Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

Just stumbled upon a few minor issues in v33 (hardcore difficulty):

1. With the Ease of use AI Aerie casts Cure light wounds on Haer'Dalis when Haer'Dalis is protected by Spell deflection (which wastes both the healing spell and the spell deflection).

2. In Sendai's enclave:

• The lich casts incediary cloud, which hits the Apprentice, who is not protected against fire and doesn't get out of the cloud, so he gets damage every round and all his spells are disrupted.
  • A beholder casts flesh to stone at my Mordeikanen's sword and a skeleton warrior attacks it, which is useless because the sword is immune to both.
  • Mythikil casts planar travel at himself.

3. When I level up my mage protagonist all the HLAs are available, including those that I already picked previously. I'm not using the "Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells" component. Not sure if this is related to SCS, but it doesn't happen in my vanilla installation and my other mods don't seem to affect HLAs in any way, so I'd say it's an SCS issue.

Edited by Alonso
Adding info
Guest madfiddler

Is it intended that player-summoned celestials and fiends do not have instant-casting spells unless the general mage AI is set to tactical or higher? (Newest SCS + some tweaks anthology and rogue rebalancing options)

I tested gating in a pit fiend (no protection from evil, it just chased me a bit then non-instantly casted a fire storm), HLA devas, and HLA planetars, and none of these would cast instantly when summoned by a player unless the general mage AI was set to tactical, even if fiend fine tuning (which I assumed was what controls instant-casting) WAS set up to tactical. Normally I have mages toned down to improved because I dislike them innately sensing if there is something invisible nearby, and when I do that, any fiend or celestial I summon actually uses cast times for spells.

I tested summoning a hostile tolergas to fight a console-leveled-up sorcerer in cheateau irenicus, and his summoned fiends were still casting instantly even when mine were not (again, on improved setting for mage general AI but with fiend set at tactical).

1 hour ago, Guest madfiddler said:

Is it intended that player-summoned celestials and fiends do not have instant-casting spells unless the general mage AI is set to tactical or higher? (Newest SCS + some tweaks anthology and rogue rebalancing options)

I tested gating in a pit fiend (no protection from evil, it just chased me a bit then non-instantly casted a fire storm), HLA devas, and HLA planetars, and none of these would cast instantly when summoned by a player unless the general mage AI was set to tactical, even if fiend fine tuning (which I assumed was what controls instant-casting) WAS set up to tactical. Normally I have mages toned down to improved because I dislike them innately sensing if there is something invisible nearby, and when I do that, any fiend or celestial I summon actually uses cast times for spells.

I tested summoning a hostile tolergas to fight a console-leveled-up sorcerer in cheateau irenicus, and his summoned fiends were still casting instantly even when mine were not (again, on improved setting for mage general AI but with fiend set at tactical).

The instant casting time is due to prebuffing options... if none is used, they should cast all their spells always normally. Be they summons or enemies. There's probably more options that would need to be added to control this, but it's for DavidW to speculate if he wants and can do that.

Guest madfiddler
15 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The instant casting time is due to prebuffing options... if none is used, they should cast all their spells always normally. Be they summons or enemies. There's probably more options that would need to be added to control this, but it's for DavidW to speculate if he wants and can do that.

The language in the readme (and my experience with some previous versions of SCS like, last year, I think when fine tune ingame settings were optional still) seems to disagree:

This component overhauls the "Fiends" (i.e., Baatezu and Tanar'ri, aka Devils and Demons) and "Celestials" (i.e. Devas, Planetars and Solars) throughout the game.

TACTICAL: Fiends can use their magical powers instantly and without risk of spell failure. They will teleport around the battlefield for tactical advantage, try to renew their own defenses, and use virtually all of their magical powers. Demon princes will summon demons once per three rounds.

Guest madfiddler
27 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

The language in the readme (and my experience with some previous versions of SCS like, last year, I think when fine tune ingame settings were optional still) seems to disagree:

This component overhauls the "Fiends" (i.e., Baatezu and Tanar'ri, aka Devils and Demons) and "Celestials" (i.e. Devas, Planetars and Solars) throughout the game.

