install. I haven't played Baldur's Gate in a very long time, but I wanted to get in another playthrough ahead of Baldur's Gate III's release.

It's been really, really fun so far. My PC is a Bladesinger (Fighter/Mage) from Eldritch Magic, and I'm running with the following party:

• Aura - Artificer
  • Jaheira - Windrider/Druid (kit is from Eldritch Magic)
  • Khalid - Vanguard from The Artisan's Kitpack
  • Kivan - Archer from The Artisan's Kitpack
  • Xan - Eldritch Knight (Fighter/Mage) from The Artisan's Kitpack

I'm playing on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty with SCS, so it's been a bit of a struggle so far. 😅 At first I was worried there would be too many magic items and experience given all of my content mods, but if anything, my party is starved of both of those things at the moment + is dead broke as well. I don't remember ever being this poor in BG1.

I attached my mod list -- I didn't have any install warnings other than for Aura -- and I'm sure there are problems both big and small with it as far as conflicts and balance issues go. But so far everything has been working fine with the exception of a recurring crash on the Spider Wood map.

ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Log-Finished-Installation-2023.06.28-22꞉14.log

I wonder if maybe this topic should be unpinned. It's an old list that hasn't been updated in couple of years now and it became awfully out of date. I don't want people to risk messed up installations, because of all those mod updates, that happened over the years.