Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

That's (probably) not a bug. Party-summoned fiends attack anything, including other fiends. That's vanilla-game behaviour, and SCS basically replicates it. (Baatezu will actively prioritise tanar'ri and vice versa; that's intentional.)

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm very new to Baldur's Gate and have a fairly simple question to ask: Is this mod Sword Coast Stratagems v33.1 fully compatible with the following mods: BG1 NPC Project, Unfinished Business, Portraits Portraits Everywhere and Distinguishable Clubs?

https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/npcs/bg1npc/

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38254/bg1-unfinished-business-v16-0

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61015/mod-portraits-portraits-everywhere-for-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-iwdee-eet/p1

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34524/distinguishable-clubs-weidu-update-1-1/p1

Also, the page listing mods compatible with BG:EE + SoD over there at Beamdog states that your mod needs a fix to work. After I've installed SCS following all the instructions, do I still need to use that fix for SCS to work in my game? The fix mentioned is in the link below.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385

Just so you know, I have the BG:EE + Siege of Dragonspear from Steam, and I installed them yesterday for the very first time and so far I only played for less than 30 minutes just to see how it was and if everything was ok, so my install is 100% vanilla clean and I would like to make my first playthrough with those mods listed above.

Last but not least, do you DavidW the mod creator would have any recommendations of other mods that are fully compatible with SCS and the ones I mentioned above, and that would fit really well with someone like me playing BG for the first time? If anyone else wants to reply to me too, feel free to do so.

Thank you very much for your hard work!

You don't need the fix. (I've also replied in the other thread; Jastey's reply there looks right as regards compatibility.)

I recommend BG2 tweaks, which makes a lot of small aspects of the game smoother (but don't install it blindly- look at what you want to use in its readme, and err on the side of caution). The Calling and Lure of the Sirine's Call are nice little quest add-ons.

It's actually a long time since my own last playthrough so I'm not very up to date on good mod suggestions.

I'm using the innate spell sequencers and contingencies ability on a BG:EE install with v33.1.

I've noticed Dynaheir now has 6 minor sequencer abilities, and seems to gain a new one every time she is added to the party after being dismissed.

I haven't had a chance to test this with a clean install with just SCS yet.

Very minor "no changes" installation warning during the Initialization AI component:

Spoiler

[./override/scrl07.itm] loaded, 218 bytes

WARNING: no effects added to scrl07.itm

override/scrl07.itm copied to weidu_external/backup/stratagems/5900/scrl07.itm, 218 bytes
Copied [scrl07.itm] to [override/scrl07.itm]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

Undoubtedly not a big deal, but thought I'd report it nonetheless.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/irno0u82mz4svb6/SETUP-BART_TWEAKS.DEBUG (Yes, this is the correct debug file.)

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Do you mind doing a change-log on scrl07.itm for me?

00001:  ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)v13
00002:  ~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ 0 0 // Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal2.0.12
00003:  ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.51 Experimental)
00004:  ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Item Revisions by DemivrgvsV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.5 Experimental)
00005:  ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3110 // Increase Scroll StackingUnlimited Scroll Stackingv9
00006:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)v33.1
00007:  ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 17 // Weapon ChangesV4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.5 Experimental)

Thanks. I'll check it out.

It's almost certainly harmless, but where possible I prefer to mark my ALTER_EFFECTS explicitly to avoid that warning, rather than suppressing it via the 'silent' argument - it's useful data.

I had a small, curious bug: after the fight with "Bhaal" and arriving in the Spellhold maze, I still had all my items. I'm pretty sure it was caused by my character (and Bhaal) being too far from Imoen, as her dream ending dialogue did not play. Retrying the fight and keeping closer to Immy did the trick - everything proceeded as should.

Version 33.2 is now out; see the original post for details. Main features: a fix for the serious problems with French translations and the IWD spells component, and some tweaks to the NPC Customisation and Management component to fix a stutter bug and allow for mods which allow nonhumans to dual-class and/or humans to multiclass. If you're playing in English, probably it's not worth doing a reinstall just for this one.

Guest Glaykith

I noticed what seems like a bug with two of the new IWD spells added by SCS:

• Emotion, Hope
  • Emotion, Courage

Both spells are from the Enchantment/Charm school, but their spell scrolls are marked unusable by both Invokers and Conjurers.

Unless I'm missing something, Enchantment/Charm spells should be available to Conjurers.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:42 AM, DavidW said:

Version 33.2 is now out; see the original post for details. Main features: a fix for the serious problems with French translations and the IWD spells component

I haven't had time to reinstall everything and check whether 33.2 fixes these problems, but I don't see it in the documentation so I will just note some issues I had with G3 IWDification + SCS on BG2 classic.

Acid Storm (with your tweaks) has problems with both it's damage (20d6, not 10d6) and the DW#VITRI shell spell it casts, which has a power level in the header that bounces it off Spell Turning etc., and Entropy Shield does not protect from offensive abjurations despite the description.

Moreover several creatures don't have their level or class modified correctly with IWDification -> SCS, notably Pit Fiends are still class = IMP rather than class = FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC, and are still 14th level, some clerics have the same problem. Uninstalling IWDification solved the class/level errors.

It looks like I'll do without IWD spells for now...