TACTICAL: Fiends can use their magical powers instantly and without risk of spell failure. They will teleport around the battlefield for tactical advantage, try to renew their own defenses, and use virtually all of their magical powers. Demon princes will summon demons once per three rounds.

Also, the behavior of HLA celestials casting (admittedly while outside of combat) was changing from casting times to instant as I changed the general mage AI fine tuning, without touching the prebuffing.

Also, I just smacked an akthala guard with a celestial standing next to me, and the chaos and then dispel magic it casted (chaos was from its own script, dispel magic was me instructing it) were both instant casts.

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't figure out what's going on.

Sorry about the multiple posts, also I guess I already had an account so guesting and being unable to edit was my bad!

Anyway, yeah. My deva refuses to instantly cast spells when fighting the lich in the city gates bar basement, but it fires them off instantly in the bar, in the streets, whether in combat or not.

Err... I have no idea now. After the first spellcast trying to fight that lich being a cast time, now the deva is instantly casting. Lol :)

edit - it's really sporadic. Sometimes I get instant casts, sometimes I don't.

Edited by madfiddler

Seems to be a slight bug when the IWD Divine Spells  is installed over Spell Revisions. 

SR installs a version of Cure Moderate Wounds at 2nd level.  SCS largely defers to the existing spell in such instances when the spell is in the IDS table - see e.g. Sunscorch, Spike Growth.  However in the case of CMW SCS seems to perform some operation on the spell.  The icon is changed, and changed to different effect in different places; and the first line of the spell description - the spell name - is replaced with what looks like a STRREF. 

In my case, SR installed CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS as sppr216.spl.  The spell icon is "sppr315c" and the header icons are "sppr315b."  After SCS IWD divine spells are installed, the spell description is changed (the description is still accurate to the SR spell, but the first line is wrong, so it seems like the string itself is being modified?); the spell icon is changed to "sppr216c" (which doesn't exist) the first header icon is changed to "sppr216b" (which doesn't exist), and the effect icons for the remaining headers are all changed to "sppr401b" (which exists, but is the icon for Cure Serious Wounds, rather than Cure Moderate).

Pics:

Spoiler

1723780493_ScreenShot2020-10-08at8_54_56AM.png.97af3918374e09b56a2efa23e7261fc2.png

745849714_ScreenShot2020-10-08at8_56_22AM.thumb.png.b26a5e829defa45ad3ed18914a22f857.png

To reproduce:

1. Install SR 4b18
  2. Install SCS Divine IWD spells
Edited by subtledoctor
On 10/7/2020 at 8:15 AM, Guest madfiddler said:

Yes. Though it sounds as if it may not be working quite correctly.

4 hours ago, AL|EN said:

Thanks for quick update. And for switching back to VERSION using actual value instead of translation refference.

It's because MOD_VERSION is now available in WEIDU. (And, actually, because Weidu v247 accidentally broke TRA references in VERSION, but I'd have shifted off it even if it didn't.) As a matter of logic, mod version number should only be recorded once in the mod; in v246 the only way to do that is through TRA references.

This was timely. Was just reinstalling SCS because I borked my install doing some fixes. The component NPC customization barfs with:

ERROR: Failure(" is not an integer, but one was expected") in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=parameter1, arguments=36
ERROR: [blank] -> [override/dwaulb36.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure(" is not an integer, but one was expected"))

This same error appeared earlier (I believe in the improved shapeshifting component) but the install did not stop and weidu merely signalled warnings:

[./override/dw#shspi.ITM] loaded, 1130 bytes
FAILURE:
 is not an integer, but one was expected

ERROR: Failure(" is not an integer, but one was expected") in apply_standard_function: inputs were func=duration, arguments=36
ERROR: [dw#shspi.ITM] -> [override/dw#shspi.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure(" is not an integer, but one was expected"))

I can give you my weidu log as well as the debug file if you need, as there may be some other errors of this type in there -- scratch the latter, as I forgot to save the debug file when uninstalling. Stupid me.

