Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

51 minutes ago, Slick85 said:

Should I be afraid something didn't install right if I get an invalid string right when I start up the game?It is the first dialog section of the game when Imoen lets me out of my cage:

This is most likely because your dialog.tlk has not been properly updated due to the earlier "permission denied" error.  Make sure the game is not running, then completely uninstall and reinstall SCS, then start a new game.

3 hours ago, Angel said:

Yes, there was a msectype.2da sitting in my main game dir (not override), probably left there from when I did a weidu --biff-get sometime to examine it.  (I needed to know how it works for implementing Repel Insects in my spell pack.)  Odd though that this would cause an issue, I thought weidu only looked in the biff files and override.

Anyway, I removed it and a few other stray files (mostly decompiled scripts), testing again now.

Well, clearing these stray files did the trick, v33 is installed now.

I did however notice a bunch of parse errors due to references to non-existing entries in splstate.ids.  On my installation, splstate.ids is not changed by any mod other than stratagems.

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/planet.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1639 column 1-66
Near Text: )
        [CheckSpellState] argument [ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY] not found in [splstate.IDS]
[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#solar.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 4807 column 1-61
[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#mg429.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 13077 column 1-96
        [CheckSpellState] argument [ITEM_PSIBLAST] not found in [splstate.IDS]

10 minutes ago, Angel said:

Well, clearing these stray files did the trick, v33 is installed now.

I did however notice a bunch of parse errors due to references to non-existing entries in splstate.ids.  On my installation, splstate.ids is not changed by any mod other than stratagems.

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/planet.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1639 column 1-66

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#solar.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 4807 column 1-61

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#mg429.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 13077 column 1-96
        [CheckSpellState] argument [ITEM_PSIBLAST] not found in [splstate.IDS]

Can you give me a WEIDU.log?

This is a report based on my v32 installation, but I'll mention it here on the likelihood it has gone unnoticed.

I have a spell called DWSW318.spl, which is "Minor Spell Deflection (cast previously)."  This is a straight clone of SPWI318.  But, in the new EE patch, the first opcode 210 effect in SPWI318 references a subspell, SPWI318b.spl.  This contains n opcode 321 'cancel spell' effect canceling SPWI318; in the new engine this is triggered when your Spell Deflection expires, so that any effects on timers can be cut short and removed when the Deflection itself is removed.  It's nifty; but your DWSW318's 201 effect refers to SPWI318b, which only cancels SPWI318.

My fix for this in my own game is simple:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet iwdee~ BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING ~spwi318b.spl~ ~override~
    LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 multi_match = 1 match_opcode = 321 STR_VAR resource = ~dwsw318~ END
  IF_EXISTS BUT_ONLY
END

The same treatment would be required for SPWI522, SPWI618, and SPWI701.

Alternatively, instead of cloning you could use op146 to cast the original spell.  But in this case the small patch would be the least intrusive fix, I think.

Edited by subtledoctor

Hi,

Something I came upon after starting a new game with SCS 33.0 on Enhanced Edition, having skipped the ease-of-use ai component:

With party AI disabled, Imoen would only walk a couple of steps (whenever I told her to go somewhere, she would go a short distance in that direction, then stop). Enabling the AI solved the problem. I have now retroactively installed the ease-of-use ai component, reloaded the game and now Imoen behaves normally with or whithout the party AI being enabled.

My main character was never affected, only Imoen. I hadn't yet recruited another NPC.

Barely an issue at all, but maybe it points to something else.

Guest ant8

Hey thanks for this release, very grateful!! I've just started a new run through of BG2 so this is good timing. But I have found a weird issue with this release which seems to be a regression. I have tracked it down to the "Improved NPC customisation and management" component in the latest release. If I install only this component, the party do not move properly. Only 2 members of the party move to the cursor. The others just stop after a second or so. If I select one party member and try to move them, they stop after a second or so. This does not happen with v32.7.

BG2 v2.5.16.6 installed on Arch Linux 64bit running under Steam.
I have the following mods installed:
    Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options               
    The Tweaks Anthology v9                       
    Unfinished Business                        
    Tower of Deception Quest                   

I made a copy of the main Game folder with the above installed so that I could then install the 2 versions of your mod in each one. When I install v33.1, I see the issue.

I have attached the 2 log files from each install of stratagems:
[setup-stratagems-v32.7.debug | setup-stratagems-v33.1.debug]

Anthony.

Guest ant8
On 6/3/2020 at 3:09 PM, DavidW said:

Did turning the AI on solve the problem permanently, or did it recur when you turned it off again?

Blimey, I just saw this post after posting a similar problem with the "Improved NPC customisation and management" component. I can confirm that if I turn the party AI on and then immediately turn it off, the issue goes away!! If I save the game and then restart BG2, the movement is still OK. Maybe you need to add a note in the documentation. At least I can now use v33.1. I will let you know if the issue comes back!!

Small note regarding compatibility with Spell Revisions:

The IWD Spells component(s) convert various Animal and Monster Summoning icons to green, like in IWD.  But SR makes an Animal Summoning spell for every spell level up to 7, and a Monster Summoning spell for every spell level up to 8, and number them according to their spell level (so e.g. Monster Summoning 2 is the 2nd-level MS spell).  SR's AS and MS spells have icons that reflect their spell level; but these are overwritten by the green icons from IWD.  The result is a mish-mash where the icons look like:

• red Animal Summoning I
  • red Animal Summoning II
  • red Animal Summoning III
  • green Animal Summoning I
  • green Animal Summoning II
  • green Animal Summoning III
  • red Animal Summoning VII

I suggest checking for SR's presence (~dvsrv4here.mrk~) and omitting the green icons if it is there.

Thanks, missed that.

That SCS component converts all summoning icons to green, in accordance with IWD conventions - it looked weird when the IWD-introduced spells were all in green but spells like Summon Planetar were red. So would it make more sense to convert the SR-added summoning spell icons to green too? I don't know what they look like or if that would cause problems.

(The actual recoloring gets done at install time - I don't ship handmade green icons.)

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

So would it make more sense to convert the SR-added summoning spell icons to green too? I don't know what they look like or if that would cause problems.

That would be fine, at least as far as I'm concerned.  The real issue is that in the current situation, AS 4 and MS 4 have a roman numeral 'I' on the icon instead of 'IV' (and AS 5 has 'II' instead of 'V' etc.)  As long as the icons present the correct numerals, either red or green would be fine with me.  (My personal preference would be for green - not so much because I particularly like the green, but because I think the 3-color icon rule of BG2 is needlessly limiting.  Any practice that gets players used to an expanded color palette, like "summoning spells are green," is fine with me.  (My own mods add several green icons among druid spells, and even a few purple ones for occasional use in arcane spells.))