Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

Guest LightAcolyte

I am constantly crashing without being able to get through battles with Ogre Mages and Silke in BGEE/EET with Sword Coast Strategems installed. What is happening?

1 hour ago, Guest LightAcolyte said:

I am constantly crashing without being able to get through battles with Ogre Mages and Silke in BGEE/EET with Sword Coast Strategems installed. What is happening?

This would likely be easier to resolve with a dedicated thread of it's own.

With a weidu.log's info from your game folder... open the file with Notepad/other text editor. And make that thread here at SCS forum.

Guest madfiddler

Have had a couple odd things happen with SCS and some tweak pack options enabled in a BG2:EE play the last couple days.

Keldorn's armor's free action seemed to be ineffective against an otyugh. He lost the free action icon, was moving slowly, was taking poison damage, but I kept getting a message that a spell wasn't effective every tick too even though he was definitely slowed. Also, when he walked over top of he otyugh corpse while taking poison damage, I'd get messages about the otyugh's fire shield (blue) every time poison hit Keldorn.

Also, and I'm not positive if this is an SCS thing or a tweak pack but I do have some of the "remove unrealistically helpful stuff" components installed so figured it was worth mentioning at least, an "invisible item" was in a crate (there was an item, an empty space between them, and then another item) near the corpse of a Harper in the starting dungeon, which was picked up and then unable to be removed from inventory. It had no mouse-over tooltip, couldn't be picked up in any way, and if I tried to drop another item into the slot I got a "this item cannot be removed" message like when you try to pick up a familiar from inventory. EE Keeper didn't show any item at all in the inventory slot that got bugged. Reloading a save that I made AFTER I looted it fixed the item slot, however.

Guest madfiddler
2 hours ago, Guest madfiddler said:

Have had a couple odd things happen with SCS and some tweak pack options enabled in a BG2:EE play the last couple days.

Keldorn's armor's free action seemed to be ineffective against an otyugh. He lost the free action icon, was moving slowly, was taking poison damage, but I kept getting a message that a spell wasn't effective every tick too even though he was definitely slowed. Also, when he walked over top of he otyugh corpse while taking poison damage, I'd get messages about the otyugh's fire shield (blue) every time poison hit Keldorn.

Also, and I'm not positive if this is an SCS thing or a tweak pack but I do have some of the "remove unrealistically helpful stuff" components installed so figured it was worth mentioning at least, an "invisible item" was in a crate (there was an item, an empty space between them, and then another item) near the corpse of a Harper in the starting dungeon, which was picked up and then unable to be removed from inventory. It had no mouse-over tooltip, couldn't be picked up in any way, and if I tried to drop another item into the slot I got a "this item cannot be removed" message like when you try to pick up a familiar from inventory. EE Keeper didn't show any item at all in the inventory slot that got bugged. Reloading a save that I made AFTER I looted it fixed the item slot, however.

Just had it happen again in one of the chests in the harper hold. If I mouse over the empty slot in the chest, it tooltip's as "Invalid: 999999"

Looking at a guide, it looks like there normally is a bloodstone ring and 40 acid arrows in the chest. I looted the arrows, I guess the bloodstone ring was the bugged part? Now I'm wondering if there's an issue with my install or something; neither SCS nor tweak pack would mess with a random jewelry loot, right?

Guest madfiddler

Hmm. I may be finding a pattern. I had an empty spot in a container in Merella's cabin now too, empty description screen if I right click on the space, no tooltip this time. The other item in the container? Acid arrows.

Guest madfiddler
On 9/27/2020 at 4:26 PM, DavidW said:

Most of this doesn't *sound* like SCS issues, though you never can tell. The arrow thing is a bit suspicious given that you're removing unrealistic items... I will have a look when I have a chance.

I'm guessing the dead otyugh's fire shield thing was a quirky interaction of keldorn's sword trying to retaliate when he took poison damage ticks from the otyugh while standing near the otyugh corpse.

I've gained some levels and have run into a quirk with ease-of-use AI on a sorcerer who can now use contingency (with the innate sequencer/contingencies installed). My charname is constantly trying to cast contingency even when I already have one up and/or when he's already cast one for the day.

I love SCS, by the way! I always feel bad because I only ever am here posting because of something I find that seems wrong, but thank you for all the work you've put into this over the years!

Guest madfiddler
1 hour ago, Guest madfiddler said:

I've gained some levels and have run into a quirk with ease-of-use AI on a sorcerer who can now use contingency (with the innate sequencer/contingencies installed). My charname is constantly trying to cast contingency even when I already have one up and/or when he's already cast one for the day.

Oh, I just now noticed, this issue seems to be because contingency has appeared in my spellbook as a 6th level spell in addition to being on my innate abilities bar. The icon for contingency shows as a known spell, though without a name next to it like normal. If I click on the spell, the spell info shows up on the right side of the book, and when my character kept trying to cast contingency, it was using up my spells per day.

A suggestion for the ease of use AI: Would it be possible to add an option to have bards sing automatically, like the vanilla Bard Controlled script does? I'd love to use the ease of use AI with Haer'Dalis, but that would prevent him from singing automatically, which for a bard I think is more important than any other automatic scripting, so I'm stuck with the Bard Controlled script.

A similar option to have rogues detect traps or hide in the shadows automatically would also be nice.