Just in case it is useful, when uninstalling I get:

SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED [Improved shapeshifting] (component #4030)
ERROR: No translation provided for @0

Edit: I keep forgetting things, but SCS is not installable with weidu v246. It complains about a missing file lib/lib_ini.tpa, which is looking in weidu_external instead of the mod folder. If I upgrade to weidu 247 then I get the above.

Edited by grodrigues
Added information.
Guest desmond_lochart

Hello! I tried to install SCS 33.5  for BG:EE today, but ran into the following error:

ERROR Installing [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI com
ponents)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 2598 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
Uninstalled    2598 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
ERROR: Sys_error("override/gtimes.ids: Invalid argument")

It does not allow me to install any AI changes (some of the other components can be installed without issues, though).
I have installed very few other mods (see contents of WeiDU.log below), and as far as I can tell, SCS shouldn't conflict with any of them. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.0
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Lovesick Half-Orc: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Many Little Paws: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Brage's Sword: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Legal Sea Charts Sources: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Additions to the Lady's Hall and the Bitch Queen's Temple: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #14 // A Worried Farmer: v22
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bodies for a Good Cause: v22
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #103 // Main Component: Amount of -ahem- details and BG-style vs. description text! (Required) -> BG-style Version [Adult content] and Show/Install all Components with Warnings.: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardolan's Briefing, by berelinde: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Scar's Spare Time, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Kim's Preoccupation, by jastey (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Extension of Bjornin Encounter (Personal Wound Treatment), by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // No Starch in the Maypole: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Duke Eltan's Spare Minute, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Husam's Personal Preparation, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Laurel's Post-Hunting, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Bartus' Seduction, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Lina's Massage, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // First Night with Quentin, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Chatting Niklos Up, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Slythe and Krystin, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // No Regrets: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Purchased Love, by Thimblerig: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Hull: Heavy Duty, by Lava: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Late Night with Jaheira, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sil's Blessing, by Lava: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Melicamp: The Poultry Boy, by Lava: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reading with Rinnie, by Western Paladin: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Molly the Husband-Grabber, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // The Mourning of Centeol, the Spider Lady, by Lava: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // The Essential End, by Lava (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // The Harvestmen Lair, by Lava (mature content): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Great Zudini, by Kulyok (mature content): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Messenger, by Thimblerig: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Ender Sai, the Hero's Reward, by Thimblerig (WARNING - refer to the readme!): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // The Novelists, by Thimblerig: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // The Honest Lies of Two Riversides, By Lava: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Necromancer's Trouble, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Dinner with Thalantyr, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Girdle of Gender Reactions, by Thimblerig, Kulyok, Domi, Lava, Lastknightleft, Twani, Jastey, Daisy Ninja Girl: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // The Surgeon's Dream, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // All That Left Was, by Lava and Thimblerig: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // A Childhood Friend, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Arlene the Working Girl, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Della May from Thay, by Kulyok: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // A Dirty Guard in Candlekeep, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Phoenix Flame, by Kulyok (mature content): 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // Mikala the Monk, by Twani: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night, by Thimblerig and tibicina: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Camryn and Tamah, by tibicina: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // Minor Disclosures, by jastey: 5.0
~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Cloakwood Lovers, by tibicina: 5.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 45 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 45 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #41 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 45 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #51 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 45 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #61 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 45 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #71 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 45 minutes real time minimum between LoveTalks: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #112 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak -> Banter Timing: Very fast (about 13 minutes between banter dialogs): v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #120 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #130 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #150 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #155 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Coran his "Murder in Baldur's Gate" portrait: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #160 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v24.9
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v24.9

Odd. I can't reproduce on a clean install with SCS only.

Just a quick sanity check: (i) are you on the latest version of BGEE? (2.5) (ii) did you make sure the game wasn't running while you installed?

If the answer to (i) and (ii) is 'yes', can you find the file override/gtimes.ids, zip it, and post it?

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

Odd. I can't reproduce on a clean install with SCS only.

Just a quick sanity check: (i) are you on the latest version of BGEE? (2.5) (ii) did you make sure the game wasn't running while you installed?

If the answer to (i) and (ii) is 'yes', can you find the file override/gtimes.ids, zip it, and post it?

Thank you for the quick response! The answer to both questions was yes. Please find the archive attached.
gtimes.7z