Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

6 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Not trying to be obtuse but are you talking about selecting what language, as in English or French? Or something much deeper?

The game language (independent on the mod laguage): did you install the mod to the game language you are playing in now? If not, the "Invalid: xxxx" is what you'd see for mod added texts.

EDIT: The game language mods are installed to is defined in the weidu.conf file (you can open it with an editor). You can chose the game language when installing the first mod, or after deleting the weidu.conf file.

5 hours ago, jastey said:

The game language (independent on the mod laguage): did you install the mod to the game language you are playing in now? If not, the "Invalid: xxxx" is what you'd see for mod added texts.

EDIT: The game language mods are installed to is defined in the weidu.conf file (you can open it with an editor). You can chose the game language when installing the first mod, or after deleting the weidu.conf file.

I never selected a game language. I DL'ed a fresh install of BG2EE, then DL'ed SCS only and installed it from the downloads folder. Everything was automatic. I did look through the readme for installation and didn't see anything about opening weidu and selecting game language but I only skimmed. I appreciate the help.

There are three things:

- game language

- Weidu language that gets set in weidu.conf the first time you install a mod

- the particular language translation of each particular mod

The first two *must* match. 

EDIT - 

6 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I never selected a game language. I DL'ed a fresh install of BG2EE, then DL'ed SCS only and installed it from the downloads folder

That isn’t how you do it. You should probably run the game (and select a game language) before installing mods. And you don’t install mods like SCS from the downloads folder, you must pit them in your game folder and install them there. 

I can only assume that he means he "installed" the .exe that SCS comes in to his game folder, because magically setting up weidu to install from a remote location sounds a bit too complicated to just casually happen to me.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

I can only assume that he means he "installed" the .exe that SCS comes in to his game folder, because magically setting up weidu to install from a remote location sounds too complicated to just casually happen.

Yup this, I know it's frustrating dealing with the woefully ignorant but I appreciate the help.

32 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Maybe, I don't think so but maybe. I'll delete everything and do fresh installs of each.

Fresh install of BG2EE from beamdog installer, made a new folder and copied it over there. Opened game and went to char creation, works fine no invalids, closed game. Re-dl'ed SCS V33.3 and copied to new folder. Clicked on SCS there and I am here. Before accepting is there anything I should do?

Screenshot (111).png

I ran into a problem/weird behavior with the 'Irenicus in Spellhold' fight: Irenicus spends an entire round casting his 'Summon Clones' spell, during which he is unprotected and easily killed (= forced to teleport away) by the party. If he does so, the summoned clones don't turn hostile.

EDIT: In fact, after some time the summoned clones are then placed under the control of the party.

EDIT2: Correction: the clones are immobile and green-circled upon being summoned, and after saving and loading become party-controlled.

At any rate, the usual workaround of not interrupting mages before their prebuffs addresses this problem also, so it's probably not worth fixing. It seems that Jon's casting animation is interrupted by taking damage, which is why the lack of prebuffs firing instantaneously is more noticeable in this battle. 

Edited by ratatosk

A separate issue with the 'party's items are taken in Spellhold' component: the readme indicates that Imoen has the 'Enchanted Weapon' spell memorized. However, in my install Imoen doesn't come with that spell. It might be a good idea to have that component add a Enchanted Weapon scroll somewhere early on in the dungeon.

2 hours ago, ratatosk said:

A separate issue with the 'party's items are taken in Spellhold' component: the readme indicates that Imoen has the 'Enchanted Weapon' spell memorized. However, in my install Imoen doesn't come with that spell. It might be a good idea to have that component add a Enchanted Weapon scroll somewhere early on in the dungeon.

Honestly, since SCS gets rid of the clay golem, Enchanted Weapon isn't all that important anymore.

Guest SCS Fan

Quick and perhaps dumb question... to update, say for example from 33.2 to 33.3, do I just install on top or do I have to uninstall the previous version first?