Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

12 hours ago, DavidW said:

There is a typo in the file 'dualfc.2da' in Tweaks Anthology that's causing this (it's used in component 2450, 'give PnP class restrictions'). If you uninstall that component you should be fine. (Or you can fix it yourself if you like - edit 'cdtweaks/2da/dualfc.2da' in Notepad or similar, find 'AP_D5_DUAFCAP_D5_DUAFC' and replace it with 'AP_D5_DUAFC AP_D5_DUAFC', and then reinstall that component.)

Many Thanks, it worked

Hang on. If those are PC-summoned fiends, they should just be going on an uncontrolled rampage. Attacking each other is permissible in that circumstance. So I’m not clear why this is a bug.

(It’s also extremely difficult to see how anything in 33.5 could have changed this.)

Another AI issue in v33.5: In Abazigal's lair the Death Tyrants and Tyrant Golems go crazy casting all sorts of spell on my magic immune golems (including a few hilarious Flesh to Stone on my Stone Golem). I'm not sure how optimized this part of the AI is, but I understand that all the beholder type monsters should have smarter targeting.

Hello guys,

I think I have a very basic problem/ I am overlooking sth obvios. In did a fresh install of BG2:EE via the Beamdog Installer. I installed SCS via the .exe and specified the /Beamdog Library/00783 folder as the installtion folder (it has the chitin.key file in it as mentioned in the readme). However, as far as I can tell, SCS is not installed. Boo is ins Minsc' quick bar and I have not "scs difficulty slider". What am I missing?

My folder/Beamdog Library/00783 has the setup-statagems.exe in it as well as a stratagems folder.

Same think happend to me on another PC I tried to install SCS yesterday.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Today I've beaten BG1:EE with SCS (a mix of Improved and Tactical settings, all tactical challenges except Improved Kobolds enabled), and I enjoyed it much better than the original. There are a couple of things that bother me a little, though:

First, Aec'Letec does not seem to be fully affected by the Improved Fiends component. I didn't see her teleporting around the battlefield, and I'm pretty certain that my difficulty for this component was set to Tactical. It was still a fun battle, but the cultist fight in the previous room posed a greater challenge. On that note, the Demon Knight wasn't teleporting around, either. Is this behavior intended?

My second piece of feedback concerns the chess battle. I had the greatest number of reloads in that place, but there were two scenarios for opponent behavior. If I entered the battle normally, all opposing pieces would instantly aggro, rush forward (within rules, but that's enough to sow chaos and despair) and try to kill my king no matter what. But if I used a potion of invisibility on my main character before the battle began (i.e. while fighting the last elemental warden), the enemies on the chessboard remained dormant, unless provoked according to usual rules (or my main character became visible again). This makes the fight significantly easier for the price of never using your king (to me, it was still a lot of fun). Do both of those scenarios work as intended?

Searched and couldn't find this reported: hard crash with the Improved Shapeshifting component of SCS during BG2EE Chapter 5 once your party has been transformed into drow. Specifically, this is with the druid HLA elemental shapeshifts, although I also tested with a few of the regular forms as well. Running SCS, Ascension, IR+IRR, & SR, and Tweaks Anthology.

WeiDU.log

Edited by kreon
Weidu.log attached
1 hour ago, kreon said:

Searched and couldn't find this reported: hard crash with the Improved Shapeshifting component of SCS during BG2EE Chapter 5 once your party has been transformed into drow. Specifically, this is with the druid HLA elemental shapeshifts, although I also tested with a few of the regular forms as well. Running SCS, Ascension, IR+IRR, & SR, and Tweaks Anthology.

Weidu.log's info might help. Open the file with Notepad and copy the content to a post.

I am not sure but something in current version of SCS somehow mangles (or ruins) Restored Rhynn Lanthorn Quest. Here is my Weidu and unfortunatley i dunno how to attach 8 mb SCS debug file (wont let me do it), but there is a ERROR line in the after all SCS sections are installed :"

[ascension/lang/english/setup.tra] has 32 translation strings
ERROR: No translation provided for @0
[item_rev/languages/english/setup.tra] has 60 translation strings
[item_rev/languages/english/description_updates.tra] has 173 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\arcane.tra] has 664 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\divine.tra] has 393 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\hla.tra] has 6 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\setup.tra] has 15 translation strings
[spell_rev\languages\english\item_revisions.tra] has 19 translation strings
[stratagems/lang/english/setup.tra] has 216 translation strings
[weidu_external/lang/stratagems/english/setup.tra] has 216 translation strings
76737 characters, 535 entries added to DIALOG.TLK
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 107926 string entries

WeiDU.log

12 hours ago, pochesun said:

unfortunatley i dunno how to attach 8 mb SCS debug file (wont let me do it)

This is because it's a text file, and also "wrongly named" as one, what you should ALWAYS do is archive any of the files as a .zip file and attach it, this will save everyone 30 to 40 times the file size, and allow it to be attached to any normal forum, unlike off brand knockoffs with a variaty of file naming schemes, that are intended to say what the file is used for rather than it's actual function, which is to be a .t(e)xt file, which a character coding that consumes the larger file size than an archive would.

2 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

This is because it's a text file, and also "wrongly named" as one, what you should ALWAYS do is archive any of the files as a .zip file and attach it, this will save everyone 30 to 40 times the file size, and allow it to be attached to any normal forum, unlike off brand knockoffs with a variaty of file naming schemes, that are intended to say what the file is used for rather than it's actual function, which is to be a .t(e)xt file, which a character coding that consumes the larger file size than an archive would.

ok here we go. @DavidW Thats about my previous post about Restored Rhynn Lanthorn Quest

SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG.rar

Edited by pochesun
18 hours ago, pochesun said:

I am not sure but something in current version of SCS somehow mangles (or ruins) Restored Rhynn Lanthorn Quest.

If you mean the quest from Oversight, it's not compatible with SCS's enhanced AI scripts.

More details in this thread:

I don't think that's an actual error, it's just SCS's version of WEIDU failing to read the name of the Rhynn Lanthorn component.

(To be more precise, Restored Rhynn Lanthorn uses my trick of putting a tra reference in the VERSION string. A rare failure of backward-compatibility in WEIDU v247 (which ships with the latest SCS) breaks that trick. It isn't messing with your existing install of Restored Rhynn Lanthorn, but when SCS's version of WEIDU tries to create the weidu.log, it fails to read the name of the component. I should update RRL to WEIDU 247 at some point.)

Hi, for some reason the difficulty slider is not updated. Please see bellow:

EuWK66o.jpg

The installed mods are pretty standard. Any advice please on what could be wrong? I guess I could try reinstalling the mods with the UI last, if that helps.

WeiDU.log

Edited by sebas